It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Threatens Australia Twice in Days with Destruction

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: bally001

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: paraphi

Stop trying to derail the discussion.

Focus on the topic, not members.

This is not about the US, or NATO. It's about China and Australia.

Australia. and US are both members of NATO.

Aussie isn't a member of NATO.

Apr 7, 2016 - NATO and Australia are currently strengthening relations to address shared security challenges, building on dialogue and cooperation that have been developing since 2005. Australia is one of the top non-NATO troop contributors NATO-led operations in Afghanistan.

While we support NATO we are nowhere near the North Atlantic.

Kind regards,

Bally

Blah blah, your non linked info is from the dragons mouth, NATO website... i.e., Australia is NATO.

NATO

Australia is a not a part of NATO, they are a NATO partner like Sweden, Finland, the rest of the EU, Columbia, Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Afghanistan, Iraq, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Mongolia, New Zealand, Pakistan and the African Union. NATO has 28 (soon to be 29) members and about 40 partner nations who are not covered by treaty but, work along side NATO. Russia was also one of those nations until the Crimea invasion.

So not in NATO. Friendly to NATO. Treaty wise they are tied to the US, NZ, UK, Malaysia, Singapore through ANZUS and the Five Power Defense Arrangement.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

So if they wanted nz what or who would stop them. I'm not eating Chinese anymore, or their food

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The invasion has been going on quietly for some time with China corporations buying up land and assets in Oz. We are highly prized for clean quality produce and minerals so they wouldn't be too keen to destroy those assets and associated infrastructure with a military invasion when they can simply buy the country one property at a time. They're already into everything here like agriculture, industry, energy, mining etc etc

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

So true,check out New Zealands housing crisis and how many properties were bought by chinese. My grandfather said before he died the yellow man will rule the world,I'm starting to think he wasn't so silly. They come here for our cheap education and take their skills elsewhere. Our pm is a dogs knob.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Can't blame China for taking advantage the way they have
If there's a problem it comes back to the high level local decisions that allowed them to do it. Their money talks just as loudly as anyone else's.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

True, hence the comment about our prime minister, he is a banker,nz is his little business to the detriment of its inhabitants. Search John key for yourself. For instance, we have been nuclear free for 40 years and now he has invited a US ship to visit next year. Bird in the hand is worth ...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: mazzroth

If Australia gets smaked as stated by China we should blame noone but our so called leaders in Canberra. Its they who agree to being a vassal state of the US and will do anything the US instructs them to do.

This in turn, really means that if this happens its our own fault because we the people are supposed to be boss not the servant government in Canberra who has agreed to be a dog for the US.

A long time ago I watched a doco on TV wherein an Australian solider was one of many soldiers in a parade being addressed by an Americian Officer. Among other things the American officer said" The Brits have got the Gurkha's and we have the Aussies."

I suggest that arrangement with the US has still not changed. That statement also tells me went to Vietnam because we are a slave state of the US even though its dressed up to look like we're 'friends.'

Being a vassal state of the US is exactly what will cause us to get smacked by China if they smack America over the south china sea. IT WILL BE OUR OWN FAULT !.

You got this backwards the US was enslaved to Australia. Goes back to Anzus a security agreement which Australia used to bind the US military in it required any thing the US govt does in the pacific to include Australia. It also requires the secretary of defense and the head of the pacific fleet to inform ant and all actions taken to Australian Chief of Defence Forces. This was Australia's way of maintain relevance in thr region as well as giving them some control over the Pacific. Not even Nato members get this kind of access to thr US military. It was a very unique treaty. And also the integration of armed forces in the area is again unheard of you will have Australian commanders actually in charge of US personel.

thanks for that, had not heard of that before but I have difficulty accepting that the US would accept such arrangements in the present day. I also seems to me that such strict binding would not be appealing to the US and they would seek to change such an arrangement. If they can get us to sign the TPP they can sure as christ get out of inconvenient treaty.

In any event, history shows we go everywhere the US 'asks' or tells us to go so it will still will be our own fault. We should adopt a much independent foreign policy to that of Washington on China anyway and If we get smacked by China it will be because we are seen as their dog and strongly attached to the US.

Same situation in Europe, Many of these countries are placing themselves at grave risk of being vaporized simply because they allow themselves to used as US military bases.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Thanks for clearing that up Spad.

regards,

Bally

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Technically, right, not a member. You're splitting hairs as disingenuously as NATO does. They call them a 'partner'. Also noted you need to ramp up the perceived hostile intent from China directed towards Australia a part of the US 'excuse' to become more militarily involved in the region. Whatever works, right?? Sell it to someone else. The US is the one way over there thousands of miles from its borders threatening the entire region... i already said it on page one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-8-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

NO ,we leave THAT to the morons Americans elect and the communists, who run China,YOU guys are stuck for the lousy ride.
If someone else wants to run to try to fix things like this, go ahead.
The Hague doesn't HAVE a police force.
edit on 3-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Sure this isn't satire? Sure looks like it? Albeit impossible-to-understand-properly-Chinese satire, but I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'll add my voice to those suggesting that this is just more PRC blowhard rhetoric aimed at their own domestic media.

In reality, China's going through a period of decline, and the real question is whether they're facing a soft or hard landing at the bottom. The amped-up pursuits in the South China Sea and elsewhere are an effort to grab as much as possible while they still possess the illusion of real strength and before the converging economic and environmental issues rock their collective world.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join