It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEarch for Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
before i start id like to say that im only 13 os dont start yellling if im wrong. But astronmers are often searching for planets like ours that may have life. But lets say that we have evolved and changed over time to suite the climate and such on earth, is it possible that planets that we would think completely uninhabitable, would have life because the life there has adapted to there world???

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thats very possible, when people make statements like life cant live in these conditions on earth they are often proved wrong when we find a microbe living in that same place.

Before they found those deep sea vents many people would have said there is no way life could exist in such a harsh enviroment without any sunlight at all. Yet we found life living their just fine without any help from the sun.

We are learning earth life is much more hardy then we first thought.

I doubt we will find large lifeforms on places like mars or any other planets but Microbes could very well have adapted to life in many places. I think Europa is a great place to look for life like we find near our own deep sea vents. Could very well be some alien shrimp,fish and tubeworms out there.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
As you can see i cant spell (And im in honors english). but yes shadow i think finding even the smallest of lviing organisms would be great, because that opens up the universe to endless possiblities.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yeah if we find that life started independently in two places in just our solar system , I think it would be a safe bet to assume that the Universe is teeming with life.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yes but if we did anytime soon, half the people on ATS would say it was a conspiracy planted by NASA or something. This thread is very odd, 4th post and now mindless yelling. I dont understand. someting must be wrong. But yes shadow i agree with your agreance to my previous statement.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I would be surprised if we didnt find any other 'alien' species. There is an infinite number (as far as we know) of planets, galaxys and maybe even universes. Whos to say that none of them are inhabited by an intelligent life form or just the simple form of organism.

[edit on 19/1/2005 by wyatt43]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There could have been civilizations that have already been killed off ! Perhaps we will find life like on earth but probably not in my life time

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
Yes but if we did anytime soon, half the people on ATS would say it was a conspiracy planted by NASA or something. This thread is very odd, 4th post and now mindless yelling. I dont understand. someting must be wrong. But yes shadow i agree with your agreance to my previous statement.

No one's yelling because you aren't carrying on like a raving loonatic

There's life out there.. somewhere, just a matter of finding it.

However, there are some basic things that we believe all life needs to be successful (at least carbon based life forms), so we can safely rule out some planets. The reason the scientists look for planets like our is simple: start with what you know.

Osiris

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
i agree otlg that i would search for earth like planets. but there is nothing to say that life needs someting like earth to survive, correct???

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I forget the theory thats says there could be other galaxies that have altered realitys, For instence, there might be a place in space where Protons or electrons dont exist, this would mean The place would be Way different that our understanding of physics!

[edit on 19-1-2005 by PanzerDiv]

top topics

join