It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to Repeal the Second Amendment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Fantastic idea!! Then only people who have firearms illegally will be armed.
nice thinkin

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Fact: Since gun banning has escalated in the UK, the rate of crime – especially violent crime – has risen. Fact: Ironically, firearm use in crimes in the UK has doubled in the decade since handguns were banned. 17 Fact: Britain has the highest rate of violent crime in Europe, more so than the United States or even South Africa. They also have the second highest overall crime rate in the European Union. In 2008, Britain had a violent crime rate nearly five times higher than the United States (2034 vs. 446 per 100,000 population). 18 Fact: 67% of British residents surveyed believed that “As a result of gun and knife crime [rising], the area I live in is not as safe as it was five years ago.” 19 GUNS IN OTHER COUNTRIES - U.K. Violent Crime Rates 1982 through 2010 covering gun control acts in 1998 and 1997 - revised - 2Fact: U.K. street robberies soared 28% in 2001. Violent crime was up 11%, murders up 4%, and rapes were up 14%. 20 Fact: This trend continued in the U.K in 2004 with a 10% increase in street crime, 8% increase in muggings, and a 22% increase in robberies. Fact: In 1919, before it had any gun control, the U.K. had a homicide rate that was 8% of the U.S. rate. By 1986, and after enacting significant gun control, the rate was 9% – practically unchanged. 21 Fact: “… [There is] nothing in the statistics for England and Wales to suggest that either the stricter controls on handguns prior to 1997 or the ban imposed since have controlled access to such firearms by criminals.”

Source

How's that firearm control working out for you UK?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If you are a U.S. citizen, then begin your effort to repeal it now. I do not support your cause, but support your right to follow the established process to repeal a Constitutional amendment. And know that I and many more will fight your cause to our dying breath.

Please do not be bitter or surprised if it fails. It is a long and difficult process on purpose. Allowing the government to strip the protections to any right from the citizenry should be difficult to do IMO. But there is a process in place for just that purpose. I would hazard to guess that is not likely in many so-called "civilized countries" around the world.

Go for it...and good luck.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

nice thinkin

If it's too expensive to purchase a firearm off the black market there will not be many going around. Stick a Class A felony charge on owning an unregistered deadly weapon would be a nice touch.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You are EFFING CRAZY TO ACTUALLY SUGGEST REMOVING THE SECOND AMENDMENT. "DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH, LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE" BEN FRANKLIN and I say if you don'the like the Constitution either shut up or move somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is directed at no one in particular. The wife is well misinformed, says stupid things on the internet, trolls and baits really well and generally pisses everybody off on at least one side of the political spectrum or any argument. Anybody know where she can get a job doing this kind of work, you know, trolling, baiting and just generally supporting stupid ideas? ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I can only think of one way to enforce a confiscation of all guns.
That would be a door to door search of houses by other men with guns.

I'll pass thanks

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

nice thinkin

If it's too expensive to purchase a firearm off the black market there will not be many going around. Stick a Class A felony charge on owning an unregistered deadly weapon would be a nice touch.

I have seen many street guns go from 30-50 dollars. When I was a teen there were a few bad apples I hung out with from time to time. They can be had for cheap.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod

Fact: Since gun banning has escalated in the UK, the rate of crime – especially violent crime – has risen. Fact: Ironically, firearm use in crimes in the UK has doubled in the decade since handguns were banned. 17 Fact: Britain has the highest rate of violent crime in Europe, more so than the United States or even South Africa. They also have the second highest overall crime rate in the European Union. In 2008, Britain had a violent crime rate nearly five times higher than the United States (2034 vs. 446 per 100,000 population). 18 Fact: 67% of British residents surveyed believed that “As a result of gun and knife crime [rising], the area I live in is not as safe as it was five years ago.” 19 GUNS IN OTHER COUNTRIES - U.K. Violent Crime Rates 1982 through 2010 covering gun control acts in 1998 and 1997 - revised - 2Fact: U.K. street robberies soared 28% in 2001. Violent crime was up 11%, murders up 4%, and rapes were up 14%. 20 Fact: This trend continued in the U.K in 2004 with a 10% increase in street crime, 8% increase in muggings, and a 22% increase in robberies. Fact: In 1919, before it had any gun control, the U.K. had a homicide rate that was 8% of the U.S. rate. By 1986, and after enacting significant gun control, the rate was 9% – practically unchanged. 21 Fact: “… [There is] nothing in the statistics for England and Wales to suggest that either the stricter controls on handguns prior to 1997 or the ban imposed since have controlled access to such firearms by criminals.”

Source

How's that firearm control working out for you UK?

Great. We have no mass shooting, no kids being killed in the street and our police are no armed so dont go around executing people. And FYI, id rather be mugged at knife point that shot. Its not a hard choice.

Hey, when do you think the next nightclub shooting or general mass shooting will be in the US? Tomorrow? Next week? Its gotta be soon....have fun with that, dont let it eat at your conscious. I know you wont.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

No. It's not time to REPEAL the 2nd Amendment. But, maybe it could use a little tweaking.

I'm sure that in 1776, a well regulated militia was absolutely necessary, but in 2016, we have a well regulated military. As far the right of the people to overthrow the government, it won't happen with semi-automatic rifles and machine guns. It just won't!

"The right to bare arms shall no be infringed" isn't realistic anymore. I don't think that even the staunchest of 2nd Amercement supporters want to see guns in the hands of convicted violent felons, for example.

edit on 1-8-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Stick a Class A felony charge on owning an unregistered deadly weapon would be a nice touch.

Wow. Why did no one ever think to make something more illegal. That is genius.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

you forgot self defence and the argument of freed slaves securing their right to weapons FOR PERSONAL DEFENCE.

militias...pfft

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I suggest we all pitch in and buy OP a ticket to West Englewood in Chicago. Let him go door to door, telling them they are cowards and he wants to take away their Right to own a gun.

link   

originally posted by: loam
I can't possibly imagine what could go wrong with a government disarming its populous. After all, we nominate the best political visionaries in our Republic. Just look at Trump and Clinton. Keeps getting better each election cycle.

So, wait. You are suggesting that the armed people will one day revolte and take over? HAHA

link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

nice thinkin

I have seen many street guns go from 30-50 dollars. When I was a teen there were a few bad apples I hung out with from time to time. They can be had for cheap.

Supply and demand economics are pretty simple.

If there is a very limited supply that has a demand there will be higher prices charged. Even cheaply produced 3d plastic guns could be sold at a premium price because of the lack of supply from major manufacturers.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No. It's not time to REPEAL the 2nd Amendment. But, maybe it could use a little tweaking.

I'm sure that in 1776, a well regulated militia was absolutely necessary, but in 2016, we have a well regulated military. As far the right of the people to overthrow the government, it won't happen with semi-automatic rifles and machine guns. It just won't!

"The right to bare arms shall no be infringed" isn't realistic anymore. I don't think that even the staunchest of 2nd Amercement supporters want to see guns in the hands of convicted violent felons, for example.

There are already laws in place dealing with felons and firearms. Many are not enforced. For instance, just the act of trying to buy a gun, while being a felon, is illegal, yet noone has ever been charged for that. Most of the dead thugs from police shootings have at least 1 illegal firearm charge on their record, which usually is "supposed" to be a mandatory 5 year prison term in many states. The person rarely faces the penalty to the max.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You got it all wrong, I guess you forget that is not only guns what is killing people in America, statistics do not lie, if we are to make a safe haven for all people guns will not be the first one in the list to ban for killing people

As usual nice thread, good issue but it doesn't address the entire issue of human preservation as a whole.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: windword

There are already laws in place dealing with felons and firearms. Many are not enforced. For instance, just the act of trying to buy a gun, while being a felon, is illegal, yet noone has ever been charged for that. Most of the dead thugs from police shootings have at least 1 illegal firearm charge on their record, which usually is "supposed" to be a mandatory 5 year prison term in many states. The person rarely faces the penalty to the max.

Which is why we should simplify it. You get caught with a gun, you serve 10-30 years.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Forget about the Cumbria shootings? 12 dead in 2010. That's a mass shooting and right off the top of my head.

Your violent crime is through the roof. Rape and murder is soaring from pre gun control, so lack of guns didn't change that.

ETA: I respect the crap out of the Bobbies. I wouldn't do that job without a firearm.
edit on 1-8-2016 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
ARE you of the idea you'd KNOW?
an ANIMATOR?
I failed in school your field ,you just failed in mine...
www.bob-owens.com...
edit on 1-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join