It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Calling criminal a criminal, is not an insult; it's the TRUTH.

If crooked Hillary was an insult, don't worry, ATS staff would remove those posts as soon as possible.

A random person on the internet declaring somebody a criminal does not make it so. The courts decide that. Trump has been accused and sued as a child rapist. Does that now make it fact? Trump has also hired illegals, rip people off and defrauded people out of money. Although calling him a criminal would not be fact as no criminal court has. So to not be a hypocrite you would have to call Trump crooked and a criminal as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I have said this over and over.
He is a classic case.
He cannot see himself as anything other than what others say about him and only those that say good things. Every compliment he's ever heard is stored in his arsenal. Every insult is put out of sight but plays its part twisting at him and building his defensive stance. These insults or perceived insults gnaw at his gut. Not for personal reflection or self improvement. No they gnaw at his self esteem and make him angry. He doesn't believe what people say, he's great, he's hugh, he's God , no he doesn't believe it, he just hates that they say it.

It's very bad

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Trump does not have the temperament to engage the rest of the world. He does not have a diplomatic bone in his body.

If having a diplomatic bone in his body means that he will not engage the world as it has been engaged by the majority of our 'diplomatic leaders' for decades, then Trump has exactly the right temperament needed. Or do you think that building military bases near Russia's borders with the absurd excuse that they are for defence from Iran is diplomatic? LOL. Your world is upside down.

Who's got cognitive dissonance?

The friendly remarks shared between Trump and Putin are a good example of Trump's diplomacy. Russia, today, is not an aggressor. But Russia will not hesitate to defend itself as needed. What the hell is wrong with people having a problem with a friendly relationship between their leader and the leader of another large power??? It's called peace!

soulwaxer

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: theantediluvian

This is how ridiculous he is. Both the Republican and Democrat conventions spent a HUGE amount of time talking about how awful the other side was, yet Donald pretends like it was just Hillary doing it.

To be perfectly honest I watched both conventions and the republicans spent much more time talking about Hillary then Hillary's people spent talking about Trump. Trump views himself in a very special mirror. One where he has to address it mirror mirror on the wall...and then the mirror tells him all manner of lies.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if that is true.

Democrats wrapped up their convention Thursday by hammering Donald Trump yet again, invoking his name 123 unique times on day four and bringing the total for the week to 457 mentions.

Source

While the same source shows the RNC mentioning Hilary less than 300.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

You do know that the intelligence community is almost 100% sure that Russia were the ones who hacked the DNC, right? That isn't exactly something you do to a peaceful neighbor, but I guess a country subverting our country's democratic processes is ok as long as Trump becomes the leader right? Then we can be BESTEST buddies with the country ranked 119 on the global corruption perception scale. I'm sure that will work out SOOOO well for us.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Calling criminal a criminal, is not an insult; it's the TRUTH.

If crooked Hillary was an insult, don't worry, ATS staff would remove those posts as soon as possible.

Very true! Trump's conscience is clear. That's why he can say whatever comes to mind. He gives press-conferences and answers questions for an hour, while Hillary hasn't given a press-conference in something like 250 days...

Many people have a problem with the truth. Maybe they have a problem with themselves as well.

soulwaxer

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

If his conscious is clear, where are his tax returns then? How goes that court case against Trump U, by the way?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Sillyolme

So then the question is whose lies are worse?
Or do you still maintain hillary has not lied?

I would never say that Hillary hasn't lied. She will go pretty far to do what it takes to cover her ass and win this election. But this isn't about "who lies more, Trump or Hillary?" or "Whose lies are worse?" It's about the two-faced nature of Donald Trump, holding opinions that he's "nice" while insulting people right and left... It's about his inability to articulate his relationship with Putin. About his lack of basic knowledge, while bragging that he alone can fix the problems of our nation, and about his willingness to deny the rights of people who disagree with him.

Some of you need to read up on Cognitive Dissonance to have an intelligent discussion.

I've noticed that people have a real hard time sticking to the subject when the ridiculousness of Trump's spectacle is laid bare before them.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Seriously... subverting the democratic process??

So what if the Russians hacked the DNC, I am sure they have hacked a lot worse than that... the hack didn't do squat to subvert the democratic process... heck for once it helped ensure people will be a little more informed about whats actually going on.

Oh and of course... you think we haven't interfered with their govt, or election progress...wow cant remember what it was like to be that innocent.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The Trump Cult devotees have so much emotional investment in his candidacy, they will rationalize anything their hero says.

Their rude awakening will come when the neocons kick Donald under the bus; His own party will will pull the rug out from under him and spill the beans about the skeletons in his closet.

Sorry, it's a terrible addiction....please pray for me!!

edit on 1-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You do know that the intelligence community is almost 100% sure that Russia were the ones who hacked the DNC, right? That isn't exactly something you do to a peaceful neighbor, but I guess a country subverting our country's democratic processes is ok as long as Trump becomes the leader right? Then we can be BESTEST buddies with the country ranked 119 on the global corruption perception scale. I'm sure that will work out SOOOO well for us.

IF it was a Russian hack, why do you focus on that and not on the corruption in the DNC that the emails prove. Do you not think that the US does any hacking of its own? Have you forgotten the phone call interceptions of people like Angela Merkel by the NSA, as was exposed by Snowden, if I recall correctly?

I would rank the US far above Russia as far as corruption goes.

soulwaxer
edit on 1-8-2016 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So it's ok that Russia hacked one of the two competing parties because it didn't do its intended result? So by that logic it's ok to attempt to murder someone as long as I don't succeed right?

Oh and of course... you think we haven't interfered with their govt, or election progress...wow cant remember what it was like to be that innocent.

Did I say this? No I didn't. So why are you pretending like I did?
edit on 1-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Their rude awakening will come when the neocons kick Donald under the bus.

I have to wonder if Trump's ability to be insightful is any better than his fans' ability to do the same.
I suspect this madding crowd is as shallow as he is, if not more so.
One good thing, though - that utterly trashy Duck Dynasty guy says he'll drop out of the limelight if Trump loses. (Yay!) I hope he takes Trump with him.

Someone above mentioned Paul Ryan - the fact that Ryan changed his tune after he met personally and privately with Trump speaks to the way the man can manipulate and "put on" any personality he wants to. It's all fake. Inside, he's a mess. And he doesn't even know it.

edit on 8/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

He doesn't know Putin, which he explicitly said. He has basic knowledge. He hasn't denied anyone's rights. As for the "he alone", he likely means him and not Clinton, though admittedly that is a guess.

How is any of this cognitive dissonance? Cognitive dissonance is a form of stress, which Trump does not display at all.

link   

If his conscious is clear, where are his tax returns then? How goes that court case against Trump U, by the way?

Let's wait and see.

soulwaxer

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So Trump was mentioned more at the DNC... Ok. Like that means something... (What is it supposed to mean, anyway?)

How many Tweets has Hillary made attacking the mother of the slain Foreign Service official killed in Benghazi, who said, "I blame Hillary Clinton personally for the death of my son"? How many insults has Clinton thrown toward that mother? How many interviews has she done insulting that mother?

Yeah... There's a big difference in the behavior of the two candidates.

edit on 8/1/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

We've been waiting and seeing for a while now. Most candidates have already released their tax returns by now.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It is beyond my comprehension how anyone can support Trump for president of the USA.

He's a bully, plain and simple.

I have a brother that reminds me of Trump. He focuses on his "prize" like a train moving forward on a one way track, never looking sideways. Anyone/thing on the side is collateral damage. My brother and I are like "oil & water", because I am independent. I am me, I am not a clone of him. He is confused by me, because I won't join him on his pedestal. Anyone not "with him" on his pedestal is beneath him and not "worthy" of his time.

My brother doesn't see anything, but his own world.

edit on 1-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Yeah, might be interesting to look into the tax returns of the Clinton Foundation.

soulwaxer

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So Trump was mentioned more at the DNC... Ok. Like that means something... (What is it supposed to mean, anyway?)

How many Tweets has Hillary made attacking the mother of the slain Foreign Service official killed in Benghazi, who said, "I blame Hillary Clinton personally for the death of my son"? How many insults has Clinton thrown toward that mother?

Yeah... There's a big difference in the behavior of the two candidates.

I was refuting someone's claim that the RNC spoke about Hilary more than the DNC spoke about Trump, which turned out to be false. That's what that means.

Uh oh Trump put out a provocative tweet. Sorry but Tweeting isn't much of a behaviour problem in the real world.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join