It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MANDELA EFFECT - I just discovered a jaw dropping change

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain claims – are unknown and perhaps unknowable.

dickhead.

Suck it.

edit on 1-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

How many people around the world forget where they put their keys? ME or just simply remembering wrong? How many people worldwide forget birthdays, anniversaries etc? ME or just forgetting?

These examples don't even apply.

Key placement is short term memory and people don't think someone's birthday is on another day or something, they simply forget that it is someone's birthday that day.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

Of course they apply. It's to do with memory.

I guess you'll just dismiss anything so your precious ME is real. You can't even think logically.

Poor little snowflake.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Without being funny, I don't think your arguments against ME are logical. Its not something I believe in, but the fact that you don't believe it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

Agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain claims – are unknown and perhaps unknowable.

dickhead.

Suck it.

I am glad that I don't have to deal with people like you day to day. I just wish that there was a way, as there is on other media sites, to ignore people like you.

Have fun on ATS.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It's to do with memory.

There are different types of memory, maybe you are unaware of this.

You can't even think logically.

What I said is completely logical. Your examples do not apply.

Poor little snowflake.

User of the word snowflake.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Sure sure,but you do admit that you were very ignorant about the definition of the term agnosticism?

Good, now go on ignore the hell out of me bye.

Have fun on ATS.

I always have!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I know there are different types of memory.

People in long term relationships forget birthdays and anniversaries all the time. That's long term memory.

And yes, you and every other ME believer are snowflakes. You NEED it to be real because you NEED to be special.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

This isgood thinking but it doesn't change anything because of reasons I will get back on later.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

People in long term relationships forget birthdays and anniversaries all the time. That's long term memory.

Like I just said, do people think that someone's birthday is on another date all together, completely different day and month, or do they simply forget the birthday is that day?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Does it matter? It's long term memory.

I'm out of this thread now anyway. I've had my fun. The OP proved (hilariously) that his memory is faulty, therefore making his opinion on the ME worthless.

Have fun with the ME you little snowflakes.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
a reply to: Sublimecraft
why bothering not scrolling, drawing etc...following my instructions... this kinda looks silly u know

reread my post - I FOLLOWED YOUR INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Does it matter? It's long term memory.

Forgetting a birthday is not the same as remembering Mars being a way different size, it would be the equivalent of thinking someone's birthday was a completely different month and day.

The OP proved (hilariously) that his memory is faulty, therefore making his opinion on the ME worthless.

It already was a given that memory is fallible so I don't see why you insist that this was some sort of huge revelation.

Have fun with the ME you little snowflakes.

Lol, You said it again, "snowflake". You are such a dweeb.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I absolutely believe in our timeline convergence. I haven't had any big ones . But I believe. It's all in our infinity. Something got screwed up and James Earl Jones is alive and that weirds me out

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: heineken

I'm sorry, but planets cant just change size, with or without divine intervention (which is what I assume you believe changes perceived timelines). A planet of that magnitude would have a vastly different orbit than one of the size you recall it being. I.e, if Mars was that size, the whole solar system would be different, for example; earth would not have a 365 day orbit (has that changed from your memory aswell?) amoungst a myriad of other repercussions.

The main problem with the Mandela affect, is that everyone has differing opinions, if there were such a thing, we would characteristically never know about it, because that is what it's always been. Unless you believe specifically you have changed from one reality to another? In which case I would ask what makes you so special and not me?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I tried to read through all of this but to be honest I skipped around a bit since I've read the same thing on 50 other identical threads. Here is my 2 cents, and I mean no disrespect to anyone.

No one can prove or disprove ME. It's like trying to prove that the you, the universe and all our memories were not created 2 minutes ago. From what I have read about memory we never remember a specific event or a piece of information but once. Each time after that we simply remember the last time we remembered it. Once we remember something wrong, due to any number of mundane factors, it corrupts the file. With the common things in our lives this doesn't matter because we have hundreds of other "files" to pull the same information from. The problem is with some of these things people don't really think about every day. So once that memory is remembered wrong than every time you try to think of it you get the wrong information. Over time you believe it to be true. Especially when people ask about old children's books or areas of science they haven't looked at in forever. When I read your OP I'm going to be honest my first thought was "Mars is a little larger than earth, right?" . Does that mean I'm from a third time line? Maybe. But if I had to bet my life on it I haven't really looked at astronomy in a very long time and unfortunately, though I consider myself a man of science, I got that one way wrong.

Anyway yall have fun in whatever time line you find yourself in.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I tried to read through all of this but to be honest I skipped around a bit since I've read the same thing on 50 other identical threads. Here is my 2 cents, and I mean no disrespect to anyone.

No one can prove or disprove ME. It's like trying to prove that the you, the universe and all our memories were not created 2 minutes ago. From what I have read about memory we never remember a specific event or a piece of information but once. Each time after that we simply remember the last time we remembered it. Once we remember something wrong, due to any number of mundane factors, it corrupts the file. With the common things in our lives this doesn't matter because we have hundreds of other "files" to pull the same information from. The problem is with some of these things people don't really think about every day. So once that memory is remembered wrong than every time you try to think of it you get the wrong information. Over time you believe it to be true. Especially when people ask about old children's books or areas of science they haven't looked at in forever. When I read your OP I'm going to be honest my first thought was "Mars is a little larger than earth, right?" . Does that mean I'm from a third time line? Maybe. But if I had to bet my life on it I haven't really looked at astronomy in a very long time and unfortunately, though I consider myself a man of science, I got that one way wrong.

Anyway yall have fun in whatever time line you find yourself in.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the issue is here. There are many portrayals of the planets that are off, leading to easy confusion over the size of Mars vs. Earth, and the size of Mars vs. Mercury. Venus and Earth have always been known as the twins, Mars has been medium-sized and Mercury has usually been shown as very tiny, yet in the pictures Mercury looks to almost be the size of Mars, so I can understand some confusion.

scienceblogs.com...

images.rapgenius.com...

r.ddmcdn.com...

The last one has Mars at half the size of Jupiter, not to mention Mercury is pretty large. I didn't have to look hard for the above, it's a simple Yahoo Image Search

The first image in the search actually makes Venus bigger than Earth, which is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hmph. I always thought Mars was like 3/4 the size of Earth. I guess I was wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: heineken
a reply to: Sublimecraft
why bothering not scrolling, drawing etc...following my instructions... this kinda looks silly u know

reread my post - I FOLLOWED YOUR INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER.

AS I SAID,

BEING AGAINST THE MANDELA EFFECT AND FOLLOWING MY INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER JUST PLAIN SILLY .

edit on 2-8-2016 by heineken because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join