It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to Repeal the Second Amendment

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

No. It's not time to REPEAL the 2nd Amendment. But, maybe it could use a little tweaking.

I'm sure that in 1776, a well regulated militia was absolutely necessary, but in 2016, we have a well regulated military. As far the right of the people to overthrow the government, it won't happen with semi-automatic rifles and machine guns. It just won't!

"The right to bare arms shall no be infringed" isn't realistic anymore. I don't think that even the staunchest of 2nd Amercement supporters want to see guns in the hands of convicted violent felons, for example.

There are already laws in place dealing with felons and firearms. Many are not enforced. For instance, just the act of trying to buy a gun, while being a felon, is illegal, yet noone has ever been charged for that. Most of the dead thugs from police shootings have at least 1 illegal firearm charge on their record, which usually is "supposed" to be a mandatory 5 year prison term in many states. The person rarely faces the penalty to the max.

Which is why we should simplify it. You get caught with a gun, you serve 10-30 years.

Perhaps as a good American, automatically part of a militia, perhaps you should serve 10-30 years if you get caught without a gun? Remember this, an armed society is a polite society. An unarmed society can end up in places like Treblinka. Got your bags packed?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

It's time to think about how guns relate to our real life, today, as opposed to how they related to real life 240 years ago.

They gained us freedom from over-taxation?

Now today they are taking more taxes from us at an even higher rate?

-that is all I'm finding on my Google Reality search engine, maybe I need to uncheck my propaganda filter settings?
edit on 8 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

AH but you could indeed GIVE her your guns as well.
I DO comprehend what you said well so THAT would make this a logical conversation based on the two party order...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod
a reply to: uncommitted

These are direct statistics, not polls.

Here you have it from your own.

Murders Soar in UK!

If we do a year by year comparison it is even worse.

You are completely missing the point, it's nothing to do with guns, and more to the point, taking figures based on percentages to prove a point is stupid. If there was one murder last year and two this year that means murders have 'soared' by 50%............... doesn't really work, doesn't it?

ETA, ok, actually means they have 'soared' by 100% - must check maths before typing

edit on 1-8-2016 by uncommitted because: As per ETA

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

Just a question, are you drinking fluoridated water?

Also, please hand over your man card, your done.

Pretty pathetic that yu equate guns with being a man.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The big problem with removing the right from a person with a felony, is the classification of a felony can be changed to suit the current opinion of the government.

Grow a plant in your yard that was not in the list of payoffs, or other morality based opinion laws, you are now no longer able to legally protect your life.

that is not a small removal of rights, that is your right to protect yourself from dying

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: 3danimator2014

If they are in my way they aren't innocent.

Yeah! That's the spirit. It's a good thing you are human. ..because as we know, humans never make mistakes.

What a man.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

We are fortunate to have one of the best military forces in the world. But you have to remember the shear number of gun owners in the US is probably a good deterrence too. Approximately 80,000,000 gun owners in the US vs the largest armed forces in the world 9.9 million (North Korea including reserves). Even, the five largest armed forces in the world put together is no comparison.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
The big problem with removing the right from a person with a felony, is the classification of a felony can be changed to suit the current opinion of the government.

Grow a plant in your yard that was not in the list of payoffs, or other morality based opinion laws, you are now no longer able to legally protect your life.

that is not a small removal of rights, that is your right to protect yourself from dying

You can still protect yourself without a gun...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

So do that and stop telling others what they can and can't do.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: thesungod

Forget about the Cumbria shootings? 12 dead in 2010. That's a mass shooting and right off the top of my head.

Your violent crime is through the roof. Rape and murder is soaring from pre gun control, so lack of guns didn't change that.

ETA: I respect the crap out of the Bobbies. I wouldn't do that job without a firearm.

Are you seriously citing one shooting that happened 6 years ago. How many has the US has this year alone?

Do you want to take the time to sort out the ones done with legally owned arms as opposed to the ones done with illegally carried ones?

Its a very simple. There are relatively no innocent people killed in the UK from guns.

END OF STORY.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I already do that. I just don't want you to have a gun.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

A firearm is still the most effective way to protect ones life when the need arise. If not why are all the military in the world still rely on them?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Good damned thing it ain't up to YOU

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Ok. I am very interested in physics and would like to do some safe experiments of my own with tiny amounts of uranium and pkutonium. Do you think i should be able to? I know how to handle it safely. And im pretty sure it won't be released into the atmosphere. Unless I make a mistake. But I won't so it's cool.

Do you think people should be told they are not allowed small amounts of plutonium ?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The'll make their last one if I have to use a gut to tell them to leave.
BUT then again we are discussing what an intruder would face from me ONLY,I'm not sure how YOU deal with burglars or someone who violates YOUR house...and if they are of that prediliction I will have offed somebody's kid,so what?
I don't really care.
I'M sane too, just checked.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I already do that. I just don't want you to have a gun.

Forget it mate. You are trying to preach to kids with toys. Ain't gonna work.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Good damned thing it ain't up to YOU

Soon, we'll be in the majority.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You keep thinking that. Look at gun ownership. I think you are in for a VERY rude awakening.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I fail to see how repealing the 2nd Amendment would accomplish that globally. Please explain your plan for the military, and other countries, and the ability to make one in your own garage with common machinist tools (or in prisons with common everyday items)?

I still have not seen the thread starter answer this basic question. SO, I will ask again, please reveal your global plan for accomplishing this, as I fail to see how a localized repeal of a U.S. Constitutional amendment would affect everywhere. And, I expect an intelligent answer as this is a topic requiring intelligent solutions. Not simply, "because I want it". As that is something a child whines about and should never get.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join