It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to Repeal the Second Amendment

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I think framing this in a partisan light is a mistake and I agree with you.

To me, at this stage of our history, repealing the second amendment is an existential threat.

The most powerful nation on earth in the hands of people who don't fear violent reprisal is not just dangerous for us, but for the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

There is literally not one thing that is simple about that, and you completely (and intentionally) did not address anything I actually said in your pursuit of unicorn farts.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You think Muslim criminals are funded by Russia and the US? Ordinary gangs in Europe are not armed by either Russia or the US. I take it you misunderstood that sentence there. When talking of Europe why would I mean Middle Eastern terrorist organisations? Do they operate openly within Europe and are they in such extreme demand of weapons that they need to buy it from state actors? Probably not.

Now, please comment on the rest of the post because so far you've only replied to a point that you didn't even interpret correctly.

You're not an adult.. if you're out on yachts somewhere discussing the politics of guns with constitutional scholars I just talked to the ghost of Thomas Jefferson. Guess what he told me? He told me you're a traitor..

Typical liberals..

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Yea that whole ignoring most of something and incorrectly "understanding" one other thing is sort of a recurring theme with some folks.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

You think Muslim criminals are funded by Russia and the US? Ordinary gangs in Europe are not armed by either Russia or the US. I take it you misunderstood that sentence there. When talking of Europe why would I mean Middle Eastern terrorist organisations? Do they operate openly within Europe and are they in such extreme demand of weapons that they need to buy it from state actors? Probably not.

Now, please comment on the rest of the post because so far you've only replied to a point that you didn't even interpret correctly.

You're not an adult.. if you're out on yachts somewhere discussing the politics of guns with constitutional scholars I just talked to the ghost of Thomas Jefferson. Guess what he told me? He told me you're a traitor..

Typical liberals..

I would argue that I'm a true patriot. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism there is mate!

I do apologize. Sometimes I get easily distracted.

Muslim gangbangers in Europe... Are they really just running around shooting people up in Europe on a daily basis? I know in here in the US there's a daily occurrence of murders that included a firearm.

The government will no longer be in the business of warfare. They will only be focused on engineering projects.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Yea that whole ignoring most of something and incorrectly "understanding" one other thing is sort of a recurring theme with some folks.

Just hand over your gun. What do you honestly need it for?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

1. It is one of the most idiotic, ignorant, unfounded, clueless notions I've seen in a long time that society has gotten BETTER, GOODer, safer, saner, yada yada yada. The oligarchy and all the demons in hell have OBVIOUSLY been shoving it toward all the evils of hell in excess many times over for many decades. It still boggles my mind to realize that some folks are still unaware of that.

2. The oligarchy's reign of terror, evil, chaos, blood-lust for chaos and deadly mayhem; fueling every criminal enterprise and violent acting out parties imaginable is reaching extreme proportions.

3. Hopefully, your neighbors on all sides will put signs in their yards pointing violent thieves toward your house as the easiest and safest for them to burgle, violently act out in etc. etc. Given your stance, you may as well go whole hog and be the poster house on the block inviting the criminals with guns to do their thing at your place with relative impunity.

4. And, PLEASE, insure that you spend virtually all your time in "gun free" zones. I think Darwin has a much better chance when folks against the 2nd amendment behave accordingly.

[written only very slightly fingers in cheek]

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Which part of political tyrants throughout history

FIRST took arms from the citizens before ramping up the tyranny to great degrees . . .

which part of that do you fail to understand/comprehend?

Have you read the George Washington quote hereon about such things . . . to the effect that governments that take arms are to be avoided, not trusted etc. etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Oh, and I never said anything about the OP being a troll... you opened that can of worms trying to defend him from an accusation I did not elucidate.
*sings*
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run

So now that we've established that you think the OP is trolling, why are you defending him? What's your motive here?

Many other did. Read the thread.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

1. It is one of the most idiotic, ignorant, unfounded, clueless notions I've seen in a long time that society has gotten BETTER, GOODer, safer, saner, yada yada yada. The oligarchy and all the demons in hell have OBVIOUSLY been shoving it toward all the evils of hell in excess many times over for many decades. It still boggles my mind to realize that some folks are still unaware of that.

But it has gotten better.

2. The oligarchy's reign of terror, evil, chaos, blood-lust for chaos and deadly mayhem; fueling every criminal enterprise and violent acting out parties imaginable is reaching extreme proportions.

You watch too much TV

3. Hopefully, your neighbors on all sides will put signs in their yards pointing violent thieves toward your house as the easiest and safest for them to burgle, violently act out in etc. etc. Given your stance, you may as well go whole hog and be the poster house on the block inviting the criminals with guns to do their thing at your place with relative impunity.

I live in a doorman building. We don't have yards of grass. We have a beautiful atrium. There is a little area for notices and I have published my literature there.

4. And, PLEASE, insure that you spend virtually all your time in "gun free" zones. I think Darwin has a much better chance when folks against the 2nd amendment behave accordingly.

[written only very slightly fingers in cheek]

I spend a lot of time in gun free zones. Safest place to be!

I love you,

Harry

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Which part of political tyrants throughout history

FIRST took arms from the citizens before ramping up the tyranny to great degrees . . .

which part of that do you fail to understand/comprehend?

Have you read the George Washington quote hereon about such things . . . to the effect that governments that take arms are to be avoided, not trusted etc. etc.

You sound very scared about everything.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yes they do..

You're too awfully naive to even discuss this with.. Here's what you do, if you think there's credence to that idea of yours you should write some kind of political thesis and see what kind of response you can garner from academia. But unless they're all 12 year old I doubt they'll do anything but instantly dismiss it.

The concept of realpolitik must be foreign to your mind. Pray tell, what would happen to international relations if the US left a military vacuum like that on the World stage? Did this even cross that astute mind of yours? China would never to try to fill it by any chance?

If you want him to hand over his gun, I want you to hand over your political sovereignty. How can a successful democracy be run when adults such as yourself base their opinions on ideas that belong in kindergarten? The age of voting should be raised and people should take mandatory classes in critical thinking, propaganda and mind control. After all, you people speak of gun courses and all this red tape and legislation.. how about we extend such formalities to voting too? After all, the political machinery of the US government controls the deadliest weapon on the planet: the US military.

a reply to: Shamrock6

Agreed.. I wish that just for once someone would admit a wrong.. just once! Some intellectual character and some god damn honesty on the internet.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Being Canadian I really have no horse in this race. My opinion can easily be dismissed by either side of this debate, but perhaps having an outsider's view on this matter might lend an additional perspective?

I personally view the Second Amendment as a vaguely-worded relic that no longer has any real bearing or importance on the average American, and either needs to be redefined as to bring it into proper 21'st century relevance given the advanced state of weapons technology, or be repealed entirely.

It is my belief, given my understanding of American history, that the original purpose of the amendment was to dissuade the invasion by any foreign power (namely Britain) onto American soil, by having a well-armed populace. I hate to be the one to inform my neighbors to the south that the British invasion plans have been canceled. Put down your muskets and please resume your lives.
edit on 1-8-2016 by ArchAngel_X because: Typos galore!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Our furry friend posts almost nothing but bait threads looking to stir animosity between the left and right.

If you choose not to see it that's your prerogative, but I am going to continue to point it out when I come across it.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchAngel_X

Yeah, we hear that alot...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

He is a yeti, you cant take yetis too serious, thats how they gone extinct.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchAngel_X

You're wrong though. It was to fight tyranny in their own government.

I'm not an American either but I'm not gonna let that get in the way of pointing out the flaws in the arguments of proponents of gun control. Where's the fun in that?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
You're wrong though. It was to fight tyranny in their own government.

But which government? The British government of King George III that originally controlled the colonies to which they rebelled against, or an American government? The British surrendered in 1781; the Second Amendment wasn't ratified until a decade later.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
when China takes over they will repeal everything

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I spend a lot of time in gun free zones. Safest place to be!

I( hope your good luck continues......

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join