It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Traditionally, political parties used to just select their candidates behind closed doors without ANY input from the populace. This whole "vote for your primary candidate" thing is new with modern times.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I did. You must have missed it.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If some of the Hillary supporters are so interested in perfection and honesty, why do you keep voting the same crooks in office?

And remember, the majority choose Obama over Hillary,

NOW YOU LIKE HER?

YOU LIKE HER?

SERIOUSLY?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I did. You must have missed it.

Sorry, please provide a link.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

It was in reply to your comment.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The OP... the OP mentioned womaniser and it was implied to be derogatory.

I find that extremely offensive and I think that comments like that shows the true colours of OP, that this person is doling out these frivolous and extremely insulting comments from a place of privilege. She really ought to check that privilege by herself but since she isn't I'm doing it for her. Being unaware is no excuse these days, it's 2016 folks..

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

What are you talking about? A clinical assessment is handled in a number of ways. Observation is a big one....
Informants are a second big way....

an interview with the subject is not always possible. Anyone who is educated in this field knows that. Forensic psychology. Profiling. Surely you've heard of it. If a person has become comatose or noncommunicative (or dead), figuring out what happened to them is crucial. That is achieved by talking to those who had dealings with the person.

You're just being ridiculous now. Trump is a self-absorbed megalomaniac with pathological social issues. That is a fact.

Just because you fancy yourself a deep thinking philosopher doesn't make it so.
Just because he thinks that having a wall on our Southern border with T R U M P in 20-foot letters will be sufficient to 'prove' the USA is "great again" doesn't make it so.
He's doing nothing but trying to "brand" this nation, and thinks that by the very virtue of the 20-foot high letters it will BE GREAT AGAIN, without him doing anything. It's preposterous.

edit on 8/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Oh. Well, I gotta say, I wholeheartedly disagree with that portrayal of her.
Perhaps you are being triggered by something else?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think in this race that will cut both ways. I do not see many people voting FOR anyone in this contest. I see votes cast AGAINST. NOT Trump and NOT Hillary.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

What are you talking about? A clinical assessment is handled in a number of ways. Observation is a big one....
Informants are a second big way....

an interview with the subject is not always possible. Anyone who is educated in this field knows that. Forensic psychology. Profiling. Surely you've heard of it. If a person has become comatose or noncommunicative (or dead), figuring out what happened to them is crucial. That is achieved by talking to those who had dealings with the person.

You're just being ridiculous now. Trump is a self-absorbed megalomaniac with pathological social issues. That is a fact.

Just because you fancy yourself a deep thinking philosopher doesn't make it so.
Just because he thinks that having a wall on our Southern border with T R U M P in 20-foot letters will be sufficient to 'prove' the USA is "great again" doesn't make it so.
He's doing nothing but trying to "brand" this nation, and thinks that by the very virtue of the 20-foot high letters it will BE GREAT AGAIN, without him doing anything. It's preposterous.

Trump isn't comatose or dead. You are being ridiculous now.

Your personal attacks are increasingly lazy. But that must be your cognitive dissonance.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: jimmyx

So all the super delegates that declared for Hillary on day 1, making it almost impossible for bernie to have a shot had no bearing what so ever on the process?

I believe earlier in the thread it was refered to as subverting the democratic process... oh wait... now its conveniently buried under the "fact" that the party is an independent entity that can do what they want...

that fact to should enrage the general populace... instead we have to many people lining up behind their "team"...

what you do not take into account is the 3+ million more votes that Hillary received, which has nothing to do with those "super delegates".....they WOULD come into play if.....a left-wing nutcase, in the same vain as a trump, would start pulling in a majority of votes.....super-delegates are like the handy "fire extinguisher" you keep around for a out of control kitchen stove fire.....maybe if the republicans had them, they could have had a more sane and effective presidential-nominee who they didn't have to do damage control on a weekly basis.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

Why did he feel the need to mock a disabled man? That is a sign of insecurity in a stressful situation.

I think he mocked him because the reporter was backing away from his own story, but I don't claim special insight into Trump's mind like others seem to do.

Apparently you have enough insights into Trumps mind to ascertain his stress levels. Now who's playing armchair Therapist?

pwned.....?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Why did he feel the need to mock a disabled man? That is a sign of insecurity in a stressful situation.

I think he mocked him because the reporter was backing away from his own story, but I don't claim special insight into Trump's mind like others seem to do.

Apparently you have enough insights into Trumps mind to ascertain his stress levels. Now who's playing armchair Therapist?

pwned.....?

I said it appears he is not stressed. Owned.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I think in this race that will cut both ways. I do not see many people voting FOR anyone in this contest. I see votes cast AGAINST. NOT Trump and NOT Hillary.

I don't think that's true at all.

Everyone I know personally is voting for Hillary, because they want Hillary.

But, you're not gonna find that on ATS.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm voting for hillary for more reason than JUST she isn't Trump. That is a big reason, but another reason that I'm voting for her is because she'd be four more years of Obama. I'm already with that. She may not be super trustful, but I know that the country won't end up much worse or more effed up then it already is because of her. In fact, we'll probably continue to advance many progressive projects that were started under Obama. Things like gay and transgender rights, steps to combat MM climate change, marijuana decriminalization and ultimately legalization, advancement of social programs, etc. Plus she has been pulled to the left by Bernie, so seeing how that will change the democratic policies is something I want to see.

link   
"Nice" is a relative term. I believe he meant he has been nicer than he could have been until now.

He didn't say khazir did not have a right to speech per the first amendment. He said he should not have been speaking at the DNC. When bill was running for POTUS there were plenty of protesters who wanted to share their opinion. On one occasion in Chicago they were put in a fenced in enclosure several blocks away from where he was speaking, and completely out of camera view unless the media went to them. At that time the protesters said they were being denied the right to speak. The democrats said no, you have the right to speak, just not 'here'. Same thing, but let me guess - when democrats do it, its ok, right?

This is just a hit piece, nothing more. I and many others could write some scathing pieces on killary. But we don't. We know that the people who can see the truth already know it and the people who are truly suffering from cognitive dissonance will never get it. The woman lies every time she opens her mouth. Saying she is a politician does not make that ok. Her lies endanger national security and get people killed. Yet you found it necessary to write a hit piece on Trump.

Anyone willing to deny and ignore what that witch has done, and continues to do, is truly desperate. I feel sorry for her followers.

link   

Yes because Johnson (a guy that supports TPP) or Stein are the only 2 options out there...

I have voted for a republican 1 time.. and third party every other time starting with Perot the first time.

How have I missed your point? Almost every single thread involving politics since Trump took a lead and you have become a frothing at the mouth Hillary cheerleader.

A lady that wouldnt know truth if it bit her on the butt, I know you think the email thing was a Republican witch hunt... but what she did was wrong and anyone else would have gone to jail... and people like you just look the other way.

That is what frustrates me a ton, seeing so many other wise intelligent people being reduced to no you arguments over two people that should never so much as sniff the oval office... yet the majority of the voting populace will continue to run around in circles yapping while the crooks in DC clean out whats left in the bank.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Trump isn't comatose or dead.

Nope, he's not.
You know what else he is NOT? Able to see how he is. He's too wrapped up in himself to have any insight into himself.
He's inconsistent.

He's only a few steps away from word salad.
So how about you stop talking about me, as well as what you know nothing about. mk?

Trump is atypical. (edit for correction. He is "atypical" not 'a typical'.) Functional, yes. Healthy physically, yes. Functionally Healthy? - not mentally. So just get over yourself.
Prove to us that you can do it. He never will be able to do that, ever.

edit on 8/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm voting for hillary for more reason than JUST she isn't Trump. That is a big reason, but another reason that I'm voting for her is because she'd be four more years of Obama. I'm already with that. She may not be super trustful, but I know that the country won't end up much worse or more effed up then it already is because of her. In fact, we'll probably continue to advance many progressive projects that were started under Obama. Things like gay and transgender rights, steps to combat MM climate change, marijuana decriminalization and ultimately legalization, advancement of social programs, etc. Plus she has been pulled to the left by Bernie, so seeing how that will change the democratic policies is something I want to see.

I'm voting for Hillary on purpose too.

Equal Rights probably #1 reason.

But, also - - this is something she's worked for all her life. I think she wants to be the best president America has ever had.

She's serious about this "job".

edit on 1-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

pwned.....?

I said it appears he is not stressed. Owned.

It appears to me that he IS stressed from his body language, syntax and obvious insecurity revealed by his mocking anyone that disagrees with him.
No Class!! No grace under pressure. That's stress amigo!
edit on 1-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join