It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect thoughts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If Australia was really close to Papua New Guinea, then this is a different Earth than the world I remember.
If our kidneys used to be way lower than our ribs, then we live in a different body.

It might be a non-physical phenomenon, but this sure feels like a physical world. If you cut off my thumb, there will be blood and it will hurt a lot.

I remember a different world. Only a little bit different, but definitely different. Berenstein was not Berenstain. Zero doubt.

But then there was two me. Identical accept for some key memories.

Is the me that existed in the former Earth still existing, or has that Earth been zapped in some way including the former me. And are the people that have no memories of the other Earth, just don't remember the former Earth because their consciousness has never moved?

Yes, I know I sound crazy. But I don't care. I am trying to understand something extremely strange.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Yes, I know I sound crazy. But I don't care. I am trying to understand something extremely strange.

Or fabricate a mystery.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The ME. An imaginary effect with the causation lying within the imagination.
Nothing more

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
you felt compelled to write this?

are you asking yourself or others for how you feel?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I remember womerns used to have three boobies.
I laid off the party liquor and the dimensions shifted on me.
Now they ain't got but two and there ain't so many with purty faces.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I didn't even see this before I posted on Board Business.

They just keep on coming.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I didn't even see this before I posted on Board Business.

They just keep on coming.

Yeah.They just sneak right up on you and POW! you're in an alternate universe.

edit on 2-8-2016 by Tindalos2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Wow. They really come out to flame any mention of Mandela effect here. But there is some undeniable, in my opinion, evidence. The biggest one is dolly in moonraker not having braces, when clearly the scene was written for her having them, and written descriptions of the character and scene mention braces....and parodies of the scene which involve braces. C3PO having a silver leg boggles my mind, as I grew up with that film, and what, just never noticed? Doubtful. Ford logo looks very strange, and I drove a Ford for many years. Why would it look out of place to me if it was the same as I always knew it. Sally field saying you like me, right now you like me, and that has been redone as you like me you really like me in TV, movies, you name it. So what, people decide to make a parody of something someone never said....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Australia is really close to papua new guinea, you could row it on a good day if you were keen.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Don't worry OP, the next Slide will take you home.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I don't really buy into the Mandela affect but as this is skunk works i will humour the premise. As the brain effectively "fires" on electrical interactions, and since electrics can be affected by magnetism, is there some magnetic force currently sending eveyone mental?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

I agree with your sentiment concerning the flaming which goes on in any thread where Mandela Effect is the topic, or is brought up in the course of discussions. It's totally out of order really, because of the huge number of people reporting the strange effects/ changes, it can't simply be a faulty memory issue, because many of the experiencers (not 'believers', which sounds like describing cultists) have memories with firm extra context, for example remembering a discussion of a certain black man (Eli Whitney) who now turns out to be white. The conversation was fixed in the experiencer's mind because EW was used as an example of a well known, successful black man from history, and this context was fixed when the racism conversation took place (when the experiencer was a child).

I have experienced many, many personal Mandela Effects, and I will never believe the naysayers/ trolls who patronise, disparage & insult us for explaining our experiences. I believe it's a metaphysical matter really; with knowledge that Time is an artifact of human/ biological perception, we can consider different effects which might occur due to quantum randomness, to the effect of the 'many worlds' theory, and so on. We could consider that Time is malleable, and that in some way a sort of 'virus' entered the quantum stream of history, causing various things to be misrepresented in the present. That last one would be an ultraterrestrial feat to be sure, but perhaps it is a possibility.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BadBoYeed
The biggest one is dolly in moonraker not having braces, when clearly the scene was written for her having them, and written descriptions of the character and scene mention braces....and parodies of the scene which involve braces. C3PO having a silver leg boggles my mind, as I grew up with that film, and what, just never noticed? Doubtful.

Exactly, there is no possible way that you could be wrong.
You are right and the entire universe around you must be wrong.

Or maybe it's time travel, or different dimensions, or aliens, or CERN.

The only thing we can be 100% sure of is your infallibility.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
I agree with your sentiment concerning the flaming which goes on in any thread where Mandela Effect is the topic, or is brought up in the course of discussions. It's totally out of order really, because of the huge number of people reporting the strange effects/ changes, it can't simply be a faulty memory issue, because many of the experiencers (not 'believers', which sounds like describing cultists) have memories with firm extra context, for example remembering a discussion of a certain black man (Eli Whitney) who now turns out to be white. The conversation was fixed in the experiencer's mind because EW was used as an example of a well known, successful black man from history, and this context was fixed when the racism conversation took place (when the experiencer was a child).

I have experienced many, many personal Mandela Effects, and I will never believe the naysayers/ trolls who patronise, disparage & insult us for explaining our experiences. I believe it's a metaphysical matter really; with knowledge that Time is an artifact of human/ biological perception, we can consider different effects which might occur due to quantum randomness, to the effect of the 'many worlds' theory, and so on. We could consider that Time is malleable, and that in some way a sort of 'virus' entered the quantum stream of history, causing various things to be misrepresented in the present. That last one would be an ultraterrestrial feat to be sure, but perhaps it is a possibility.

I think the problem is everyone thinking they have superpowers when all they are doing is showing they are human and are prone to mistakes. And not even special mistakes, just common mistakes that many common people make.

The Mandela Effect is interesting, but only how it reflects on peoples thinking.

Why some will happily accept it as their own error whilst others assume they are Neo and can see through the matrix is something that definitely requires more research.

In the meantime however, ridiculous ideas need to be ridiculed.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

We could consider that Time is malleable, and that in some way a sort of 'virus' entered the quantum stream of history, causing various things to be misrepresented in the present.

Yeah, like an AI virus.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

They call that the Budweiser effect.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I continue to be fascinated by the proliferation of these threads here (and elsewhere) lately. What is it that makes people think that minor forgotten events from pop culture and various other loosely hung together false memories symbolize some sort of dimensional time slip? Is it the fact that people refuse to believe they may have false remembrances of things from the past?

This Mandela effect business is seemingly a refusal to believe that ones own learning or memory is incorrect, instead it becomes a dimensional shift multiverse featuring children's' authors, bible verses, and dead statesmen.

In truth our memory can be very selective and subjective..or to quote William S. Burroughs "The past is all fiction."
edit on 2-8-2016 by waverlyhills because: A forgottenword and a few other bits of grammatical minutia

new topics

top topics

join