It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to Repeal the Second Amendment

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchAngel_X

Look, this isn't exactly a secret. You don't think the founding fathers had the ability to plan for the future? They were quite clear about their intentions, the intent of the 2nd amendment was to prevent tyranny in their own government. The army could deal with foreign nations, only the populace could deal with a tyrannical government if they had no backing from the military.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
is it just me.. but if someone came to my house to take my firearms, I would try killing them... I don't CARE.. the first one will die before the rest get me...

MOΛΩN ΛABE
edit on 8/1/2016 by ware2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
Look, this isn't exactly a secret. You don't think the founding fathers had the ability to plan for the future? They were quite clear about their intentions, the intent of the 2nd amendment was to prevent tyranny in their own government. The army could deal with foreign nations, only the populace could deal with a tyrannical government if they had no backing from the military.

So you're telling me that in the 225 years since the ratification of the Second Amendment, the American populace has never had to exercise it once - despite nearly every administration since WW2 being more tyrannical than the previous in my humble opinion?

If it hasn't been used it's because it's never been needed. I cannot comprehend using such a remote possibility as a vague justification to maintain a culture of consensual mass murder of thousands every year.

If Americans fear their government that much, then they've done it wrong.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: elchucko
Well, if he's a criminal it will make his criminal work a bit safer. The only folks I know that are in favor of gun grabbing are criminals who break into people's houses and steal from them. Their fear of being shot in the midst of their robberies is more than enough to make them cry for gun confiscation.
He has the right to his opinion and I have the right to keep my gun to protect myself from people like him.
None of my guns have ever killed another human but one of them kept my Beloved from being severely injured or killed by a tweeked-out meth-head with a chain saw. Even a crazy-on-drugs methie recognizes that a shotgun beats a chainsaw every day of the week.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Individually yes, MANY times a day apparently or Chicago would be wiped out by now. ACTUAL militia battles, We doubted they're that stupid,THEN came Hillary...and Epsilon Semi Morons ...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

That's not a problem with the Founding Fathers, that's a problem with the population. This was clearly their intent it's not their fault that humans are collectively bumbling morons at the best of times. Add modern propaganda methods, great prosperity, widespread ignorance and bread and circuses to this equation and it's easy to see what went wrong.

The Founding Fathers were brilliant men but they couldn't foresee everything that technological innovation would bring and there were limits on what they could do. But they did warn explicitly of exactly what has happened.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around(these banks) will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Unless all firearms are remove from the planet, there will be some using them to kill people. There are laws that are meant to keep firearms out of the possession of certain people - we see how well that works.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

That is a hard truth.

When a govt ceases to fear its citizens tyranny begins.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

A culture of "consensual mass murder"? Slow down.. you're starting to sound like some America hating hippie now.

We don't take kindly to your kind around here. Watch it or you might come off as some kind of communist sympathiser.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti
You keep thinking that. Look at gun ownership. I think you are in for a VERY rude awakening.

Over 300 million registered weapons in the United States will make for fine scrape. I hope you're alive to see the day we choose peace and love over fear and violence.

Love,

Harry

Protection is protection... the tool used is irrelevant.

Attention is a hell of a drug, the OP can't get enough.

PS... There will never be total peace. Deal with it princess!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I guess you missed that little skirmish from 1861-1864 called the Civil War. That was citizens, collectively using their 2nd Amendment right to separate and overthrow a growing federalist encroachment into the south. That, among other things were the causes of that little event.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

AW come on ,THATS a weekend compared to what I'm talking about here.
WHOLE country stuff, all lit up by pros,...DOGS AND CATS...very bad idea.
We can't get rid of guns in a blink.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
That's not a problem with the Founding Fathers, that's a problem with the population. This was clearly their intent it's not their fault that humans are collectively bumbling morons at the best of times. Add modern propaganda methods, great prosperity, widespread ignorance and bread and circuses to this equation and it's easy to see what went wrong.

The Founding Fathers were brilliant men but they couldn't foresee everything that technological innovation would bring and there were limits on what they could do. But they did warn explicitly of exactly what has happened.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around(these banks) will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”

originally posted by: Krakatoa
I guess you missed that little skirmish from 1861-1864 called the Civil War. That was citizens, collectively using their 2nd Amendment right to separate and overthrow a growing federalist encroachment into the south. That, among other things were the causes of that little event.

Hmm. Very fair rebuttals on both counts. It does not affect my core opinion on the matter, but it does make me happy to see such succinct replies to counter my arguments. Well done!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
2nd Amendment:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

This is a very reasonable law, though today it is obviously being abused, and just relates to the concept that in self-defense or fighting against tyranny a person can utilize a lawful weapon.
A person can utilize anything within reason as a weapon to defend themselves or their rights and fight tyranny.

It’s out of English common law…

Within reason means that the state can prohibit certain levels of weaponry; such a person can be excluded from making atomic bombs in their garage or more realistically from having grenades and other high level military weaponry.

The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that the right belongs to individuals,[5][6] while also ruling that the right is not unlimited and does not prohibit all regulation of either firearms or similar devices.[7] State and local governments are limited to the same extent as the federal government from infringing this right per the incorporation of the Bill of Rights.

The Second Amendment was based partially on the right to keep and bear arms in English common law and was influenced by the English Bill of Rights of 1689. Sir William Blackstone described this right as an auxiliary right, supporting the natural rights of self-defense, resistance to oppression, and the civic duty to act in concert in defense of the state.[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

It's Time to Repeal the Second Amendment

I say fine repeal it , we need change and I hope the OP leads the charge in the confiscating firearms.
Take a stand come take the guns from the US citizenship. Save us from the evil that is S&W and colt, ECT. Etc.

But, if you knock on my door pray for the best and prepare for the worst. So with that little bit of satire, I leave you to your keyboard ninja skills. GOOOOO!!!!!!! TEAM!!!!!!!! Keyboard ninja.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
As I always opine in such discussions:

I am a pacifist. I don't own a gun or want a gun.

And I will never advocate the repeal or even further curtailment of the 2nd amendment. I respect your opinion however.

Peace.
edit on 8/1/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

You'd need a non-political national mental health system first.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Nevermind, I spoke out of my arse. Reread carry on.
edit on 1-8-2016 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I would make one tiny correction to your post.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It's for the free State not a free state.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: roadgravel

You'd need a non-political national mental health system first.

I agree! Maybe get the CDC to do a few studies?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join