It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God should judge it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

What the Hell are you talking about? There is a such thing as righteous anger, and I give a simple example of something that should make any righteous man angry. If there was no such thing as righteous anger then Jesus sinned when He drove out the money changers. The Bible says it's a sin to be angry WITHOUT CAUSE, and not to go to bed with that anger.

"In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, - Ephesians 4:26

edit on 8 3 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: randyvs
This world totally sucks except for that which still exists that God made good. Prophecy distinctly indicates that God is going to deal with this rigid existence that has been systematically applied to man by man manipulated. And I hope he does. Soon.
]

Isnt wrath a sin?

Depends if it's righteous wrath or unrighteous wrath. If you saw a woman being raped in an alley and went into a rage to stop the assault that would be righteous anger/wrath.

So there is a time and place for each deadly sin to do some good? Is there a righteous envy too? Or a righteous pride? Maybe righteous sloth? Seems to be a lot of that in recent centuries.
edit on 3-8-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Dp
edit on 3-8-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I don't think righteous wrath/anger is a sin, it can be if the person doesn't end it quickly. The precedent I showed above is that we shouldn't let the sun go down in our anger (for a just cause as Jesus said). To me that means if we don't release the anger after the righteous situation that warrants it is over with.

There are horrible things that happen in this world we live in, and if they don't make a righteous man angry then there is something wrong. Especially abuse to women or children.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I don't think righteous wrath/anger is a sin, it can be if the person doesn't end it quickly. The precedent I showed above is that we shouldn't let the sun go down in our anger (for a just cause as Jesus said). To me that means if we don't release the anger after the righteous situation that warrants it is over with.

There are horrible things that happen in this world we live in, and if they don't make a righteous man angry then there is something wrong. Especially abuse to women or children.

My point is that there are circumstances where each of the sins may arguably be a reasonable response. This implies that the nature of sin lies more in the convenience of authority than in the moral depravity. Convenience, which is conveniently the heart of this thread as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
There is far more good that happens in this world than bad, we only get the bad news shoved down our throats by the media in order to spread negativity. Love is still here, the vast majority are good people who treat others as they would want to be treated, don't let the constant negative news (which only represents a tiny sliver of everything happening) get to you, focus on the people around you and you'll see that the world isn't as bad as the news makes it out to be.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Well, I'm a Christian so in my life Jesus defines what is sin and what isn't, and He said not to be angry with someone without cause. And He was without sin, yet the Bible records Him angry several times for righteous reasons. He overturned the money changer tables, and had some pretty intense arguments with the Pharisees.

I actually think it's immoral and cowardly to see people being hurt in front of you and you do nothing about it or are indifferent to it.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

NOTurTypical: What the Hell are you talking about? There is a such thing as righteous anger, and I give a simple example of something that should make any righteous man angry.

I have no concept of Hell, (your belief system working well) as fear mongering applied to OTHERS. There is no such thing a righteous anger; if one is NOT of the DOGMATIC NATURE. You are an angry Righteous Man. What are you so angry about? I have no dogma/belief system; I feel for your confusion.

NOTur: If there was no such thing as righteous anger then Jesus sinned when He drove out the money changers. The Bible says it's a sin to be angry WITHOUT CAUSE, and not to go to bed with that anger.

Jesus was not about the business of being an exchequer. Tell me how Jesus and Paul got together to collude or form Christianity....decades apart in life...never having met and all. Paul invented it.

NOTyur:
"In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, - Ephesians 4:26

Is this the fairy tale you espouse to quell a certain truth?
edit on 3-8-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Well, I'm a Christian so in my life Jesus defines what is sin and what isn't, and He said not to be angry with someone without cause. And He was without sin, yet the Bible records Him angry several times for righteous reasons. He overturned the money changer tables, and had some pretty intense arguments with the Pharisees.

I actually think it's immoral and cowardly to see people being hurt in front of you and you do nothing about it or are indifferent to it.

Jesus did not define SIN. He was against any definitions regarding any judgement/classifications of OTHERS.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: randyvs
This world totally sucks except for that which still exists that God made good. Prophecy distinctly indicates that God is going to deal with this rigid existence that has been systematically applied to man by man manipulated. And I hope he does. Soon.
]
What? You don't like the world your god made for you? It isn't good enough? You want god to come back and kill everyone to make you happy? What a twisted #!! Why are the most outspoken christians on this site so full of doom and anger? Why do you hate the world so much? You'd think being able to speak to god on the daily, and being his special snowflake would make you happy? But nah.... That's not enough. You gotta kill everyone who disagrees with you, cuz your having a bad day. Holy #in hell man!!!! Get your head out of your ass!!!

Because Christianity trains people to look happy all the time but it is not true happiness, false promises and false happiness. What person who considers themself "saved" could be happy knowing that hell awaits the rest of the world and not be a little insane? Happiness will elude such a person so they take comfort in encouraging persecution so they can say they withstood it for "the faith."

The religion teaches nothing. $$$$$ is why it exists. "Knowledge puffs up" so just have faith and "love your neighbor*"

* If he/she is a Christian too.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Depends if it's righteous wrath or unrighteous wrath. If you saw a woman being raped in an alley and went into a rage to stop the assault that would be righteous anger/wrath.

God is supposed to know and see everything.

How many rapes has he prevented?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I don't think righteous wrath/anger is a sin, it

Wrath/anger? Two different things and when you use them as you did you are saying that they are (at least in the instance you use it) the same thing. Otherwise and would have been used instead of / which means that you are lumping them together as one thing.

Anger is natural and not righteous, just human. Some people don't show anger and don't indulge in wrath which is the most unrighteous thing. Anger and wrath might be cause and effect sometimes but it's NEVER RIGHTEOUS.

can be if the person doesn't end it quickly. The precedent I showed above is that we shouldn't let the sun go down in our anger (for a just cause as Jesus said). To me that means if we don't release the anger after the righteous situation that warrants it is over with.

That I can agree with even the atheist gets angry about those things and only the sociopath can endure knowledge of injustice without becoming angry or another appropriate emotion.

Wrath is what war is, one group wants what the other has and the politicians and media spread lies to justify war, the wrath of the mighty and greedy.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think some need to cheer up and or open their eyes there is loads of good in the world much more than bad.
Just look around I see it everyday.
People are more good than bad because of social evolution we have to get on with each other more than not otherwise we wouldn't be here.
I'm mean we are the lucky ones also arn't we.
Or do some good yourself the change starts with each of us to make things better.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Muffenstuff

The Greek word "orgizo" means anger/wroth. And that's the word Matthew uses in chapter 5 verse 22. My point through all this, is Jesus says not to be angry/wroth without a cause, and I used the example of His righteous anger at the temple with the money changers. Basically, a "righteous anger" is being angry at the things God is angry at. Paul does say not to take that anger to bed, which isn't literal, it means in essence don't carry it with you for any amount of time, it'll hurt you spiritually.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

God is supposed to know and see everything.

How many rapes has he prevented?

He created man sovereign over their lives, and Satan is ruler of this world. Now, if a society becomes thouroghly wicked like the Caananites He will judge them, but even then He is very patient and it took over 400 years of extreme wickedness before He said "That's it, your cup of iniquity is full."

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Nobody put Satan in charge of the world he says it in the Gospels but is lying. When God says Satan's in charge of the world in the Bible you let me know. Not a chance God would put Satan of the book of Job in charge of the world and in the Old Testament book of Isaiah he claims total responsibility for good and evil and causing it. Clear as day he says "I, Yahweh do all these things." after the good and evil comment.

Having total control of the world he is Satan's boss and if he did put him in charge it would not reduce his Omniscience he would know everything Satan did and rubber stamp it like he did in Job.

Satan and Jesus both planned and carried out the crucifixion. Satan possessed Judas because obviously he was having second thoughts and at the last moment stepped in to assist God's plan.

If you believe your sins are forgiven by the success of God's plan of salvation on the cross with the death of Jesus then you owe Satan a pretty big thanks. Judas not betraying Jesus would have been a failure as it was predicted by Jesus who can not be made a liar.

Now if Satan was involved in plot foiling against God why the heck would he help? You need a dead Jesus to have a ressurected and ascended Jesus. Failure would be catastrophic and Satan made sure of success.

If the Son of Man needed tempting to resist sin then of course the guy God created to tempt people is gonna do it. Perfection was attained through the assistance of Satan making worthiness complete.

Jesus knew Satan didn't own the world but he had permission to grant Jesus the world so he could refuse and Satan went away after 40 days of temptation when his role was completed. He is not angry at all really.

Jesus uses Satan as a point of teaching but they are not enemies just different in role. Satan can tempt, that is his power. He doesn't need to possess anyone but if he did it would be God's idea and Satan like an arm that can do what the leg can't.

Free will is the reason evil exists. Ease of corruption and greed. Mental illness that can't be treated like sociopathy is a big problem because free will - a conscience is a constant in the world of power and money, influence and the religions.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Ah, the 'ole good cop bad cop routine.

God creates the largest stumbling blocks for man.

The narrative doesn't make any sense.

But I guess he is beyond judgement so he can do no wrong.

Hey, he regretted making man, hence the flood...

Maybe one day he will regret being a hypocritical tyrant too.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Does the teaching of scripture and of Christ agree with your sentiment?

Christ NEVER taught his disciples to defend themselves or anyone else.
The only thing he did teach, is when under persecution they should flee.

The natural man does not understand Christ teaching, and does not have
Christ spirit to TURN THE OTHER CHEEK, so it's natural for the natural man
to defend themselves against evil.

But Christ never taught his disciples to defend themselves or war with their enemies.

Matt 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Matt 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

edit on 8/6/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

I'm not talking about self-defense, I never event said anything about it.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Muffenstuff

Satan wasn't lying in the gospels, it would not have been a temptation of Christ in the wilderness if Satan didn't have the authority to give Christ all the kingdoms of the world if He would worship Him.

It's not a temptation if I offer you to own the moon, I don't own it to give to you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join