It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MANDELA EFFECT - I just discovered a jaw dropping change

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
A tiny bit off topic but not.

thetruesize.com...

This is a site which shows the true size of countries.
Very interesting play about with it.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: heineken

Some old maps of the Arctic ocean.

No land mass here:

None here either:

Can you not just think that perhaps you were wrong on this?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Sorry i can't proof for u ! , I really wish. But its not a let down, I'm not even frustrated that you can't understand. I can accept a reaction like yours to statements like mine because of course its crazy as hell.

This is so powerful , that in my life I had to experience something like this. I'm happy and grateful.

I never saw ghosts, no aliens, no ufo's, nothing unexplainable ever happened, and then boom, all these changes, different position in the galaxy, different stars, different planets, different Earth!, different anatomy!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Or the alternative, more rational and the most studied answer of them all is......

You remembered it all wrong! Gosh. Just think about that! People can remember stuff wrong. Oh wow! That's just such a novelty.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

The first time I really saw the comparative sizes of the continents I was about 15 or 16 years old, before that we had always seen the mercator projections. It was all Euro centric and then Northern Hemisphere centric before that. The world still looks weird to me with Africa so long and ...creepy!

edit on 4-8-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Come on, how can one be mistaken about this ?

Every Earth texture had it!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken

Come on, how can one be mistaken about this ?

Every Earth texture had it!

And that's based on what? Your memory?

Fail.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Tbh its the first time I have seen it and I have shown it about 30 people today and everyone is shocked.
North America and Europe are so tiny compared to the maps we grew up with.

edit on 4-8-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I am not surprised, we are not taught the facts because it is simply easier to just carry on instead of changing all those maps, globes and geography books.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

this is a bit off topic, please do not derail, you can create new thread

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

this is a bit off topic, please do not derail, you can create new thread

Seriously? You were talking about the Arctic and I provided you with very old maps, from before satellites!

Dude if you don't want to discuss it just say so but don't go the whole "off topic" bit. In fact report my posts right now...

Damn!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I am not surprised, we are not taught the facts because it is simply easier to just carry on instead of changing all those maps, globes and geography books.

im talking about this

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

But that has absolutely nothing to do with you seeing the Arctic stations, does it?

The world maps have changed in general education as we have improved on them by technological feats that have enabled us to show the world as it really is, not as we wanted it to be.

Example would be that in the past the northern hemisphere was shown to be massive, but that is because those who drew the maps were from the northern hemisphere, with the northern hemisphere as a frame of reference and that is all.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Okay last one here.

Mars was always that size you are mistaken that is it.
If you think it used to be the same size as earth you never even knew the real size so you were ignorant to the solar system...maybe you should have paid more attention.
edit on 4-8-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

So not off topic at all.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

So not off topic at all.

I didn't think so but throw the die and let the Mods sort it out, aye?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

every time i meet honesty i appreciate

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
what i like about the mandela effect , is that i was experiencing some changes before knowing it exists. I only learned about it a month ago.

Our position in the milky way was the first , i treasure it a lot. I remember how suddenly pictures showing us closer to the black hole started to appear. I just thought that maybe they can't tell were we are, or they have no clue. In reality though if I dug in , i would have discovered that suddenly there is no evidence that they ever said we were from the outer edge!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

what i like about the mandela effect , is that i was experiencing some changes before knowing it exists. I only learned about it a month ago.

Our position in the milky way was the first , i treasure it a lot. I remember how suddenly pictures showing us closer to the black hole started to appear. I just thought that maybe they can't tell were we are, or they have no clue. In reality though if I dug in , i would have discovered that suddenly there is no evidence that they ever said we were from the outer edge!

Is this the sort of picture you remember? Notice how it creates the impression that we are closer to the edge because the outside of the galaxy is less dense, almost ethereal. Also keep in mind that these are all artist's renditions, and some are more concerned with accuracy than others, while our understanding of our own galaxy is ever changing. It's not like we can take a photo of it.

edit on 4-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Here is an article that explains how astronomers have changed their minds, based on ever evolving evidence, about how close we are to the center of the galaxy.

www.usnews.com...

Also, consider the fact that science is advancing at an exponential rate, which means our ideas are changing faster than ever before. And due to the internet, the new ideas are propagating rapidly, sometimes leaving nary a trace of the old ones.

So I'd say the whole "location of the earth" thing is merely a case of new science and more artist's renditions.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join