It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to Repeal the Second Amendment

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You forgot that an armed society is also a responsible one. Because most ate law abiding

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
No, it isn't.
It's time America returned to the rule of law and upheld the Constitution as the law of the land.
It is a way of checking the power of the majority to ensure that individuals could never lose their rights.
It's why we're a Republic and not a Democracy.
The mob is easily led by the media and popular culture, I daresay few escape it's all encompassing influence.
Right now the oligarchs are worried more about guns in the hands of citizens than in the hands of terrorists.
What does that tell you?
Laws are easily skirted anyway, unless your a law-abiding citizen.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
We are a civilized society? Now i know you are living in freaking lala land.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype
His building has a doorman....my house has guns.

He just doesn't understand, I don't want his world and he can't dictate mine.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Nah, we don't need to ban guns....instead I hereby announce that we should act like the normals from history...I've got my heart set on it, and I've counted to three....

edit on 1-8-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

NOPE .I'm still here...sorry, I WAS rooting for you though...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

For someone from TX, I would have assumed you went through some TX history.

Come and take it! Is NOT a meme.

In early January 1831, Green DeWitt wrote to Ramón Músquiz, the top political official of Bexar, and requested armament for defense of the colony of Gonzales. This request was granted by delivery of a small used cannon. The small bronze cannon was received by the colony and signed for on March 10, 1831, by James Tumlinson, Jr.[5] The swivel cannon was mounted to a blockhouse in Gonzales and later was the object of Texas pride. At the minor skirmish known as the Battle of Gonzales—the first battle of the Texas Revolution against Mexico—a small group of Texians successfully resisted the Mexican forces who had orders from Colonel Domingo de Ugartechea to seize their cannon. As a symbol of defiance, the Texians had fashioned a flag containing the phrase "come and take it" along with a black star and an image of the cannon which they had received four years earlier from Mexican officials. This was the same message that was sent to the Mexican government when they told the Texians to return the cannon; lack of compliance with the initial demands led to the failed attempt by the Mexican military to forcefully take back the cannon.[6] Replicas of the original flag can be seen in the Texas State Capitol, the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum, the Sam Houston State University CJ Center, the University of Texas at El Paso Library, the Marine Military Academy headquarters building, the Hockaday School Hoblitzelle Auditorium, and in Perkins Library at Duke University.

Source

It also dates back to the American Revolution. The British, as well as the Imperial Mexican had ain't gun policies. Much like Hitler, Stalin, etc.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

Just facilitating people thinking through this.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-Benjamin Franklin

Liberty and safety, our right to own guns and safety. Same thing. No difference.

And the sad part is....the vast majority of you will attack without even knowing what is meant here. Assumptions will be made. And you'll feel righteous in doing so. Benjamin Franklin would weep.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

Now, If you owned a gun a rifle for the defense of your homestead in the woods, I find that to be understandable but there are plenty of counter measures you can still deploy...

I would suggest that YOU should behave, be polite and not get into trouble. Stay out of bars at night. You will never encounter a firearm.

If you don't support the US Constitution, made by people who were brilliant, then perhaps you should move to Australia. In fact, maybe you are not a US resident. You might know that Australia did this 'gun confiscation' and their murders and violent crimes are on the increase.

Let us know what it's like down there, won't you?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

So a different opinion equals troll?.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

Now, If you owned a gun a rifle for the defense of your homestead in the woods, I find that to be understandable but there are plenty of counter measures you can still deploy...

If you don't support the US Constitution, made by people who were brilliant, then perhaps you should move to Australia. In fact, maybe you are not a US resident. You might know that Australia did this 'gun confiscation' and their murders and violent crimes are on the increase.

Let us know what it's like down there, won't you?

That's your response? If you don't like it, get out? This Country was founded on Dissent. I will continue my duty as a patriot and fight against the grain and challenge authority.
edit on 2-8-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I hate guns but If I lived in the states I would have one because of the wild animals there...worse we get around here is angry badgers.
I mean bears dude? oh and nasty folk with guns.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
dude is that orion on your back !!!??? a reply to: thesungod

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
How about we just go back to interpreting the 2nd Amendment how it was before the NRA got involved?

Would you all be happy with that? Or do you not want to change this Amended 2nd Amendment and get angry when anyone suggests Amending it again.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Why yes, yes I would.

My rifle above the mantle where it's convenient to hand. My handgun, which ever one I choose on my hip where it's handy for snakes of which ever variety I may have to deal with in my day to day life should it be necessary

...and folks leave me alone to live my life as I choose to live it, so long as I live within certain boundaries of the society I live in, just as I leave them alone to pursue their own lives within those same societal boundaries.

What is it about that that is so hard for some to understand?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: SudoNim

Why yes, yes I would.

My rifle above the mantle where it's convenient to hand. My handgun, which ever one I choose on my hip where it's handy for snakes of which ever variety I may have to deal with in my day to day life should it be necessary

...and folks leave me alone to live my life as I choose to live it, so long as I live within certain boundaries of the society I live in, just as I leave them alone to pursue their own lives within those same societal boundaries.

What is it about that that is so hard for some to understand?

Oh, that's a shame. You are no longer allowed to store loaded weapons in your home. Hunting and self defence are no longer reasons to own a firearm.

Since you have a desire to be left alone, i'm guessing you don't fit the criteria for joining the local militia either if needed. I'm afraid, you don't fit the amendment criteria for gun ownership. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If one thinks they will stop with the second amendment....

One may not realize what the document was written for....

And that is pretty much the only reason this topic ever comes up....

1984 is becoming reality....

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Well , you can come and Personally try to take mine away from me , but you may not make it off my property Alive . Sounds like you would be happier living in a Hell Hole like Europe or North Korea .

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Because criminals will always obey the law. Cold dead fingers and all that noise to the side, the day we start dismantling the fundamentals this country was founded on, the day this country starts to collapse. Fear is the greatest motivator to give up rights. Scare the population and they give up their rights willingly. If you ban guns, what's next? Bleach and ammonia? Fertilizer? Rail guns? Knives? In a crowded area, a Molotov cocktail can do as much if not more damage to people then a gun can.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join