It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You sound just like him.

No, Trump uses much, much smaller words.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I don't think you are a dummy, nor have I said that. We've never met.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

You sound just like him.

No, Trump uses much, much smaller words.

I bet you hold everyone to the same standard.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thank you for proving my point... the only thing you care about is "your team" winning... I understand the process quite well hence my calling it rigged, they are choosing the "winner" and the will of the people can go hang...

Also he would have been screwed trying to go independent as well, if you want a serious shot right now at the oval office you have to play ball with the big 2, which is part of what a growing number of people want to change... less than 50% of registered voters are with either party and the number is declining each year.

Crap like they both have pulled this year will continue to force people into the arms of the third parties and eventually the very laws they passed to keep third parties from becoming a problem will end up being the death of the big 2.

It is astonishing that some folks cant understand why our country is so fubared, and it has nothing to do with republicans or democrats.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Your words have served as surrogate.
edit on 8/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Your words have served as surrogate.

If that's how you read them. But that's your mistake, not mine.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gin

Oh which one of those top U.S. psychiatrists are you?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

No sir. What you write is your expression of yourself. My response to what you write is due to what you write.

Anyway, as I was saying, someone who renounces the fact that they have indeed corresponded with someone is clearly self-absorbed.

Because a self-absorbed person tends to do that. They can be introduced to someone, even have a dialogue and several conversations (correspondences in this case) with them, and then the next time they are in the same place have no recollection of it at all. Because they are self-absorbed, and not good listeners. That is Donald Trump.

He believes just the fact that he is President is all the US needs. He's doing nothing more than "Branding" this nation.

Trump airlines, steak, cologne, clothes, board game, hotels, apartment buildings, golf courses, 'universities', and finally - what more could a person want???? Oh, an entire country. And if that works ------ it's like he's playing Risk, but with real life.

edit on 8/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

sorry pal, nobody "rigged" my primary vote for Hillary. Bernie simply could not convince me that the congress (no matter which party in in power) would authorize the multi-trillions (with a T) needed to fund all the programs that he promised....for the vast majority of democrats, they do have a sense of reasonableness in spending money (we actually have personal budgets that we have to live by)......and how can you "rig" a primary election where Hillary got 3+MILLION more votes than Bernie?....are you saying that each of the thousands of voting precincts "rigged" the vote for Hillary?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

No sir. What you write is your expression of yourself. My response to what you write is due to what you write.

But my response to what you wrote was due to what you wrote. Since we're playing armchair psychologist, maybe you're projecting?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thank you for proving my point... the only thing you care about is "your team" winning... I understand the process quite well hence my calling it rigged, they are choosing the "winner" and the will of the people can go hang...

*eyeroll*. You clearly missed my point. Oh well. I don't want to have a tedious back and forth of "nuh huh you are wrong!"

Also he would have been screwed trying to go independent as well, if you want a serious shot right now at the oval office you have to play ball with the big 2, which is part of what a growing number of people want to change... less than 50% of registered voters are with either party and the number is declining each year.

Crap like they both have pulled this year will continue to force people into the arms of the third parties and eventually the very laws they passed to keep third parties from becoming a problem will end up being the death of the big 2.

So I hope you are voting for Gary Johnson or Jill Stein, otherwise your rhetoric here rings rather hallow.

It is astonishing that some folks cant understand why our country is so fubared, and it has nothing to do with republicans or democrats.

It's astonishing that people think that just because someone else doesn't have their personal concerns that they think the other person is ignorant of them. Your assumptions are terrible.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I said: How is any of this cognitive dissonance? Cognitive dissonance is a form of stress, which Trump does not display at all.

If he wasn't stressed....

Why did he feel the need to mock a disabled man? That is a sign of insecurity in a stressful situation.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

LOL!! No, actually I'm a psychologist. Clinical Social Worker. Clinician. Professional.

Gin

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Oh which one of those top U.S. psychiatrists are you?

I'm not, never implied so. You seem to be stuck on page 3 as you've replied to the same post twice now. Whole point is, the article in OP this message is related to is completely ridiculous. No professional psychiatrist would ever do diagnosis from a distance of a person who they haven't even met face to face.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

No professional psychiatrist would ever do diagnosis from a distance of a person who they haven't even met face to face.

Yes, they would. If they had to. Informants are the next best thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
let me ask the trump voters that if you believe in his business acumen and business successes, why won't banks lend him money, due to him (in their own paraphrased words) being a credit risk?...if he is such a sure thing for creating jobs, why would he file for multiple bankruptcies throwing thousands of people out of their jobs. if he adheres to conservative thinking, why would Paul Ryan, chairman and speaker of the house of representatives (third in line to become president) constantly have to "scold and denounce" him, for what he says?....why did the top leaders in the republican party avoid even being seen at the RNC, let alone speak there?....
edit on 1-8-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Why did he feel the need to mock a disabled man? That is a sign of insecurity in a stressful situation.

I think he mocked him because the reporter was backing away from his own story, but I don't claim special insight into Trump's mind like others seem to do.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

So all the super delegates that declared for Hillary on day 1, making it almost impossible for bernie to have a shot had no bearing what so ever on the process?

I believe earlier in the thread it was refered to as subverting the democratic process... oh wait... now its conveniently buried under the "fact" that the party is an independent entity that can do what they want...

that fact to should enrage the general populace... instead we have to many people lining up behind their "team"...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I bet you hold everyone to the same standard.

Still waiting for you to refute what I said about him. Many of his business ventures attest to his poor judgement, as does burning political bridges with rivals he might need supporting him later on. He has openly mused about letting the US default on its debt. He does not seem to realize that the United States is not the only country that would be affected. As for being a liar?

www.dailywire.com...

As for his education?

In the August 6th Republican candidates debate, Trump answered the moderators’ questions with linguistic austerity. Run through the Flesch-Kincaid grade-level test, his text of responses score at the 4th-grade reading level. For Trump, that’s actually pretty advanced.

www.politico.com...

His lack of curiosity?

But Donald Trump is not much of a reader, despite having written The Art of the Deal, “the number 1 selling business book of all time.” Asked by Megyn Kelly what his favorite book is besides The Art of the Deal, Trump chose All Quiet on the Western Front. (Not sure what happened to the Bible!) Kelly, perhaps sensing that Trump may not have read a book since sixth grade, asked him to name the last book he read. “I read passages, I read areas, chapters, I don’t have the time,” Trump said. “When was the last time I watched a baseball game? I’m watching you all the time.”

newrepublic.com...

His ties to Yanukovych?

Trump’s top adviser, Paul Manafort, has spent much of his recent career working for pro-Russian forces in Ukraine, and doing complex deals for an oligarch with close ties to Putin. And while a Democratic senator has already charged Trump is not responsible enough to receive secret information, Manafort’s deep relationships with top pro-Russian figures raise special concerns.

Manafort may be best known for managing the 2010 campaign of Viktor Yanukovych, the Ukrainian politician whose ouster as president prompted a Russian invasion of the country. He has, according to court documents, managed tens of millions of dollars for Oleg Deripaska, an oligarch denied entry to the U.S. reportedly for ties to organized crime, but so close to Vladimir Putin that top Russian officials fought (unsuccessfully) to get him a visa.

Gary Schmitt, a former Reagan Administration official now at the American Enterprise Institute, said he believed Manafort’s ties merit extra scrutiny.
“If Trump is to be given access to sensitive intelligence, which can’t help but implicitly involve even more sensitive information about ‘sources and methods,’ then it’s imperative that any campaign staff who have had commercial ties with foreign governments and politicians not be given access as well until they have gone through a full, thorough background check — not the typical perfunctory review,” he said.

“Given his dubious foreign connections, it’s fair to assume that many in the intelligence and national security community would be extremely wary of him handling or receiving material at even the lowest level of classification,” said Adam Blickstein, a former aide to former Obama defense secretary Robert Gates.

[Edit for brevity--DJW001]

“Ties to Russia and the Kremlin would without question be a matter of concern. He’d have to explain in far more detail what the contact has been. That will have to be fleshed out in far more detail,” said Moss. “It would be difficult — but not impossible — to imagine security clearing him.”

A former Republican national security official put it more bluntly: “He’s an intelligence classification vetting nightmare scenario.”

Manafort’s close ties to Russia’s authoritarian ruler match Trump’s own praise for Putin. Putin — whose project of undermining his western antagonists by any means has often included support for right-wing populists — last year called Trump a “bright and talented” figure, and Russia’s propaganda outlets have amplified the American’s campaign. Trump responded to Putin’s praise in kind, saying that “he’s running his country and at least he’s a leader, unlike what we have in this country,” and avoided condemning the murders of journalists in Putin’s Russia.

[Edit for brevity. --DJW001]

Trump has disturbed critics of Russia by suggesting the United States should not let the invasion of Ukraine get in the way of vaguely-described dealmaking.

www.buzzfeed.com...

edit on 1-8-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

LOL!! No, actually I'm a psychologist. Clinical Social Worker. Clinician. Professional.

Even better. Do you regularly do a diagnosis without a clinical assessment?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join