It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MANDELA EFFECT - I just discovered a jaw dropping change

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BLee8127
Hmph. I always thought Mars was like 3/4 the size of Earth. I guess I was wrong.

same here!

and also the milky way spiral arm looks different now...you can see a freaking arch now omg

and we were not this close to the black hole :

also my pulse was not taking from up here but in the middle slightly down :

but here :

also this is not the North Pole I know :

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I too am having a Mandela Effect with Mars. I seriously don't remember Mars being smaller, either. But I have proof. Scroll down if you want to be shocked.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: heineken
Assuming you have not actually been to Mars, your knowledge of the planet's size is based on what you were taught in school and saw in books and on posters. Maybe you were just mislead. Illustrators always take artistic license when it comes to the solar system. If they were realistic, Jupiter would look like a dot compared to the sun, and the 4 inner planets just specks, which doesn't make for a very interesting poster on the classroom wall. I seem to remember Mars being shown larger in comparison to Earth than it actually is, back in my school days. I probably paid more attention to the visuals than the actual radius.
Here is an example of a very misleading vintage illustration:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I would just attribute it to lack of schooling and those stupid models of the planets all schools had. They are not to scale by any means and this confuses children. If thr planets were to scale either you wouldn't see the earth in relation to the sun and Jupiter. Or if you made the earth bigger for clarity say 2 in you get a sun the sun about the size of a typical house not really practical for the teachers desk.this model also wanted to show features on Mars so it was no where near scale being very close in size to earth. The one I remember had it a little more than half the size or about 4 mars would equal jupiter.
edit on 8/2/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Hello and thanks for trying to help out!

But its not the case of misleading , school , etc.

I come from a reality Mars (the planet and not the chocolate) is 2/3 size of Earth.

Seeing the photo of Mars now freaks the hell out of me.

I'm sorry if this is non sense or irrelevant for some of you, but understand that i need to find more like me, even if this has to make me go through all this #.
edit on 2-8-2016 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: heineken

I come from a reality Mars (the planet and not the chocolate) is 2/3 size of Earth.

Yeah sure it was you do realize that would require a complete realigning if the solar system. Stuff would have to move orbits would have to change. If that us thr only difrence you recall than guess what lack of education is the likely cause. Teachers didn't describe the solar system and relied in unrealistic charts. I remember in science class our teacher had us get out a protractor. She started by saying put a dot on a piece of paper. We did than she said ok now let's draw Jupiter we made a circle almost the size of the paper. Than she said anyone want to guess how big the sun would be?? We made guesses everyone was wrong and she said about the size of a football field.
edit on 8/2/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

as i said im sorry its not because of school.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I was shocked last month when I found out how small mars is compared to earth. But if you just google image solar system you can find loads of misleading illustrations which make them appear similar sizes.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

But.. that is in the film. It was always like that. The same as the SW:ESB quote, NIAYF. It was never LIAYF.

People just 'forget' things or get them confused when the mass media and pop culture use them 'out of context' to suit the narrative. It then sticks in your mind. And people are so, so susceptible to subconscious influences.

There is no Mandela Effect. That is a made up, fictional explanation for people who simply remember things wrong. And amazingly, there is NO evidence to support the claim. WHy? Oh, well, because reality has changed.

I have many memories I am sure happened - but they didn't. Why do I remember them, then? Time. External influences, society, pop culture.

The internet has not helped this either, giving bored people a way of communicating their paranoid delusions.

Now, if you can show me something like, two pieces of video evidence of SW:ESB where Vader says LIAYF against the NIAYF *then* and only then will I concede there could be something to this ME bollocks.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

You should talk to another member here, Hidingthistime, as you both say exactly the same things and talk about being from another timeline with different anatomy. Even assuming that you come from another universe and you survived, your anatomy wouldn't change to be like ours. So you either remember wrong or you still have a different vascular system and you should seek medical help. Hidingthistime (it's actually strange how you two sound alike) believed she and her friends had a different anatomy, she posted xrays and doctors I work with analyzed them and said there was nothing unusual with that person.

Here is that thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

You have no way of making such statements. You can't know stuff about things outside your current knowledge, so invalid arguments.

I like how you think, the others you responded to still don' t get it,

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Lol 1 mistake so what; it's a bit rich coming from an atheist who creates threads questioning whether Jesus was transgender

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
To the OP,

I did as you instructed and formed an image in my mind before I looked at the pictures you posted, but that is how Mars has always looked to me.

I don't believe or disbelieve you in regards to the Mandela Effect. I'm still in the process of discovering about it all.

That so many people are noticing this effect intrigues me. I am aware of things that have changed, but I haven't made up my mind if we're coming at it from the wrong point of view. If we're asking the wrong, limited questions, so to speak. Some people relate ME back to faulty memories, others to denial, or being loco, and it could be this or not at all. However, this is a real experience for you, and I respect that.

I have experienced some of what you're going through and I was completely aware while I switched timelines. It's the little niggly things that I've noticed that make me ponder ME. Things like the book: Interview with the Vampire.

How switching timelines happened with me wasn't some black hole event when the whole galaxy moved to another dimension and my molecules had to reform. But it did require a huge amount of energy. It happened in my living room. To put the experience in the simplest terms so that I can to help you understand, all life is vibrational. Molecules are moving. Altering timelines started with molecules FIRST shifting in my body. They changed to suit a new timeline where I was no longer sick.

I saw my body as floating molecules, and actually move a couple of metres to my right, hovering over my living room rug in mid-air, but when I looked around again, I discovered I was in exactly the same spot on the couch and hadn't moved at all. And then I got to discover all the differences.

It was a lot like an out of body experience. It was a personal thing that's hard to explain to others if they haven't experienced it. You tend to keep your mouth shut because trying to explain to others that things were different is so difficult for them to grasp. That's normal. They know what they know.

It must be disconcerting for you to discover what you remember about Mars has altered. Do you feel homesick?

I experienced homesickness for at least a year.

edit on 2-8-2016 by pacific because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

First of all I don't understand how you could even think about using "agnostic" in relation to this, as agnostic relating to physics

Well then your knowledge of English is limited...perhaps you are being too reactive, thinking it had to do with religion...here this may help...

www.worldcat.org...

one was to research agnosticism, one would find various definitions and thousands of ways to slice and dice this belief. The true definition is quite simple, and it's time to remove the clouds of confusion. An agnostic believes when knowledge is lacking for an absolute conclusion to a question or problem, a neutral and factual approach is the right method for obtaining truth. Additional effort is required to find the answer, or solidify the one that we have. This term is typically tied to religious beliefs, but can be used in any situation that requires further thought....

...Begin with uncertainty and doubt, question everything

Take a non-biased neutral approach

Look at the situation from all angles

Gather and validate the facts

Make an informed decision

whatis.techtarget.com...

Agnostic , in an information technology (IT) context, refers to something that is generalized so that it is interoperable among various systems. The term can refer not only to software and hardware, but also to business processes or practices. The word agnostic comes from the Greek a-, meaning without and gnōsis, meaning knowledge. In IT, that translates to the ability of something to function without “knowing” the underlying details of a system that it is working within. As with interoperability, agnosticism is typically enabled by either compliance with widely-used standards or added elements (such as coding) that will enable one system to function in a variety of environments. Some examples of agnosticism in IT: Platform-agnostic software runs on any combination of operating systemand underlying processor architecture. Such applications are sometimes referred to as “cross-platform.” Device-agnostic software operates across various types of devices, including desktop computers, laptops, tablet PCs and smartphones.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I will agree with you - in my understanding (as a science-leaning kid with lots of encyclopedia type books, and later as an internet user), Mars was only a little bit smaller than Earth. A fraction.

This blows my mind...

I will add another which I found recently. The so called 'Hinkley power plant' in the UK... I swear by all that is holy that it used to be 'HinCkley'...

Argh..!?!?!?

edit on AugustTuesday1618CDT08America/Chicago-050034 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

And yes, you and every other ME believer are snowflakes. You NEED it to be real because you NEED to be special.

So you need to revert to insults...wow...since you entered the thread on page 3 you haven't really added to the thread...you even made stuff up that the op claimed to have an "excellent memory" when all he said was he had a "good memory". And I didn't need my memory or Mandela....care to look at your own words?

Why are you wasting your time if this thread doesn't "do it for you?"

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I have a book on astronomy from the 70's Oi think im sure it has a comparative size diagram of mars and earth I pull it out and scan it to see if its anything like these ones

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Great, then what was the circumference of Mars before? Since your memory is this damn good, you should be able to retain that little number right?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: heineken

Seeing the photo of Mars now freaks the hell out of me.

I'm sorry if this is non sense or irrelevant for some of you, but understand that i need to find more like me, even if this has to make me go through all this #.

So, as far as you're concerned, the first explanation, and the one that is logically the more correct is...you are from a different reality where the size of Mars is different to what it is in this reality..?

In you opinion, there is ZERO chance you are mistaken. There is no more rational reasoning that perhaps, your memory of these facts/issues are not correct? It has to be another reality?

I recall from a child, hearing Mars was 1/3 (ish) of the Earth and that the Martian gravity was accordingly, 1/3 (ish) of the Earth. I never heard 2/3rds before. Until you posted it.

It's a shame you're from the bad or incorrect reality, where everything is wrong. How does that feel? Knowing you have been living a life all wrong and backwards?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

It was never LIAYF.

........that´s the whole point.

And amazingly, there is NO evidence to support the claim. WHy? Oh, well, because reality has changed.

The claim is that reality changed for those that experience this.

Now, if you can show me something like, two pieces of video evidence of SW:ESB where Vader says LIAYF against the NIAYF *then* and only then will I concede there could be something to this ME bollocks.

No because then it wouldn´t be due to the ME.
edit on 2-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join