It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. slavery reparations sought in first Black Lives Matter agenda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If you go back far enough, everyone was a slave of somebody else. We all owe each other $1. Give a stranger a dollar today and get on with your life.

Besides, I'm sure from past history (Al Sharpton... Jesse Jackson, at.el.), that the reparation funds are to be funneled through several of the African American organizations. If so, A huge chunk of the $$$ will never reach the African American citizens it was meant for.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm still waiting to wake up from this nightmare that is contemporary America.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm black and I don't want a damn thing but peace and continued opportunity to advance in life through my own hard work and efforts.

BLM can stick their demand for reparations. I'm a tax payer, who do you think will be paying for this?

This is why i don't mess with these clowns. They protest instead of working towards creating true change. True change would, within this system, come through establishing PACs to push for legislation, not this nonsense. they don't educate their followers.

I work too hard and bust my tail day in and day out to be associated with these morons just because I'm black. Its frustrating.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
My family never owned slaves. We didn't get here until the 1880's. No black alive in the US was ever a slave.

Reparations? GET REAL.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The whole reparations thing is nothing more than scamming people alive today, who had no involvement in the original actions and didn't benefit from it, based on a perceived guilt for what their ancestors may, or may not, have done!
Same goes for the ongoing Holocaust payments, based on a perceived collective guilt, but only applicable to one group based on their followed religion. Everyone else, on both sides, who lost everything and loved ones is S.O.L.

Truth is, the only ones who really benefited from it all are the bankers (funny, it's always the bankers) and the ordinary people who would foot the bill of any proposed plan not only had no involvement but got screwed, and still do, by those same bankers!

I wonder if maybe I can claim reparations based on my Scottish ancestry and kick the evil English Royalists out of Balmoral and move myself in as compensation?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So, BLM says reparations are due for lasting harms caused to african-americans of slavery. What about all the white slaves? Do they get anything? Who pays them? We know they existed. And if the issue is slavery, not race, than they should get paid too.

According to the BLM slave owners should pay slaves, and the descendants of slave owners should pay the descendants of slaves. Interesting...

The first slave owner in the US was a black man. So, I guess black people should pay other black people? And since white people were slaves too, black people should pay white people?

And lets not forget that slave owners frequently had sex with slaves. Which means that the descendants of slave owners are also the descendants of slaves. So, they should pay each other? Or maybe just keep their wallets and their mouths shut?

And what about white reparations? 640,000 white people died fighting to end slavery in the US and free the slaves. 640,000 white people made the ultimate sacrifice to end slavery. And in 200 years I do not recall ever hearing a "Thank you".

Pay the white people for their sacrifice! They earned it.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If I'm going to pay someone it will be the Native Americans.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Well, first, you'd want to keep that opinion to yourself when in company of members of your own community.

Second, I'm sure the program can be wired up so that ONLY whites have to pay for the program. Surely you'd be all up for that! And your kids would get free Education for life!

My guess is the Democrats will be forced to adopt this idea after the election. So you might want to keep your options open.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It's quite simple really"reparations" could be spent only on"travel vouchers" because we couldn't bare to separate these people from their roots, condemning them to be forced to LIVE among white people and the land we founded ,would be cruel.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I thought the top priorities of Black Lives Matter were:

1. Stop young Black People from Killing each other.

2. Stop the Police from Killing Blacks due to fear, hatred, or fun.

3. Get the huge Black unemployment rate down.

4. Everything else...after goals 1, 2, and 3 are met.

-cwm

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well they can thank the Democrats and Andrew Jackson for this

Reparations were going to be dolled out until Jackson vetoed it

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
slavery in the U.S was not started by U.S. citizens. it was started by the british and other european countries.
their period of slavery lasted twice as long as the U.S. which if you count from the Declaration of Independence to when Lincoln proclaimed the Emancipation Proclamation, the time that slavery lasted in the U.S is 87 years.

seems to me that the portuguese,british/english,spanish, french,dutch and danish are the ones who should be ponying up the most money.
edit on 2-8-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Not Native Americans living on reservations.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So then Asian Lives Matter and Irish Lives Matter can join the "reparations" wave.

How about seeking reparations from those who sold the blacks into slavery? Along with Asians and the Irish?

There would have been no slaves to "purchase" if those human beings hadn't been "sold".

Slavery is wrong, no matter the R.N.O.G.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Good! We need to pay reparations and put this mess behind us already.

The case for Reparations

And if thy brother, a Hebrew man, or a Hebrew woman, be sold unto thee, and serve thee six years; then in the seventh year thou shalt let him go free from thee. And when thou sendest him out free from thee, thou shalt not let him go away empty: thou shalt furnish him liberally out of thy flock, and out of thy floor, and out of thy winepress: of that wherewith the LORD thy God hath blessed thee thou shalt give unto him. And thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in the land of Egypt, and the LORD thy God redeemed thee: therefore I command thee this thing today. — deuteronomy 15: 12–15

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

The case for Reparations

And if thy brother, a Hebrew man, or a Hebrew woman, be sold unto thee, and serve thee six years; then in the seventh year thou shalt let him go free from thee. And when thou sendest him out free from thee, thou shalt not let him go away empty: thou shalt furnish him liberally out of thy flock, and out of thy floor, and out of thy winepress: of that wherewith the LORD thy God hath blessed thee thou shalt give unto him. And thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in the land of Egypt, and the LORD thy God redeemed thee: therefore I command thee this thing today. — deuteronomy 15: 12–15

Reparations? Gun Control?

Sorry yeti, some of your thoughts are just primitive. Might be time to evolve.

teehee

Disclaimer: All in good fun.
edit on 2-8-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Reality check !

Slavery is still happening !

Why ain't the BLM helping there asses ?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

The case for Reparations

Sorry yeti, some of your thoughts are just primitive. Might be time to evolve.

I tried but Psilocybin doesn't work :-(

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
i would one up the reparations ; first all living slaves and their direct families, "sons ,daughters, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers." all should receive one million dollars for every year they where enslaved by the u.s. government.

documentation must be provided.
w

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

They pay for themselves and then some..you have any idea how much money is pissed away in the drug war?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join