It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun stocks surge after another month of record high background checks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Source

This is an important bit of news. We're not talking about gun sales. We're talking about the real stock value of a licensed firearms manufacturer.

Ya know ... these kind'a big MIC companies make their bank off of government sales normally. I'll let you have a moment for that to sink in.

Smith & Wesson's profits increased by 50% from last year and their sales have risen more than 200% since Obama was elected president. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're not heavily engaged in a military conflict, are we? That means the vast majority of this 'change' is being driven by the American consumer.

Seems to me people are preparing for Doomsday. Are you ready for that? History proves that the guy who is unarmed is the guy who gets exploited and dies.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
I think it is buy before the ban. If semi autos get banned again they will probably be grandfathered in. Therefor worth much much more than the original price. I plan on picking up a few just to sell later if that happens. If not I have a couple in case SHTF.

I bought a Ruger AR-556 (Rugers AR-15) about a month ago. While I was there a guy bought 10 AR-15's of various types and another guy got 6. They are dirt cheap right now. Buy cheap sell high.
edit on 1-8-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

I don't see another ban getting through in the POTUS' term. It's possible. I bought a bunch of lowers to supply my lethargic friends with (just in case). What's that say about me? LOL

There's a different smell to this though. Remember the government's big ammo buy and the price surge? Ammo prices keep coming down. Maybe it's anecdotal. Maybe it's something.

If I wanted a civil war ... I'd make damn sure both sides were armed to the teeth and that Hillary was in charge. All I'd have to worry about is making a clean break to my little getaway in kiwi-land.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Over the last couple of years, I think mass shootings and terror attacks have fueled much of it. Germany has seen a sharp rise in people getting pepper spray, stun guns, blank guns, etc. Even people who were formerly anti gun are switching to our side and making their first purchase and taking classes.
With things like Orlando and Dallas, it's a wonder sales aren't higher.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Is the so call Zombie apocalypse, my husband entire working place is caught up on it, my husband order parts for a rifle and is been on back order for over a month.

A lot of delays as people are getting into the frenzy and not my husband and his co workers are not teens or young adults, they are all retired Marines and working with the government.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Germany has seen a sharp rise in people getting pepper spray, stun guns, blank guns, etc.

I used to go shooting with my German co-workers every chance I got. It was cool for Germans to have a gun back then ... and I didn't even realize they had become so restricted these days. A quick Google search turned up an estimated 45 million unregistered firearms and 5 million that are.

As for the other guys vacuuming up guns ... they don't count. They don't know what to do with 'em. You, BTW, got some stars from me in another thread. I'd have never guessed you were thin-to-win. LOL

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Orionx2

I don't see another ban getting through in the POTUS' term. It's possible. I bought a bunch of lowers to supply my lethargic friends with (just in case). What's that say about me? LOL

There's a different smell to this though. Remember the government's big ammo buy and the price surge? Ammo prices keep coming down. Maybe it's anecdotal. Maybe it's something.

If I wanted a civil war ... I'd make damn sure both sides were armed to the teeth and that Hillary was in charge. All I'd have to worry about is making a clean break to my little getaway in kiwi-land.

Doubtful Obama will pass anything. But if Hillary does become President and then appoints a liberal Judge who knows what will go down.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You might have hit on something there. I think it's less of a taboo now than it was a decade ago. Back then it was all a hush-hush thing that you were packing heat and possessed the capability of knocking over an entire wave of zombies by yourself.

It kind of feels a bit like you've gotta keep up with the Joneses, huh?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I am a bit on the edge on this one, because I have not problem with packing, as my husband has done since I met him, heck he even carried a concealed weapon during our weeding in church!!!!!!!!!! I was about to die when I found out.

That was 35 years ago when you could carry arms while traveling outside the US.

Now this zombie apocalypse I find it silly, I thought it was a fun thing for young adults, but even middle age adults are getting in it, the problem is that it cost money spending hundreds of dollars on one weapon just to keep up with like you said the rest of the crowd.

I see it as a waste of money.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

From me to you : it's only a waste of money up until the point where you need to act.

If you don't have the means at your disposal to do so you are just up S# Creek without a paddle.

Making the decision to carry is a heavy responsibility. To do it right, you have to carry all the time. That's too much for many people. They're the ones who are sorriest though, are the ones who get caught with their pants down. They knew better and still they slipped and let the bad guy get the better of them.

If you think you know what the zombie apocalypse is ... PM me.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Now I know what the zombie apocalypse is, trust me, is not what I thought it was, what is been circulating around is just a front, to make people that are getting in it sound like crazy.

But then again, yes my husband and his coworkers make enough money to spend on weapons.

And yes my husband carry his but he can not carry to work due to the location of his work he can carry to the location but will have to leave it at the security station.

It was not like that before 9/11, now if you own one and live inside of the location you can take it to your home but can not carry around within the location.

Funny because you can buy guns at any PX that sells them, but can not carry them within a Military base.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If things do get tits up I'd sooner be shot than be manipulated.

I do know I wouldn't care to be the prepper guy futilely clinging to survival in a post-apocalyptic hellscape.

I'll leave that to the people who have the desire.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I had several but in the last 5 years being out of the states I sold just about everything at sometimes 60% profit. I did have a rare Russian SKS that I sold to a collector who mounted upon a wall in his "man room".. Hated to see that straight shooter go to be honest. My AK had synthetic furniture which lightened it up and looked better than the wooden stock and stuff to me and others. I doubled my money with that weapon.. But if I were to buy one today and have it tricked out like mine was I doubt I could do it for close to the money I sold mine for.

I still have .22, 5.56, and 762x39 ARs in my safe plus some pistols but alas I told my friend to sell them all except for one 9mm I use for CHL in the states.

Not having shot anything for three years plus older by 3 I did manage to go to a range and burn some caps upon my last visit to the states.. Man I used to knock down 6, 4 inch steel plates at 30 yards with the 45 or the 9mm consistently.. Don't think I can do that anymore looking at my shot pattern on paper targets... Kinda hurt my feelings to be honest.. Like we both know, just to carry without practice is not necessarily a recipe for a winning life or death situation...

Just talking to people last time I was in the states IMO the attitudes have hardened more than anything.. Talk is cheap so I don't know what will happen if the great gun grab starts in the states... Either way I will watch from afar and be cheering my side on !! hahahah

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Quite often these things go on a cyclic event, the military decides on a new weapon and as such buys a lot of it then that year they record a very nice profit, for the next few years the numbers don't look as good as all you're doing is selling spares to repair what you've sold.

Obama's been in office for 7ish years so its probably time to refresh a lot of basic weapons anyway and bulk ordering is the cheaper way.

top topics

join