It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's Political Truth - The Wrath of Khan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
A gold star parent of a US soldier recently spoke at the DNC convention. Khizr Khan spoke with his wife Ghazala on stage. He told us that Muslims sacrifice for the US and the Armed Forces. I am sad for their loss and I am sure his son was a fine soldier but the message is being used here to attack one candidate and at the same time shame us all into again, accepting, that Islam is a peaceful religion and they are just like us. Well, lets look at a few statistics.

There are 3.3 million US Muslims in a country of 330 Million. 1% of the population.
The Pentagon reports that our of the 2.2 Active Duty military members less than 6000 identify as Muslim. That is .002% of the US military.

Now, only 14 Muslim servicemen have been killed since 9/11. They I am sure lived with honor. Remember the number 14. 579* have been killed since 9/11 deployment. That means .002% again, of all deaths, have been by followers of Islam. As Mr Khan said, it is a religion of peace and is NOT tied to terror.

Well, lets take a look. Since 9/11, US servicemen who are Muslim have killed 14 soldiers.

Nidal Hassan - Ft Hood - 12 dead 32 wounded
Hasan K. Akbar - Camp Pennsylvania, Kuwait, - 2 dead 14 wounded

What about the sacrifice of the 14 dead and 46 wounded who opened their minds and arms and accepted what many consider their enemy only to be killed?

I only think it would be proper to show the whole picture of Islam in the US armed services than the sad diatribe of a father who was paraded out but handlers who, if you look into it, worked for a company with ties to the Clinton Foundation. I guess he was just another hired hand.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The truth is this: As with any war, there will be those who fight against the ones you would think they should side with. There were Japanese-Americans who served the US loyally even as their countrymen were put in camps back home. Germans also faced intense scrutiny at the same time.

These are the realities of the time we live in today. There will be Muslims who have embraced the US, and because of what their co-religionists do, they will be put in uncomfortable, even bad, spots. Do I like that? No.

I suppose we could always become a suspicious police state to make sure we are safe.

Or Muslims could stop pointing fingers at society at large and start pointing it at their co-religionists.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Now that you have worked so hard to attack and deride the father of a soldier who sacrificed his life for this country...
cuz he is a Muslim...(Classy!)

...Perhaps you can explain why these other Gold Star families voices don't matter either?

The families of 11 service members who died fighting for the U.S. demanded an apology from Donald Trump on Monday, accusing him of "cheapening the sacrifice made by those we lost."

A letter signed by the Gold Star families — the term for those who have lost loved ones during military service — also called Trump's comments "repugnant, and personally offensive."

www.cnbc.com...

edit on 1-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Khan benefited from selling Green Cards to muslim immigrants...

Why Khan hates Trump

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Forgive me, but what is a "gold star family" I have never heard of such a term?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Khan benefited from selling Green Cards to muslim immigrants...

Why Khan hates Trump

Uh--huh....

And what is the dark past of the Veterans of Foreign Wars? ...ya know ...the VFW ..

VFW slams Trump

"Election year or not, the VFW will not tolerate anyone berating a Gold Star family member for exercising his or her right of speech or expression," said Brian Duffy, who was elected July 27 to lead the nation's oldest and largest major war veterans organization.

www.cnn.com...

C'mon...in for a penny ...in for a pound...Why not attack those old white guys that march in the 4th of July parades...who gave it all in real wars...the ones that the COWARD Donald Trump dodged..

the multiple student deferments Trump received, and how he finally got a medical exemption that staved off the draft.

Trump "was a Vietnam draft dodger," Kuby said.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

Forgive me, but what is a "gold star family" I have never heard of such a term?

A family whose son, daughter, brother or sister was killed in action while serving in the US Military.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

The article argues that the visa in question helps wealthy foreigners gain access to the US.

Its possible that Khan thinks a Trump victory might affect his business but as it stands, he's an immigration lawyer who's not breaking any laws...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I gotta exit this gross thread..

It's not good for my soul...neither is Trump..

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It is sad that in our nation in the name of politics death can be used as propaganda, still nobody cares or talk about how many American patriots had died for this nation in all the war that this nation have fought.

Darn put in there, two of my uncles that I never met and my maternal grandfather a father that my mother never met because she was an infant when he died.

Yes, propaganda on the death is so easy to parade in political campaigns only to favor a minority side of society.

Despicable.

I will never allow political rats to use the heroes in my family for political gain.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm unsure of the point of the thread.

Is the sacrifice this American soldier made less significant because his personal religion is statistically rare within the Armed Forces?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Again you’re conflating bad people with all Muslims.

We should condemn all black people for Chicago

And all white man because their mostly all the serial killers

I’ll tell you what we should do

Since the vast majority of all these evildoers are men

Lets just condemn all men

Logic fails you based on emotion and prejudice

understandable but never justified

edit on 1-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Of course he was a hired hand, why in the hell would you even join the US military as a muslim? The U.S. government is a gigantic mass-murdering machine which earns profit through waging wars, and is never held accountable over its unspeakable war crimes and crimes against humanity.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here are the 2 tweets sent from Trump:

Mr. Khan, who does not know me, viciously attacked me from the stage of the DNC and is now all over T.V. doing the same - Nice!

This story is not about Mr. Khan, who is all over the place doing interviews, but rather RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM and the U.S. Get smart!

Donald Trump is right. We need a strict immigration plan, just look around the world. When's the last time we had terrorist attacks almost daily? Trump never singled out Khan or any other muslim. He spoke in general terms of banning muslims until we figure out how to fix the problem.

His tweets aren't bad either, he called it how he sees it. I think the DNC are #holes for using the race card.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I'm unsure of the point of the thread.

Is the sacrifice this American soldier made less significant because his personal religion is statistically rare within the Armed Forces?

Or was his sacrifice somehow made more significant because of the statistical rarity of his religion in the armed forces? Why choose Khan specifically to speak about how his son gave all over some other father or mother of a dead soldier?

Khan was chosen explicitly for that reason and no other. So in this case, the religious affiliation makes this son special before all other dead soldiers as far as the DNC was concerned. They needed a sympathetic Muslim and a soldier they could check off the list of boxes.

Remember, the DNC was the convention of hyphenated Americans. The more boxes, the better.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Again you’re conflating bad people with all Muslims.

We should condemn all black people for Chicago

And all white man because their mostly all the serial killers

I’ll tell you what we should do

Since the vast majority of all these evildoers are men

Lets just condemn all men

Logic fails you based on emotion and prejudice

understandable but never justified

At some point, something has to be done about it. Flooding the gates with refugees doesn't seem to be the answer.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
His son died in an illegal war that Hillary supported, and now the DNC is using him as a political prop. It's sad when you think about it, but I'm sure this secured him a book deal.

An Open Letter to Khizr Khan from US servicemen

Jeff Sessions Backs Trump, Shuts Down Khizr Khan In An EPIC Fashion

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

No I did not. I said...

I am sad for their loss and I am sure his son was a fine soldier

I then said it is a shame that he is being exploited because of his religion.

he message is being used here to attack one candidate and at the same time shame us all into again, accepting, that Islam is a peaceful religion and they are just like us

Please take the time to read this article. This is the basis of this thread. I read this and wanted to make some comparisons.

thehill.com...

Perhaps a better testimony from Khizr Khan would have been for him to talk about how Hillary Clinton was in the U.S. Senate when she voted to invade Iraq. Years later, after that position became politically unpopular, she changed her mind and joined new political forces to vacate all the land across Iraq that so many great American patriots like Capt. Humayun Khan had died for. It was her vote that sent Capt. Khan to his death. And then it was her decisions later to render that sacrifice worthless.

Hillary voted to KILL his son. I would not have been on that stage on either side. That is my choice and I understand why some must speak out but to me it is private.
edit on 08pm31pmf0000002016-08-01T15:51:50-05:000350 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I still haven't wrapped my mind around what's going on there. Is the guy really allowing his son's death to be exploited for political gain?

Something's creepy about that dude.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Is very simple, Snarl the death can not talk, but the family can be bought.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join