It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to Repeal the Second Amendment

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: SudoNim

I would say that is a Matter of Opinion .

I'd say its an uneducated and borderline racist opinion.

Maybe you should check the stats rather than going with your gut.

Do not Pretend to know me Stranger , I am Undefinable . You on the Other hand are Obviously just like your Avatar . Nuff Said .

Undefinable, do you want some cheese to go with your delusions of grandeur.

I can only judge you off of the comments you posted, which were both paranoid and slightly racist.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Wow, two for two!!

Who else gets to decide for me that a law is unjust, may I ask? You? No thanks, I'll pass.

How do you think unjust laws are removed? By magic?

So basically any law you don't agree with you are happy to break.

A bit simplistic, but in essence, yes. Though ignore might be a better way to phrase it, and work to get it changed.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Wow, two for two!!

Who else gets to decide for me that a law is unjust, may I ask? You? No thanks, I'll pass.

How do you think unjust laws are removed? By magic?

So basically any law you don't agree with you are happy to break.

A bit simplistic, but in essence, yes. Though ignore might be a better way to phrase it, and work to get it changed.

So if I don't think setting your house on fire is unjust then I can just go ahead and do so?

You want to hide behind certain laws and ignore others as you choose.
Yet you expect police officers to respect the laws you hide behind?

Delusional.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I've been several places in the states and over here where if you chat up the cops they will be free with info... about how certain crimes in certain places are not reported because that would be bad for business.

And I never said I feel... so don't put words in my mouth please; its called observing your surroundings and being aware of how things are done.

Also regular briefings given by the military about security concerns are a big assist as well...

Yeah actually thats called micro-perspective. You view your tiny area and then take your views and apply them to the rest of the country.

It's both inaccurate and ridiculous.

It's along the same "No-one I know has cancer, therefore cancer does not exist".

I'll stick to facts rather than your observations (feelings).

wow... reaching there... where did I ever say crime is rampant... that is inaccurate and ridiculous...

I will try to spell it out for you...

In the states, even in statistically dangerous areas by staying aware of your surroundings and knowing when and where the crime usually occurs and avoiding those areas during those times the odds of you being a victim of violent crime are drastically lowered.

Over here in Europe... the same thing applies in every major city I have visited... being a foreigner in one of those areas late at night and drunk is an invitation to get rolled. So you stay aware of the high risk areas and avoid then and no crime problem...

But like I said earlier, crime reports that target visitors is suppressed in many areas, so tourist money isn't affected.

The exact same problem that is in every major city in America...

You remind me of those people that screamed there will be blood in the streets, when the stand your ground law went into effect... and it didnt happen.

We get it guns scare you, guess what there is a way to repeal an amendment get on it...and good luck.

I
edit on 19-8-2016 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Y'know, calling people you disagree with delusional isn't a real good way to go about changing their minds.

In fact, I'd go so far as to call it rude, somewhat immature, but not, from you, wholly unexpected. Do have a good day.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I've been several places in the states and over here where if you chat up the cops they will be free with info... about how certain crimes in certain places are not reported because that would be bad for business.

And I never said I feel... so don't put words in my mouth please; its called observing your surroundings and being aware of how things are done.

Also regular briefings given by the military about security concerns are a big assist as well...

Yeah actually thats called micro-perspective. You view your tiny area and then take your views and apply them to the rest of the country.

It's both inaccurate and ridiculous.

It's along the same "No-one I know has cancer, therefore cancer does not exist".

I'll stick to facts rather than your observations (feelings).

wow... reaching there... where did I ever say crime is rampant... that is inaccurate and ridiculous...

I will try to spell it out for you...

In the states, even in statistically dangerous areas by staying aware of your surroundings and knowing when and where the crime usually occurs and avoiding those areas during those times the odds of you being a victim of violent crime are drastically lowered.

Over here in Europe... the same thing applies in every major city I have visited... being a foreigner in one of those areas late at night and drunk is an invitation to get rolled. So you stay aware of the high risk areas and avoid then and no crime problem...

But like I said earlier, crime reports that target visitors is suppressed in many areas, so tourist money isn't affected.

The exact same problem that is in every major city in America...

You remind me of those people that screamed there will be blood in the streets, when the stand your ground law went into effect... and it didnt happen.

We get it guns scare you, guess what there is a way to repeal an amendment get on it...and good luck.

I

So do you have a point at all?

Statistics show you are less safe in America.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Y'know, calling people you disagree with delusional isn't a real good way to go about changing their minds.

In fact, I'd go so far as to call it rude, somewhat immature, but not, from you, wholly unexpected. Do have a good day.

Why do you think i'm trying to change your mind?

I'm guessing you didn't want to answer why you expect others to respect all laws but are happy to pick and choose the ones you want to respect.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

So in your opinion, only the government, police, and military have proven they can be responsible with firearms?

That's one of the most frightening notions I could ever fathom. They have actually proven quite the opposite

No, in the OPs opinion all guns will magically disappear because we live in the land of unicorns and rainbows where nobody would ever think of not turning in their firearms, and nobody would ever think "oh, America has no guns now, let's go take their stuff."

Whatever is being smoked or injected is clearly pretty potent.

It could play out simply. President Hillary Clinton would issue a health emergency. The emergency would declare that firearms pose an immediate risk to public health, safety and most importantly a right to liberty.

The Democrat filled congress will have an emergency session to vote all guns removed from the streets and to be used as scrap in an over whelming majority.

The ATF will work with state and local authorities in collecting guns are various donation centers. The IRS will work in tandem to issue all the proper tax documents.

Meanwhile State and local authorities would be retrained in proper deescalation tactics and non-lethal disarming tactics. Authorities will spend more time practicing community policing rather than using a broken windows model.

The military will be transformed into a major engineering and construction arm of the US. Their operating goal would be to help third worlds countries transition into the 21st century by building infrastructures.

I very rarely comment against trolls but I'm starting to see that it may be much worse than that, sadly.

Your constant indirect and direct insults combined with your never ending process of twisting the facts to better fit your agenda at first marked you as someone just looking to cause trouble here (hence "troll") but now reading your last few posts (especially the one listed above) makes me believe that you are either a troll looking to cause trouble or a child minded adult who is truly incapable of understanding due to some mental condition or more than likely simply an extremely naive ignorant adolescent (due to your last few absurdly naive posts, as quoted).

When you grow-up and experience life in America OP, you will realize that the American gun culture would NEVER under any circumstances give-up or turn over their guns. Even with all your fairy tales of unicorns farting rainbow laughing gas.... what you ask for would set off the bloodiest civil war the likes few have ever witnessed or read in history books.

You have much growing to do OP, mentally if not physically.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join