It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Such statements expose a proclivity towards thought and speech policing. Listen to your criticism, for example. It's riddled with half-truths and blatant fabrications, something you accuse Trump of.

Please refute each point I raised; you just made an outrageous generalization and are the one using Orwellian thought police tactics.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

In this race trumps biggest attribute is that he is not hillary.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I like the well written analogy you make on Trump, I am actually very amaze.

Now will you make one to explain the Cognitive Dissonance of Hillary Clinton?

I am sure it will be as well written and Trump was.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Gin

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Top US Psychiatrists Confirm - Trump is a "Textbook Case" of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

A person with narcissistic personality disorder:

Reacts to criticism with anger, shame or humiliation
Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals
Exaggerates own importance
Exaggerates achievements and talents
Entertains unrealistic fantasies about success, power, beauty, intelligence or romance
Has unreasonable expectation of favorable treatment
Requires constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
Has obsessive self-interest
Pursues mainly selfish goals

Hillary fits on the bill with all of those points. Thanks for sharing and pointing this out.

Once again, rather than try defend Trump, the only option seems to be to switch the topic to Hillary.

One does not simply defend Trump without comparing him to Hillary. It's the Trump-cult method.

Reminds me of a fortune cookie I had once.

"Comparing yourself to one who is evil does not show that you are pure."

Who would have thought that comparing two opposing candidates in a presidential election was wrong? I'm surprised you're not comparing them.

Where did I say it was wrong, bub?

Oh, that's right - I didn't. You did. Really not sure what you're getting at, either.

So the Trump-cult method isn't wrong. I wonder if you're a part of this cult.

Again - I never said it was wrong. It's a simple observation - you're the one who made the insinuation that I was hinting at it being "wrong," which was incorrect.

You said that. Then you said it again.

Again - I'm not sure what you're getting at here. If you think I'm a Trump supporter, you're deluded.

I would never respect let alone vote for a man that sinks so low to mock a disabled man and his physical disabilities on a platform (television) that reaches tens of millions of people worldwide. I believe Trump's views on Internet censorship, no-fly no-gun, his views on "suing the press," his views on invading Libya, he wants to appoint a former Sachs banker to U.S. Treasure Secretary - and many, many more reasons as to why I would never vote for him.

Another poster also mentioned Trumps uncanny belief in Voodoo economics. Alan Greenspan perpetuated this nonsense for decades until he himself backpeddled and came out to say that "it hasn't worked as intended."

I'm not going to sit here and split hairs with you. I can't stand Hillary for a myriad of reasons not Trump for a plethora of reasons. These reasons are mutually exclusive. I don't "need," to use one candidate as a tool and reasoning as to why I'm voting for the other candidate like the vast majority of Trump supporters do.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Orionx2

I'm not going to have a semantics argument with you. If that is all you have to say to me, then just stop talking now because I don't care.

Clear definition in the dictionary is semantics. Okay, just checking. Carry on.
edit on 1-8-2016 by Orionx2 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Poor judgement? Making billions of dollars and building an empire involves good judgement. Lack of self-control? I'm not even sure what that is supposed to mean. Lack of experience? He's been a leader for decades. A long history of bankruptcies and failures which only make up nearly 1% of his business dealings. Lack of empathy? A sign you only feast on a certain kind of media, while glazing over his philanthropy. Lack of curiosity? Nonsense. A fourth grade education? Nonsense. May employ a mole from the Kremlin? Conspiracy theory.
edit on 1-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I think if he considered what he's said so far as nice that they need to up security around Hillary. He means to escalate this to physical.
His self image is directly tied into what people say about him. He wants people to say nice things about him
Re Putin. "He said I'm a genius. So that's good. "
It doesn't matter if it's true or not.He wants praise. He thinks donating is a sacrifice.
I put that Vietnam war memorial downtown Manhattan." People still thank me for that"
Gratitude is worship to this ego maniac.

Kahn has no right to speak when he's saying things trump doesn't like. Quite pertinent that he talks about knowing the constitution while denying this man his first amendment rights.
His thin skin is now his downfall.
He is going down in flames today. Look for him to do something to take the focus off this latest gaffe .
As for his relationship with Putin lets be honest. Even as trump proves that he cannot , they have no relationship. They've never met. It all more trump inflating his self importance in the world. The correspondence he received from Putin was a basket of fruit with a card from the Kremlin . He never spoke with him.
Just like him claiming the NFL would contact him regarding the convention schedule. They wrote me and asked me to do something about it.
So that's actually two pats on his own back with this lie. First that they would contact HIM about it and not those who do the scheduling. And again implying that even the NFL acknowledges he's the one who can rectify the situation. It's his lie and he strokes his own ego while telling it.
Then there's the lies about their relationship. I spoke to him. I have never spoken to him. I was his stablemate I've never met him we have a relationship. He said nice things about me (there it is again I my me mine)

He's certifiable.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gin

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Top US Psychiatrists Confirm - Trump is a "Textbook Case" of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

A person with narcissistic personality disorder:

Reacts to criticism with anger, shame or humiliation
Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals
Exaggerates own importance
Exaggerates achievements and talents
Entertains unrealistic fantasies about success, power, beauty, intelligence or romance
Has unreasonable expectation of favorable treatment
Requires constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
Has obsessive self-interest
Pursues mainly selfish goals

Hillary fits on the bill with all of those points. Thanks for sharing and pointing this out.

Once again, rather than try defend Trump, the only option seems to be to switch the topic to Hillary.

One does not simply defend Trump without comparing him to Hillary. It's the Trump-cult method.

Reminds me of a fortune cookie I had once.

"Comparing yourself to one who is evil does not show that you are pure."

Who would have thought that comparing two opposing candidates in a presidential election was wrong? I'm surprised you're not comparing them.

Where did I say it was wrong, bub?

Oh, that's right - I didn't. You did. Really not sure what you're getting at, either.

So the Trump-cult method isn't wrong. I wonder if you're a part of this cult.

Again - I never said it was wrong. It's a simple observation - you're the one who made the insinuation that I was hinting at it being "wrong," which was incorrect.

You said that. Then you said it again.

Again - I'm not sure what you're getting at here. If you think I'm a Trump supporter, you're deluded.

I would never respect let alone vote for a man that sinks so low to mock a disabled man and his physical disabilities on a platform (television) that reaches tens of millions of people worldwide. I believe Trump's views on Internet censorship, no-fly no-gun, his views on "suing the press," his views on invading Libya, he wants to appoint a former Sachs banker to U.S. Treasure Secretary - and many, many more reasons as to why I would never vote for him.

Another poster also mentioned Trumps uncanny belief in Voodoo economics. Alan Greenspan perpetuated this nonsense for decades until he himself backpeddled and came out to say that "it hasn't worked as intended."

I'm not going to sit here and split hairs with you. I can't stand Hillary for a myriad of reasons not Trump for a plethora of reasons. These reasons are mutually exclusive. I don't "need," to use one candidate as a tool and reasoning as to why I'm voting for the other candidate like the vast majority of Trump supporters do.

That's fair. Comparing two candidates is a method of the Trump cult, which is not only untrue but sounded pretty negative to me, even though comparing two candidates is what happens in elections, so I assumed you thought it was wrong. My mistake.
edit on 1-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm going to coin the term "Rosie Odonnell'ism" and apply it here...

2. Khan doesn't have the right to speak? After Khizr Khan's speech at the DNC convention, Trump claimed that Khan had "no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution"...

Basically someone who openly attacks Trump first and then takes offense when he retaliates. America is tired of weak politicians. It has lead us to bad trade deals and alliances with sketchy nations. If you attack Trump be prepared for a response.

Trump seems to be confused as to whether or not he has a relationship with Vladimir Putin. In 2013, 2014 and 2015, when he wanted to name-drop, they're pretty good buddies, but when he's asked in an interview about having a relationship with Putin, he acts like he's never heard of the guy! LOL! And he doesn't even know what "having a relationship" means...

How do you feel about another cold war OP?

Gonna go out on a limb and suspect it's because people attack Trump at every opportunity(see OP) is why he approaches the Putin subject carefully. Personally I'd like to see Russia and America on good terms rather than looking at another cold war. Hillary has promised to further the sanctions on Russia and support the expansion of NATO in Europe. Putin has promised to not allow America and NATO to erect more missile "defense" systems within striking distance of Russia. Because he knows it takes a few hours to convert those systems to an offensive nuclear missile launcher. Something I whole heartedly agree with. It's his duty to protect his nation and it's people. America and NATO are the aggressors here.

Funny how the left sees the American military and NATO as aggressors in much of the middle eastern conflicts. Yet when it's a nation of productive people with a democratically elected president our aggression is somehow justified... The double standards astound me!! I swear these democrats and the left are leading us to a conflict of epic proportions with Russia.

If Hillary wins I'm moving to the UK or better yet Russia. At least they are trying to fight globalism...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So then the question is whose lies are worse?
Or do you still maintain hillary has not lied?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Such statements expose a proclivity towards thought and speech policing. Listen to your criticism, for example. It's riddled with half-truths and blatant fabrications, something you accuse Trump of.

Please refute each point I raised; you just made an outrageous generalization and are the one using Orwellian thought police tactics.

It's only a problem if YOU make "half-truths."

Lying is second nature to him,” Schwartz said. “More than anyone else I have ever met, Trump has the ability to convince himself that whatever he is saying at any given moment is true, or sort of true, or at least ought to be true.”

Schwartz says of Trump, “He lied strategically. He had a complete lack of conscience about it.” Since most people are “constrained by the truth,” Trump’s indifference to it “gave him a strange advantage.”

But when the Don does it, who cares?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Yeah I know right?

Not like there isn't a million let's hate Hillary threads out there.
Go join one.
This is a trump is not qualified to even be American forget president.

THROW EM OUT. GET EM OUTTA HERE...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I will counter with Hillary Clinton. There is enough here to bury the b!tch.

I would vote for Negan over her.

Who cares about "words" and "feels".

Find another hero.

Enough said.

originally posted by: bknapple32

This is exactly what I expected to read as a retort. Calling Hillary a "b!tch"

Shocker that its just name calling now.

Like that's all we have on Hillary is name calling. If you haven't been following the news she's up to her ears in controversy with plenty of self created problems. The house of cards the Clinton's have built is beginning to topple, if not in a criminal trial at least in the court of public opinion.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
If Trump backs out at the last minute, Pence would be the acting POTUS. Yikes.

I don't think that would happen unless they've been inaugurated and taken the oath (in January). If Trump backs out before then, then our sweetie is right.

It's comforting knowing that the only arguments against Trump is that he said some things, and it hurt everyone's feelings.

Sorry to make you uncomfortable but this is only the tip of the iceberg of arguments against Trump. His policies are actually the iceberg...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Some times you just need an asswhoopin to put your head on straight.......and thats what we as a country need at this point sadly.

Yep, sometimes you need a nuclear war and a 60 year nuclear winter to just wake people up!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Basically someone who openly attacks Trump first and then takes offense when he retaliates. America is tired of weak politicians. It has lead us to bad trade deals and alliances with sketchy nations. If you attack Trump be prepared for a response.

You're absolutely right. But that's to be expected when people are crippled by their own double-standards.

Gin

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Any psychological diagnosis made from a distance, without the clinician meeting and talking to the patient, is not only suspect, but unethical. The Moral high ground slips away quite easy.

Funny no one wants to touch this. It's exactly what I thought too and made the comparison to Hillary from the provided "top US psychiatrists" clip because an amateur diagnosis done like that humbly deserved an amateur response from me here in the mud-pits.

Anyway what's so bad about being narcissist, it's not so negative like most probably assume. There are upsides to it, if anyone has read any bit of Freud then they should understand this. Narcissism is necessary to live as it can be found in everyone. Narcissist personalities who are primed for leadership are able to make a change, it's important to believe in yourself and to believe being able to make a change as a leader.

This is all good for Trump, he has built businesses and all that stuff, everyone knows his success. I'd rather see a leader like him who uses self-powering narcissism for goodness than a narcissist who swims in corruption and deceit.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: theantediluvian

This is how ridiculous he is. Both the Republican and Democrat conventions spent a HUGE amount of time talking about how awful the other side was, yet Donald pretends like it was just Hillary doing it.

To be perfectly honest I watched both conventions and the republicans spent much more time talking about Hillary then Hillary's people spent talking about Trump. Trump views himself in a very special mirror. One where he has to address it mirror mirror on the wall...and then the mirror tells him all manner of lies.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

It's pretty scary that they are briefing him on anything.
God I hope they're lying to him.
Who trusts him to keep anything a secret?
The mouth is running the brain in that head.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Krazysh0t

In this race trumps biggest attribute is that he is not hillary.

If that is your only asset then that isn't an asset worth voting for.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join