It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to Repeal the Second Amendment

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Well , you can come and Personally try to take mine away from me , but you may not make it off my property Alive . Sounds like you would be happier living in a Hell Hole like Europe or North Korea .

Europe is a much safer place.

originally posted by: tnhiker
Because criminals will always obey the law. Cold dead fingers and all that noise to the side, the day we start dismantling the fundamentals this country was founded on, the day this country starts to collapse. Fear is the greatest motivator to give up rights. Scare the population and they give up their rights willingly. If you ban guns, what's next? Bleach and ammonia? Fertilizer? Rail guns? Knives? In a crowded area, a Molotov cocktail can do as much if not more damage to people then a gun can.

What's next is America finally joins the ranks of the other civilised countries that don't have obsessions with guns and are far safer places to live because of this. Yay!

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

In my 2 years so far living in Germany I would say Europe is no different than the US as far as safety, knowing where and when not to be is much more important than the laws that are passed.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
here in the UK its very safe regarding guns. They are illegal and hard to come by.
To us the US law seems crazy.
I know this is an emotive issue but we really are all safer without them.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

In my 2 years so far living in Germany I would say Europe is no different than the US as far as safety, knowing where and when not to be is much more important than the laws that are passed.

Unfortunately facts and statistics aren't based on how people feel... but you know, the truth.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

" Europe is a much safer place. "

Sure it is , if you happen to be a Muslim Mate !

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

" What's next is America finally joins the ranks of the other civilised countries that don't have obsessions with guns and are far safer places to live because of this. Yay! .

When they come through your Front Door without knocking , and Haul You away for Imagined or Not Crimes Against the State , what will you do then Mr. Sheepish Grin ?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

" Europe is a much safer place. "

Sure it is , if you happen to be a Muslim Mate !

And this is based on what????

When they come through your Front Door without knocking , and Haul You away for Imagined or Not Crimes Against the State , what will you do then Mr. Sheepish Grin ?

Wow. You are dangerously misinformed and paranoid.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I would say that is a Matter of Opinion .

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I'd say its an uneducated and borderline racist opinion.

Maybe you should check the stats rather than going with your gut.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I've been several places in the states and over here where if you chat up the cops they will be free with info... about how certain crimes in certain places are not reported because that would be bad for business.

And I never said I feel... so don't put words in my mouth please; its called observing your surroundings and being aware of how things are done.

Also regular briefings given by the military about security concerns are a big assist as well...
edit on 18-8-2016 by Irishhaf because: spelling is hard

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I've been several places in the states and over here where if you chat up the cops they will be free with info... about how certain crimes in certain places are not reported because that would be bad for business.

And I never said I feel... so don't put words in my mouth please; its called observing your surroundings and being aware of how things are done.

Also regular briefings given by the military about security concerns are a big assist as well...

Yeah actually thats called micro-perspective. You view your tiny area and then take your views and apply them to the rest of the country.

It's both inaccurate and ridiculous.

It's along the same "No-one I know has cancer, therefore cancer does not exist".

I'll stick to facts rather than your observations (feelings).

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Repeal of the second amendment. that is a joke.

You then have to get the guns from everyone.

Will never happen as most gun owners are more likely to bury there guns then turn them in.

The 5th Amendment covers your right to not open your mouth and incriminate your self.

When they come to your door and ask for your guns you just take the 5th.

They can't arrest every gun owner in the US because it would crash the economy, they do not have the jail cells and there is no way you would find a jury of 12 without some one that believes in the constitution and would vote not guilty.

They banned machine guns in the 1930s.

But on dec 7 1941 after the attack on Pearl Harbor they ask for volunteers to help man the beaches in Hawaii
a number of people showed up with machine guns to man the beaches.

In the EU there are still WW2 machine guns being found under homes where they were buried after the Germans lost them at the end of WW2.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
Repeal of the second amendment. that is a joke.

You then have to get the guns from everyone.

Will never happen as most gun owners are more likely to bury there guns then turn them in.

The 5th Amendment covers your right to not open your mouth and incriminate your self.

When they come to your door and ask for your guns you just take the 5th.

They can't arrest every gun owner in the US because it would crash the economy, they do not have the jail cells and there is no way you would find a jury of 12 without some one that believes in the constitution and would vote not guilty.

They banned machine guns in the 1930s.

But on dec 7 1941 after the attack on Pearl Harbor they ask for volunteers to help man the beaches in Hawaii
a number of people showed up with machine guns to man the beaches.

In the EU there are still WW2 machine guns being found under homes where they were buried after the Germans lost them at the end of WW2.

So your happy to hide behind Amendments and laws if you agree with them, but as soon as they might change you'd go straight to being happy doing something illegal?

I didn't realise there were so many sore losers, if they don't get it their own way they want to throw a tantrum.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Ok. Ive read enough.

To those who say: Having different opinion = Troll? No. Not responding to questions, and continuing the same rhetoric makes him a Troll. Fairly simple concept to grasp really.

On the subject of repealing the 2nd, its just not going to happen. The absolute most is stricter Gun Control, which wont work either. Guns arent even really the problem. People, and extremist ideologies are.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So your happy to hide behind Amendments and laws if you agree with them, but as soon as they might change you'd go straight to being happy doing something illegal?

Well, happy day, you've figured it out!!!

Lex iniusta non est lex--St. Augustine, later quoted by St. Thomas Aquinas. An unjust law is no law.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
1. Unless you're an American citizen living under the protections of the U.S. Constitution, you really don't have a dog in this fight, but feel free to try and continue to tell U.S. Citizens what's best for them from your lofty existence abroad.
2. If you are an American and support 100% gun control, please don't whine to me when you lose your right to be secure from unlawful search and seizure, your right to vote, your right to freedom of religion, and the various other protections that will fall shortly after the 2nd Amendment.
3. If you think gun control is going to fix all the violent crime in the U.S., I have some moon stones to sell you.
4. If you're just afraid of a gun lawfully owned and used by a private U.S. Citizen (when automobiles kill and maim way more people), please secure yourself in your safe plastic bubble in your basement.
5. If you don't understand the U.S. Constitution, please take a Civics course (and not from some liberal professor in a university that needs a "safe space" because its students might be offended because a Pokemon got loose or something).
6. It seriously scares me what will happen to the world the next time a Stalin or Hitler emerge...

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

6. It seriously scares me what will happen to the world the next time a Stalin or Hitler emerge...

You mean Donald or Hillary, don't you?

Them durn ferriners can fuss all they want, it means little to nothing to me. The only ones who matter are those we elect, and whom we need to remonstrate with should they decide to further damage the 2nd amendment...or any other amendment, for that matter.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

I'd say its an uneducated and borderline racist opinion.

Maybe you should check the stats rather than going with your gut.

Do not Pretend to know me Stranger , I am Undefinable . You on the Other hand are Obviously just like your Avatar . Nuff Said .

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Well, happy day, you've figured it out!!!

Lex iniusta non est lex--St. Augustine, later quoted by St. Thomas Aquinas. An unjust law is no law.

And you alone decide whether its unjust or not? Even if it was brought in an accepted by the majority?

So basically any law you don't agree with you are happy to break.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join