It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

How is any of this cognitive dissonance? Cognitive dissonance is a form of stress, which Trump does not display at all.

What?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah, might be interesting to look into the tax returns of the Clinton Foundation.

soulwaxer

Clinton has posted her tax returns going back 40 years already. Knock yourself out.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Show me how this is subverting the democratic process?

Or is your only gripe that it occurred to the DNC and not the RNC?

You think they wouldn't do it to the RNC if it fit their needs... of course they would, they are a different nation they care nothing for us except for how they can use us for their benefit... just like any of our allies.

They think they can get a better deal from Trump so of course they are trying to sway things... but unless we have another instance of 115% of registered voters voting in a district its not subverting anything.

You should be happy, this will force the Dems to clean things up a bit for at least a little while... wish the same would happen to the RNC then maybe we can have a shot at fixing this thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Being a womanizer is not a negative thing. It can be, but is it necessarily so? No.

And you know what? I'm finding a lot of what you're saying extremely offensive.

It sounds to me like you're speaking from a very privileged point of view here.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

How is any of this cognitive dissonance? Cognitive dissonance is a form of stress, which Trump does not display at all.

What?

www.youtube.com...

I said:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Show me how this is subverting the democratic process?

Releasing emails that you aren't privy to (as well as in an entirely different country that you've traditionally had a hostile relationship with) so as to influence the public to vote against someone isn't "subverting the democratic process" to you?

Or is your only gripe that it occurred to the DNC and not the RNC?

My gripe is that it happened at all. Hacking is illegal!

You think they wouldn't do it to the RNC if it fit their needs... of course they would, they are a different nation they care nothing for us except for how they can use us for their benefit... just like any of our allies.

Why would they do it to the RNC? They WANT Trump to be the President. That's why they hacked the DNC...

They think they can get a better deal from Trump so of course they are trying to sway things... but unless we have another instance of 115% of registered voters voting in a district its not subverting anything.

You should be happy, this will force the Dems to clean things up a bit for at least a little while... wish the same would happen to the RNC then maybe we can have a shot at fixing this thing.

This isn't going to force the Dems to clean things up. In fact its shifting to be bad news for Trump since he seems to be defending Russia's actions here.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gin

Not even close.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

'Scuse me....who are you talking to?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

So nice to agree once in awhile.

Armchair politicians don't have a clue of the inner workings of high level government.

But, Hey! "Swift Boat" Hillary, create a negative, center point, bullseye focus.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Got it... its your opinion that this is subverting the democratic process...

You just don't get it... I could give a flying fornication what happens with Trump, I am voting for the VPOA...

You are so fixated on "your Team" you cant see the forest for the trees...

Your more pissed about the hack than the fact that the Primaries were rigged from the get go... that attitude (for both parties) is what has lead us to this point where a fricking reality tv person is considered a candidate for the Presidency on one side and a woman with a staggeringly long history of playing fast and lose with the truth for the other side.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You are mistaken.

Cognitive Dissonance is all over this man.

the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.

You act like you know a lot about psychology...what is that? Because you were wrong about not being able to diagnose a person from a distance....and you're wrong about cognitive dissonance also. Bit full of ourselves, are we?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Lol the primaries are rigged? HAHA that clearly shows you don't know the primary process. The major political parties, actually ALL political parties, are private organizations that can determine their nominees in any way shape or form they please. There is no "rigging of the primaries". It's just what ever the primaries decided to do. Does it suck for candidates like Bernie Sanders? Yes. It does, but that's what you get when you attach yourself to a big political party.
edit on 1-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
At least Hillary doesn't promise to break amendments to her supporters' faces.

www.breitbart.com...

O RLY?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

You are mistaken.

Cognitive Dissonance is all over this man.

the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.

You act like you know a lot about psychology...what is that? Because you were wrong about not being able to diagnose a person from a distance....and you're wrong about cognitive dissonance also. Bit full of ourselves, are we?

You are mistaken on both fronts. I said it was unethical and suspect to diagnose someone from a distance, not that one couldn't, and that cognitive dissonance is a form of mental stress when one has inconsistent thoughts and attitudes. So you are wrong, and maybe a bit full of yourself.

Leon Festinger's theory of cognitive dissonance focuses on how humans strive for internal consistency. An individual who experiences inconsistency (dissonance) tends to become psychologically uncomfortable, and is motivated to try to reduce this dissonance—as well as actively avoid situations and information likely to increase it.[1]

edit on 1-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
At least Hillary doesn't promise to break amendments to her supporters' faces.

www.breitbart.com...

O RLY?

Are you really going to attempt the tired "restriction=ban" argument? Because if you are (which is what your sensationalist article is suggesting), I'm not going to address that tired rhetoric. For one, I really don't feel like getting into it with the crazy gun nuts on ATS about this, and for two it'll just be a stupid argument that goes in circles since it is based on a strawman and the only end to it is YOU admitting how you were misled by the article's propaganda.

So since I know you won't do that, I'm not going to continue to address this point to you.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

At least not in the same way....
she's much more mature and somewhat approachable in her style (blows his hair off in that department), but she also - well, anyone who WANTS to be POTUS is, by their very nature, kinda "off". Few bricks shy of a load. You know.

Mr Trump is full-on nuts. Crazy. Mentally not right. It's sad, in a way. He's like a clown - the epitome of American Success, callous but charming when he wants to be - indifferent about anyone else but himself. Obsessed with how rich he is, how nice he is (not), how anyone should be honored to know him and should they be so lucky as to vote for him, they get to say they voted for the best. President. America. Ever. Had...

(yep, he said that!)

He is on one hand able to take the 'raking' (or "roasting" or whatever), and is a good sport about it when he's the target of the jokes (recent trip to Scotland is Exhibit A), and doesn't run away humiliated. But he holds grudges, he is only concerned with himself, and he is doing this to prove something to himself -- not to save our country.

You know what? I think I just figured it out....he is doing this thinking that "TRUMP AMERICA" with the wall and his name in 20 foot high letters is simply a project. He is going to hire it out. He's going to be the "Executive Producer" of the Trump Show - a four-year series, real reality television.

But the people doing the actual work will still be behind the curtain.

edit on 8/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Trump deserves every bit of criticism he has received in this thread, as does Hillary Clinton, but I would vote for Satan himself(if he were real), before I ever cast a vote for either of them.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Correct, he is a psychopath who has no remorse.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Whatever. Yeah, I'm a stupid dummy who doesn't know anything.

You sound just like him.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join