It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Khantroversy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Possibly but the problem is that they can be very destructive sometimes. They are always making sure they have a way out even if others don't. They have a mindset which is Go big or Go home, which can be great sometimes but not others. They will either be going home as champion or in dead last because they will bet it all and score big time or lose it all.

Now when it's their life or money that they're dealing with that's one thing. But as a leader of a nation you have to think of your own people too and not play with their lives like it's no big deal. He may want to make good on some of his promises but in what order and who takes priority???

Once he's in he has no problem telling people BS right to their faces and going on doing what he's doing. He's also surrounding himself with a bunch of slimy f*cking lying bastards too. I mean the real scum double crossing dirt bags of politics and business. I don't like the people he's choosing so far that speak for him and run his campaign. What do you think of those people because they make me want to shower after hearing them speak. For one they all look and act like mid level mob henchmen. None of them come across as even decent people at all. I wouldn't ever have one of them over to my home or meet my family if you know what I mean.

But I guess that's also politics too. I don't know too many political talking heads who aren't complete sh*t heals anywhere else either.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lies to the Clinton foundation.
Lies to Saudi Arabia

Immigration???

Breitbart came up with all those lies.

It's all bull#e. Lies they came up with to try to take the heat off of trump. It's not working.
Msm is calling them out.
L I E S. L I E S. L I E S
JUST LIKE TRUMP. LIES ALL DAY LIES ALL NIGHT

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Did you even hear his speech? Here is a transcript: Transc ript of Khan's speech

Tonight we are honoured to stand here as parents of Captain Humayun Khan and as patriotic American Muslims - with undivided loyalty to our country.

Like many immigrants, we came to this country empty-handed. We believed in American democracy; that with hard work and goodness of this country, we could share in and contribute to its blessings.

We are blessed to raise our three sons in a nation where they were free to be themselves and follow their dreams. Our son, Humayun, had dreams too, of being a military lawyer, but he put those dreams aside the day he sacrificed his life to save the lives of his fellow soldiers. Hillary Clinton was right when she called my son 'the best of America'.

If it was up to Donald Trump, he never would have been in America. Donald Trump consistently smears the character of Muslims. He disrespects other minorities; women; judges; even his own party leadership.

He vows to build walls, and ban us from this country. Donald Trump, you're asking Americans to trust you with their future.

Let me ask you: have you even read the United States constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy. [he pulls it out] In this document, look for the words 'liberty' and 'equal protection of law'.

Have you ever been to Arlington Cemetery? Go look at the graves of brave patriots who died defending the United States of America.

You will see all faiths, genders and ethnicities. You have sacrificed nothing and no one.

We cannot solve our problems by building walls, sowing division. We are stronger together. And we will keep getting stronger when Hillary Clinton becomes our President.

In conclusion, I ask every patriot American, all Muslim immigrants, and all immigrants to not take this election lightly.

This is a historic election, and I request to honour the sacrifice of my son - and on election day, take the time to get out and vote.

And vote for the healer. vote for the strongest, most qualified candidate, Hillary Clinton, not the divider. God bless you, thank you.

The first mentioning of Mr. Trump was when he spoke of his son being an immigrant. He did not blame Mr. Trump for the loss of his son's life.

Your source was a faulty and untrustworthy source in my opinion. They provided you with a nice picture, a quick text and handy fact-bits (which came to a wrong conclusion).

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer
a reply to: Willtell

You may not have noticed, but Trump is running a very successful campaign and may well win the presidency. Must be doing something right. And just because you can't see the logic in it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

His comments are only reflecting what most of us think but don't dare say when we see a muslim man walking down the street with his wife trailing 30 feet behind carrying the grocery bags like a donkey. It's about time someone stood up and had the balls to speak out against this backwards culture spilling into our society without any intention to assimilate.

soulwaxer

Winning a campaign doesn't mean that he's right. Politics is a game of emotions that hides behind the shield of claiming logical conclusions. Trump has been wrong on literally everything he has said in this campaign, and some absurd number of things he says (I think it's 98%) are simply factually inaccurate. All of that is irrelevant though, because it's about emotion. If you say things in a way that fires people up, they support you. The public also has less of a memory than a goldfish, you don't have to be right on something, or anything for that matter. You just need to express opinions and have media coverage, that's all politics is... and Trump is dominating media coverage. Facts are for closed door decisions out of the public eye.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Yes, having a President who won't take crap, and tells it like it is, is exactly what America needs. Trump just needs to explain himself when he hurls out accusations, instead of having his backers do it for him.

What makes you think he's telling it like it is? He's giving his opinion from how he sees things, but he's a billionaire oligarch, what makes you think he has even the slightest idea of how things are? He has basically zero knowledge of government operations, foreign, or domestic policy. He has uninformed opinions. That's not saying how something is, that's saying how backwards things appear from being on the outside.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

The question remains why Trump singled out Khizr Khan, the Father of the slain Iraqi war-hero veteran thereby drawing almost universal, bi-partisan condemnation?

He did not. Khan singled him out by going on stage and attacking him.

That cardinal rule is ridiculous - the second you let your voice be heard publicly (in a context like this), you should be no more untouchable than anyone else. As long as you untouchable, you should not go on the offense like this man did - attacking someone that are not allowed defend himself is an act of cowardice and disgraces the good soldier's name.

Shameful.

He should have the class to go out and say "No no, it is alright, I drew first, normal rules apply - blame Trump for being a dick, not for touching an untouchable". You cannot play the victim card when you are the one that initiates the barrage.

edit on 2-8-2016 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

That cardinal rule is ridiculous - the second you let your voice be heard publicly (in a context like this), you should be no more untouchable than anyone else. As long as you untouchable, you should not go on the offense like this man did - attacking someone that are not allowed defend himself is an act of cowardice and disgraces the good soldier's name.

Shameful.

He should have the class to go out and say "No no, it is alright, I drew first, normal rules apply - blame Trump for being a dick, not for touching an untouchable". You cannot play the victim card when you are the one that initiates the barrage.

Politics means listening to people criticize you, while having to muzzle your own opinions. It's a double standard, but double standards are common in life, particularly in international affairs. Trumps response here proves he doesn't have what it takes to handle politics.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

The question remains why Trump singled out Khizr Khan, the Father of the slain Iraqi war-hero veteran thereby drawing almost universal, bi-partisan condemnation?

In a normal world that makes complete sense. That has not however been the case for a few years now. They knew the fallout that would happen upon Trump should he rebut, which he did, and we are seeing.

Pulling out miniscule percentages of the American population to fault political platforms is dull and dangerous.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Shameful.

Politics means listening to people criticize you, while having to muzzle your own opinions. It's a double standard, but double standards are common in life, particularly in international affairs. Trumps response here proves he doesn't have what it takes to handle politics.

Sure, but when you enter the stage at the Democratic National Convention, YOU are in politics and susceptible to said standards.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

In a normal world that makes complete sense. That has not however been the case for a few years now. They knew the fallout that would happen upon Trump should he rebut, which he did, and we are seeing.

Pulling out miniscule percentages of the American population to fault political platforms is dull and dangerous.

I wholeheartedly agree.
(And I do think it was a smart move by the DNC.)

I am just sort of annoyed about this notion of "untouchable untouchability".

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

It took me a while to figure out Trump but I finally understand. He's spent his whole life in New York. If you have ever met a New yorker they have no problem telling you what they feel or think on anything. What many see as rude and brash is just normal for a New Yorker. I'll say this New Yorkers are straight forward if they don't like something they will tell you why and won't be politically correct about it.

I spent a year there and he so reminds me of the people I met there. Like I remember thinking when listening to Howard Stern on thr radio only in New York could he reman in the radio. New Yorkers pride themselves on being able to attack others. This is why Donald said he attacks me on stage but I can't defend myself. That's a New Yorker if I ever heard one.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Sure, but when you enter the stage at the Democratic National Convention, YOU are in politics and susceptible to said standards.

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone. Depending on the situation however, tact is required. Lets apply Trumps reaction here to a real world situation that actually matters such as the Iranian Nuclear Deal. Lets say Trump were President for that. We already know he would go along with it, because the US played almost no role in the negotiation, it was the other powers that held all the negotiating power. What would Trump do when one side is saying lots of nasty stuff about the work being done, and the other side is gloating to those people. Would Trump simply sabotage the negotiations and walk away? That's a losing proposition. Would he leak secret information to defend his stance? The Iranians would walk away. Would he sit there and take the criticism knowing he couldn't say anything? Or, would he lash out against his own people, attack them, and defend himself... essentially siding with the enemy for the sake of his ego?

I have zero confidence in Trumps ability to handle these situations. His go to defense mechanism is to make up a bunch of untrue information to defend his unrevealed policy. I don't want a leader that lies to me just because they're concerned about winning an argument.

Trump has no ability to simply sit and listen to criticism, and this is nothing new. Remember the primary debates when everyone focused on him? Trump responded to literally every single thing. He has no concept of how to let things go, and he has no tact when he does argue. He comes off as a mentally unhinged lunatic who is obsessed with portraying an image because reality isn't satisfying enough. Then again, for someone whose personal brand in business is in being a larger than life figure I shouldn't really be surprised.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Was that reply meant for me?

There seems to be no real link between the prior posts/the snippet you quote and your post itself.

Note, I am not saying that you are wrong, but it is just not relevant to the discussion about whether or not Khan should remain untouchable when he enters politics.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Left/right/left/right/left/right

When will you binary brained Americans wake up and realize poor form is just poor form.

But blah blah blah trump blah blah blah blah hillary blah blah blah the left blah blah blah blah the right,

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Meanwhile it's been perfectly acceptable for the media Democrats and their followers to trash and attacked the mother of the soldier who died in Benghazi.

All of this is nothing more than a reason for the media to ignore the DNC email scandal.
edit on 2-8-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree, but an Idiot, no, I think he was a very well paid idiot, after all those linked to the Clinton foundation are rewarded handsomely.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't know about him braking anything that has not been broken in this nation already by the career politicians, they have done enough damage to this nation already, don't you think?

What you think career politicians do in a daily bases, painting unicorns for the population to believe they exist while screwing the nation with useless policies that benefits anybody else around the world but the tax payers and voters in the a nation.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That is the only tactic the GOP has left to win with.

The tearing down of US institutions, their economic policies, "spreading democracy" over there while letting it die here, oppressing women's legal health decisions, for profit only health care, mass deportations, are rejected by most americans. And trying to convince people that emails are more important than these terrible laws as above, is going to fail too. I think Trump knows that. He would rather act like a high school tit for tat, than take the high road. No publicity in that.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Perfect analysis of this broken situation. I have called Trump a Clinton shill for a long time and will till the end. The sad part is that Clinton supporters will call you a bigot, cause you are not outraged over an idiotic opinion, and Trump supporters call you an idiot, for not blindly agreeing with everything Trump says, which leaves very few of us here looking to address issues and provide answers.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

What you think career politicians do in a daily bases, painting unicorns for the population to believe they exist while screwing the nation with useless policies that benefits anybody else around the world but the tax payers and voters in the a nation.

Exactly right. They string along the producers in this country with just enough lofty rhetoric so that the producers will keep paying for the programs that will ultimately transform them into nothing but serfs.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join