It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. slavery reparations sought in first Black Lives Matter agenda

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
So who pays for these "reparations" ?

We do! But we actually save money by not using our taxes to fund the prison complex!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: crazyewok
So who pays for these "reparations" ?

We do! But we actually save money by not using our taxes to fund the prison complex!

By housing them, feeding them, and paying for their college?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: supremecommander

Well, first, you'd want to keep that opinion to yourself when in company of members of your own community.

Second, I'm sure the program can be wired up so that ONLY whites have to pay for the program. Surely you'd be all up for that! And your kids would get free Education for life!

My guess is the Democrats will be forced to adopt this idea after the election. So you might want to keep your options open.

No I would not have to keep my opinion to myself because guess what? If you actually knew a few black people instead of relying on your racist third person view, you'd have come to the conclusion that we all have different thoughts and opinions on a wide array of topics.

2nd, you have to be very naive to believe that there would be ANY PROGRAM passed in the USA that would unlawfully force any ethnic group to have to pay out to another. Spare me.

3rd, no I would not be up for that...my children, if I have any, would work hard and earn their education just like I did.

Your condescending, racist tone is not appreciated. people like you are the reason why a group like BLM exists.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

Agree, my family is from France. Do you think Rome could pay me for using Gauls as slaves?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
They want money, but all they really should get is counselling to help them get over it.

If they demand money, just ignore them and keep offering counselling.

Really, that is what's needed, not money.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Well now, there you go............put me in my place you did. Pulled out the all powerful race card! Good for you! Wish I had one.

Yes, I do think some form of reparations for a specific ethnic group could be accomplished lawfully. Your complaint was that as a black person, you didn't want to have to pay taxes to pay for the program. That's understandable, but, they could rebate the taxes in the form of a tax credit.

The UBI aspect of this has been talked about quite a bit of late but in reference to filling the gap that's going to be caused by robotics, AI, and computerized assembly lines. The sad but true fact of life is that with each new innovation in technology, there's going to be ever fewer jobs for succeeding generations of workers.

And in a sense, that's where the free university education comes in. In order to hold high paying jobs, people are going to have to achieve ever higher levels of education and technological competency.

I think the idea of these type programs is interesting. Maybe they would somewhat ease the racial tensions in the US.

Thanks and have a nice day and BTW, your response is precisely why I know and associate with the number of US Blacks that I do.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Slavery was only abolished finally in 1975 when Mauritania became the last country to make it illegal. Many of those people who were used as slaves including for rape are still alive today, yet BLM has no desire to see them get compensation, only those with AMerican citizenship.

Why? Because to Americans, even BLM, Africans are below human.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hey, folks, good news!

This problem has been solved in the most libertarian fashion ...

Th ey have a website for it. For those who feel guilty and ashamed, you can go log in and try to make yourself feel better for being born the wrong color by contributing money and stuff to people who are convinced that they cannot make it in the world who go here to log in and make requests for what they think will let them do better.

So reparations officially exist and they are entirely voluntary.
edit on 2-8-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Can I sign up as a white recipient?

I'm Irish an both my parents are orphans but I'm pretty sure we're slaves cause we're Irish and we used to drink powered milk.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

I'm Irish an both my parents are orphans but I'm pretty sure we're slaves cause we're Irish and we used to drink powered milk.

I have no idea. I just saw the article and looked through it. I didn't go to the website to check it out.

I just figure it's the perfectly libertarian solution since it involves perfectly voluntary exchanges on both sides.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
At first I thought the title read

"U.S. slavery repatriation sought in first Black Lives Matter agenda"

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DeadFoot

I have no idea. I just saw the article and looked through it. I didn't go to the website to check it out.

I just figure it's the perfectly libertarian solution since it involves perfectly voluntary exchanges on both sides.

It's funny, I'm looking through it and the "Offering" as are for things like transport, mechanical, electrical, tutoring, childcare"

And the "Requests", on the other hand.. Vacations, mixing boards, diamonds, yoga, smart phones.... this one kid wants World of Warcraft!?

Can't wait to see what BLM wants us to pay for with taxes.
edit on 2-8-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Sounds good. Let every #BLM member convert to Hasidic Judaism, complete with adherence of all customs and practices, work diligently for their fellow Judaic brothers and sisters 6 years, and then on the 7th year they may walk free with 6 year's wages.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

If America is supposed to pay "reparations" from slavery and imprisonment, then does that mean America can back charge (with interest) for the room and board provided to those enslaved and imprisoned? Might be a wash in the end...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

slavery in the U.S was not started by U.S. citizens. it was started by the british and other european countries.
their period of slavery lasted twice as long as the U.S. which if you count from the Declaration of Independence to when Lincoln proclaimed the Emancipation Proclamation, the time that slavery lasted in the U.S is 87 years.

seems to me that the portuguese,british/english,spanish, french,dutch and danish are the ones who should be ponying up the most money.

What an idiotic comment to make.

Boo Hoo The British are worse than us because we only had slaves for 87 years.
Any length of slavery is wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Any length of slavery is wrong.

Unless you're not black, tho'.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
From your link

White people have created a political and cultural system that discriminates against and excludes people of color everyday

white people

white people

Gotta love the logic. Is there a mailing list every other white person knows about besides me?
edit on 2-8-2016 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
Is there a mailing list every other white person knows about besides me?

Bzzzt! Ixnay on the ailingmay istlay in ublicpay.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hello no! I'm pissed at you guys for not keeping me in the loop.

Reparations are in order

edit on 2-8-2016 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Hello fine, you can draw from the joint caucasian account from any Bank of Privilege ATM discretely located, like always, at your local Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, or Aeropostale store. I hope you haven't forgotten the PIN# because we're getting kind of tired of having to change it.

Further, it is clearly spelled out in the handbook that YOU are responsible for keeping yourself updated on these matters.
edit on 2-8-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join