It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will It Ever End? (A Poem about Chronic Pain)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I am finding it harder,
to take it any more.
Rowing towards the beach,
I am pushed away from the shore.

I have tried to take pills,
to make all the pains stall.
To help Myself move forward,
but am once again against a wall.

The more pills I try,
the worse everything gets.
Now there is a hole in My boat,
sinking further, getting wet.

I find I May never,
get Myself to the shore.
I feel I just can't take,
all the pain any more.

There is one Who would help Me,
deal with My daily ails.
But in Her eyes now,
I am only one big fail.

Will all of this ever end?,
I ask My self all the time.
I only want a normal life,
one filled with good times.

I fleetingly try to hold onto,
a Dream that barely exists.
Where I find an answer,
an ending to all of this...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Amazing writing. Pain sucks and the pills draw you in! I know because I have been there with another pain!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Thanx Bro. I know right?
I wrote this as I know there are a lot Who will associate themselves to this,
and can appreciate these words.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Nice. I experienced a nerve issue about a year ago. After the excruciating pain dissipated (try not sleeping for seven weeks), I was left with chronic pain.

I've dealt with the teefies (root canals galore), a greenstick fracture, a spiral fracture, untreated acid reflux that lead to an ulcer that I left untreated until it couldn't go untreated anymore ... and skin cancer.

You get used to it. But brother, chronic pain sucks ... and your words show it.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

What You have had to deal with SUCKS! Thank You for sharing that here though...
I'm glad My words made sense...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Nice poem, but have you tried an anti inflammatory diet? it works for people that the pain is related no to physical damage due to accidents or surgeries but maladies like RA, arthritis, and Fibromyalgia.

Pain sucks, I know I have shoulder surgery in both of them, it will never be the same.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I was addicted to adderall for many years and I flushed my love away one day. She was my life. My doctor got me hooked and kept raising my doses. I left both of them. It was very hard but I made it! Love this poem!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Thanx. I take ibuprofen and am on Gabapentin 600 mg's, 3 x daily for the anti inflammatory. Those with Norco 10/325 and Tramadol 50mg's Helps. But My pains are not really from swelling. Well some, but more from Bi-Lateral Stenosis and permanent nerve damage...
Thank You for Your suggestion! I appreciate it!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Wow Bro! Tough deal. I wonder some times if Doctors know that they are creating addicts. Just makes Me wonder...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Mike, you & Cindi are NEVER alone in this. If I'm not logged in you guys know how to reach me as I know you can with other members also.

Chronic pain is a thief that steals life before it is even realized. I hope that you can find some relief.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Hey is worth trying, I mean changing your diet to a clean diet, eliminating anything that is not organic, specially the GMOs and gluten.

I hope you get better, when is a will is a way.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

After 20 years of constant pain and every kind of narcotic (6 years on dilaudid), marijuana helped when nothing else would. Try this if you haven't already.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown
Yep I have to talk to My doc about that.
It helped Me when I was growing up.
Had back pain all my life, and in My teens I used that.
It helped a lot actually come to think about it!! Thanx!!

a reply to: marg6043
Yes You are right it is worth trying.
I have been on pills for like 16 years or so now,
so anything is worth trying!! Thanx.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
That's my life, too. Many, many ailments with too many pills-that's all doctors do these days. I would like to try marijuana but don't know how to get it being in the deep redneck south. I have lived this way for over 20 years and know so many who deal with constant severe pain and can't take anything to help.
Too many deal with pain in silence because we know others get tired of hearing about it-but just to share, I hear you and I understand.
Beautifully written. Best wishes.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Love the poem, Syx and can completely empathize and sympathize with you.

Chronic pain is no joke. I've been on opiates for like 9 yearsish. It is brutal, not only having to deal with the pain but also being dependent on a pill to make you feel normal. Chronic pain is something that others can't see, lots of assumptions and misunderstandings happen.

I'm finally going to be off the opiates and pain free by the end of the year!! In November I'll be having a total hip replacement, so so excited! I was diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis of both hips in 2005 and it's been a constant struggle every day since. My left hip was replaced in 2010 at 32 years old and finally the doctor approved the second one.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
SyxPak

Syx my friend I will echo donk with regards to his suggestion, strongly, in fact. Hopefully you are in a state where that is an option.

Nothing can keep a dragon down, bro.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Martin75
"Chronic pain is a thief that steals life before it is even realized." You got that right Jess!! Good way of putting it!

And Thanx for the offer for contact. I appreciate that!

Justso
Thank You for Your reply here, and for sharing that about Yourself! I know many suffer quietly, and it does show on some people just by looking at them. It is a sad fact of this life... I'm getting the forehead furrow of pain too! Alas. Such is life!?

Jennyfrenzy
Hi Jenny! Good to see You again! I ma sorry to see all that You have gone through. I do hope Your upcoming surgeries help and that it will be the last time You need meds! That's great!! I wish You the best of Good luck!

CagliostroTheGreat
Hello My Magical Feline Friend! Good to see You!

Yah, Illinois is a Medical Weed State, and as I mentioned to someone up the page, I am going to talk to My Doc about that!!
As far as nothing keeping a Dragon down, I sure do have some things working on just that!
(Damned Pixies anyway!!) LOL!!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I know what you mean, well not about the pills but the pain. Chronic pain sucks. It sucks worse when people think you're faking it. Hang in there.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

It's the worst when people think you're faking it! It's like, come on man! You can't see pain! I've been screamed at too many times to count for parking in disabled parking spots, with my placard in place and everything. This crazy lady cornered me in a doorway to a store, screaming at me for using my 'grandmothers placard', it was unbelievable! Finally had to tell her to call the cops if she's got a problem with someone using their own placard who had a total hip replacement 2 months prior. Never realized there is an age requirement for being disabled, weird. It's hard not only dealing with the pain but also dealing with people's assumptions.

You hang in there too!

Thanks, Syx!
edit on 2-8-2016 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
I hear "Why don't you get a job. You're just faking it." Or "What the hell are you hurting so bad for? You didn't do anything." Like I have to do anything to hurt. Or my favorite, when I mentioned wanting to get on disability, "There's not a thing wrong with you." Dude must be a doctor with diagnostic equipment for eyes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join