It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another picture into a painting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The journey of life is like a man riding a bicycle. We know he got on the bicycle and started to move. We know that at some point he will stop and get off. We know that if he stops moving and does not get off he will fall off.

edit on 201681 by tikbalang because: Edit: This is a picture turned into a painting with software

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Nice painting!

Reminds me of that Albert Hoffman story where he accidentally ingested '___' and went for a bike ride.

Excuse me '____' I meant lysergic acid diethylamide
edit on 1-8-2016 by myartisstrong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

What software did you use?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Prisma

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

So this was a digital painting? Done with a tablet? I'm not familiar with Prisma. I used to use photoshop back when they first programmed the setting for pressure sensitive brushes. I can't remember the name of the other one that was popular at the time, Corel Draw?

edit: Or no I think it was Painter 7. I miss my wacom tablet.
edit on 8/1/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I had no idea you could do this with software...so behind am I. I would like to know what software as well.

I am impressed.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It would be impressive if it were an actual painting.
Putting a photo through a digital filter is not painting.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
It's not a painting. I wouldn't consider it a digital painting either and I think this should be clearly stated with every post else I see it as deceiving. People will be giving stars assuming you have painted this.

It is a cool effect and does look great and I'd happily stick it on my wall regardless of how it was created.

Was it your own photo?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick

He has done a few of these posts now; in the first one he spoke in-depth of how he did it, he mentioned it again in the second one, and in this one at the bottom of his post says "This is a picture turned into a painting with software" and said in the comments that he uses Prisma.

There is no deception.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

I think it's obvious from the other comments that people have missed the small print. I saw the other threads about this process but I still believe every new post should be clear.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I think what you're doing is great! After all, why not use the tools that we're given? If the old Masters had a camera or software, we may have had very different results from them as well.

Your talent lies in your perception. You have a great sense of composition and color.

Just the fact that you're doing this for yourself is something that stirs me. I've been planning on making artwork for my home for awhile now, but the thought of buying all the paint and materials and then going through the motions and mistakes to get the result I want stops me. You've skipped all the hassle and went straight to getting what you want on your walls using what's out there and I admire that.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

That is very nice--I really like the colors, as they have a surreal feel but could also be very close to being accurate, depending on the time of day. The line/stroke quality is very nice--nothing it quite straight or true, and I appreciate that, because it's something that is very hard for me to accomplish in my drawings.

ETA: I missed the fine print--still, it's a cool effect and a good job. It fooled me...but sometimes it's the end product that we seek and not necessarily the journey or process.

a reply to: ColdWisdom

Yeah, Wacom tablets are sweet. My office (I'm a graphic designer) just ordered the 27" QHD Cintiq Display, and I can't wait to play with it! I currently use a regular tablet now, though, and I may find that I prefer it, but who knows. I don't create fine art at work too often, so I think my time on it may be relatively limited.

edit on 2-8-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I need to start posting more paintings soon too!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This is a cool effect, Prisma does pretty interesting outcomes. I like using Deepart myself since it has this nice way of using the 2nd image as a flavor for the first, and since Im an artist I can create these really relevant looking portraits using this tool and my own original art and photo.

But yes it's not as impressive as a real painting, but you could consider it inspiring enough to want to do the real thing

new topics

top topics

join