It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to Repeal the Second Amendment

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Krakatoa

NOPE I DO believe he wants to disarm all of America so only the government will have them...while IGNORING their numbers ENTIRELY.
Just running scared,poor civilians....wish I could help.

I made it clear. Get rid of them. Melt them down for scrape. Nobody gets a gun.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

I fail to see how repealing the 2nd Amendment would accomplish that globally. Please explain your plan for the military, and other countries, and the ability to make one in your own garage with common machinist tools (or in prisons with common everyday items)?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Don't know why this is 6 pages, OP's post was pretty obviously a joke.

Come on guys.

I wish OP was joking but this is the 2nd thread they've authored in a week talking about "Guns R Bad" and "Gun owners are cowards", also going on to defend these statements when people poke holes

Sadly, it appears there are more and more folks out there buying into the agenda at play

At least these threads stir up a lot of passion in folks. More fun than all of the political threads lately, lol

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

MAYBE, but I sure as HELL wouldn't want it to happen.
They never have made a movie that shows what an armed American civilian response would actually look like,it would be a heartless slaughter.
Take the premise of the original beginning of Red Dawn1 an Airborne unit shoots up a school in the mountains of Colorado...and UNSUPPORTED airborne unit ...in COLORADO...If the 82nd tried to hold say...TELLURIDE? MAYBE they could for a week,probably less.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Do you realize that guns are old technologies? A simple workshop can turn out pretty decent firearms. There is no getting rid of them ... the Pandora's box has been opened hundreds of years ago.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Just a question, are you drinking fluoridated water?

Also, please hand over your man card, your done.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I am all for a better definition of it, but not repealing it.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

REALLY didn't help yourself there much.
SINCE WE ALL would wish for that ,yes.
BUT SINCE you ignore reality .NO.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Well, here's another one.

Stop, folks. Don't feed the trolls.

The OP is definitely NOT a troll. Simple disagreement with him does not a troll make.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod
All I have to say is.

"Come and take it!"

What? from your 'cold dead hands'? That is a meme. This is a topic that can be discussed logically.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

All I have to say is.

"Come and take it!"

What? from your 'cold dead hands'? That is a meme. This is a topic that can be discussed logically.

So is abortion. Those threads get pretty heated to.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Reading your OP, you are being less than truthful. In fact: you're out right lying.

Your OP in your last gun thread in the Mud Pit was very insulting to ALL that own guns. You did not exclude anyone, and you were quite clear on that.

You were asked by other members if you only meant those that lived in the city and how you felt about people who live well outside the city, and you pretty much refused to answer those posts, but instead, continued to insult people by calling them cowards, over and over.

The tone of your posts in that thread, and this one do in fact suggest you are trolling ATS for entertainment.

You're not interested in serious debate of the issues.

You're here for the lulz.

Recommend everyone stop feeding the OP.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If they take away all guns from congressmen, the people running our cities, the owners of big businesses and corporate leaders, and criminals, I will then give up one of my guns.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Well, what you're proposing is a complete re-write of the social contract between the citizens of the US in existence at the time they were born and its government.

All well and good, but..........you re-write that social contract then your government should compensate the people who's rights have been abridged and that compensation should include buy-out of any property they own at fair market value, cash-out of any social security they've paid in at actuarial payout and relocation assistance so they can safely leave the US for good. And that's a bare minimum of the needed compensation! And why all that? Because you and your crappy government can't assure our safety after this happens, plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Aside from the obvious Russian invasion that would happen, I would like to add a 2nd amendment ATS style rebuttal.

Unless you are mathematically challenged, we are probably not alone in the universe.

They may not have any emotions, they may just like the taste of your face.

Will you blog em to death?

I would prefer a 300 win mag, but I am pretty handy with my Stihl chainsaw.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

That is a fantastic response, I had never thought of it from the angle of the constitution being a contractual agreement between citizen and government. Very interesting indeed...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

It's time to think about how guns relate to our real life, today, as opposed to how they related to real life 240 years ago.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

All I have to say is.

"Come and take it!"

The logical conclusion of this discussion is that IF you decide to come for my guns...one of us will die.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
At this phase of human development violence is epidemic with or without guns.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Do you think the only reason Russia, or anyone, doesn't invade us is because of the armed civilian population? I'm thinking it has A LOT more to do with our military - the trained professional fighters - the people most Americans think make up the most powerful fighting force on the planet. But hey, if you think keeping an AR-15 in your closet stops the Chinese masses from overrunning us, reality's probably not going to have any effect on you at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join