It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But would they?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Gin

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Top US Psychiatrists Confirm - Trump is a "Textbook Case" of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

A person with narcissistic personality disorder:

Reacts to criticism with anger, shame or humiliation
Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals
Exaggerates own importance
Exaggerates achievements and talents
Entertains unrealistic fantasies about success, power, beauty, intelligence or romance
Has unreasonable expectation of favorable treatment
Requires constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
Has obsessive self-interest
Pursues mainly selfish goals

Hillary fits on the bill with all of those points. Thanks for sharing and pointing this out.

Once again, rather than try defend Trump, the only option seems to be to switch the topic to Hillary.

One does not simply defend Trump without comparing him to Hillary. It's the Trump-cult method.

Reminds me of a fortune cookie I had once.

"Comparing yourself to one who is evil does not show that you are pure."

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Top US Psychiatrists Confirm - Trump is a "Textbook Case" of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Entertains unrealistic fantasies about success, power, beauty, intelligence or romance

Hillary fits on the bill with all of those points. Thanks for sharing and pointing this out.

Once again, rather than try defend Trump, the only option seems to be to switch the topic to Hillary.

One does not simply defend Trump without comparing him to Hillary. It's the Trump-cult method.

Who would have thought that comparing two opposing candidates in a presidential election was wrong? I'm surprised you're not comparing them.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's comforting knowing that the only arguments against Trump is that he said some things, and it hurt everyone's feelings.

No, the arguments involve poor judgement, lack of self control, compulsive lying, lack of experience, ignorance of the Constitution and civics in general, a long history of bankruptcies and failed businesses, lack of empathy, lack of curiosity, a fourth grade education and, of course, an adviser who worked for an Eastern European despot and who may well be a mole for the Kremlin.

One of the beauties of Trump is that he's exposing the Orwellian natures of those he triggers. There is going to be no living it down.

Please explain.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Krazysh0t

English is not my native language.
According to google translate, crooked means dishonest.

Is that not true?

First, no. It doesn't mean crooked. That is just a slang use of the word. Second, it is a demeaning slur not meant to be endearing. Therefore it is an insult.

Third, I don't accept your "English isn't my native language" excuse. You knew DAMN well you were insulting her. If I started calling you Crooked Nikola, I'd have my posts removed from ATS for manners offense, and you should know this too. So faking a language barrier is just a sad cop out.

So the Merriam Webster dictionary is incorrect?

adjective crook·ed
Simple Definition of crooked

: not straight : having bends and curves

: not set or placed straight

: not honest

Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

edit on 1-8-2016 by Orionx2 because: quote formatting

edit on 1-8-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This thread is straight up comedy gold...

Start thread complaining about Trumps mouth... cause he says bad things and stuff.. and morphs into a straight up attack thread on trump and anyone that supports trump in any way..

If I didnt have a candidate I believe in, I would vote trump just because of the pure disconnection from reality by some many Clinton fans... so much of what is pinned to trump can easily be pinned to her... but its different because she has a D next to her name.

Even though up until this year Trump was a regular donor for the democrats... but put an R next to his name... and we must BURN THE WITCH!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But would they?

Yes, they have the money and the inclination.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

I'm not going to have a semantics argument with you. If that is all you have to say to me, then just stop talking now because I don't care.
edit on 1-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Three of, you are so right, many many. And each one runs over the next and the short-attention-span, low-information voters just don't see it.

But it's more than cognitive dissonance. He's a pathological liar. A narcissist who is all ego. And a psychopath.

Pathological lying...just one of the characteristics of psychopathy. Skip to about 5:25. Or watch the whole thing.

ETA: All you Trump vvoters? You were warned. Over and over and over. ~Luc out.

Peace.

edit on 8/1/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Only Trumpistas are talking about Hillary. Most genuine Republicans are opposed to Trump; Trump brought in a lot of folks who were previously unaffiliated.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I don't know what thread you are reading, but the one I read started with a well written OP about Trump's inconsistencies followed by a bunch of Trump supporters coming in and talking about Hillary, and now YOU are telling us that we are attacking these people for calling people out for going off topic? Lol. You are right. Reading this topic IS funny, but not for the reasons you said though.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's comforting knowing that the only arguments against Trump is that he said some things, and it hurt everyone's feelings.

No, the arguments involve poor judgement, lack of self control, compulsive lying, lack of experience, ignorance of the Constitution and civics in general, a long history of bankruptcies and failed businesses, lack of empathy, lack of curiosity, a fourth grade education and, of course, an adviser who worked for an Eastern European despot and who may well be a mole for the Kremlin.

One of the beauties of Trump is that he's exposing the Orwellian natures of those he triggers. There is going to be no living it down.

Please explain.

Such statements expose a proclivity towards thought and speech policing. Listen to your criticism, for example. It's riddled with half-truths and blatant fabrications, something you accuse Trump of. All this because Trump said some things.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I got two replies into the thread and the political bickering had already begun.

The Cognitive Dissonance of the Trump is a very stimulating topic and a very important one to understand, but right away too many want to turn it into a political argument of some type.

It isn't a political discussion, it is about the guy mental illness, and he is mentally ill.

I wish I had enough money to say anything I wanted, regardless of how stupid and offensive it may be because I had lawyers on retainer to squelch anyone with a retort, I would probably be a big stupid bully on my bad days too.

Does this #ing idiot ever have a good day though?.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Who would have thought that comparing two opposing candidates in a presidential election was wrong? I'm surprised you're not comparing them.

Where did I say it was wrong, bub?

Oh, that's right - I didn't. You did. Really not sure what you're getting at, either.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It's comforting knowing that the only arguments against Trump is that he said some things, and it hurt everyone's feelings. One of the beauties of Trump is that he's exposing the Orwellian natures of those he triggers. There is going to be no living it down.

It may be comforting, but it's not true. Another argument against him is that the one thing he has spoken of in some detail - his proposed tax structure - continues to prop up the "Supply side", "Trickle down" or (to quote George HW Bush) "Voodoo" economic model, which has been proven to be a miserable failure for a strong economy in the US.

Whatever anybody may think of that economic model philosophically, it does not work, and has been proven to not work since it's inception in the 1980s.

Trump's communication style is by no means the only argument against him.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Where did I say it was wrong, bub?

Oh, that's right - I didn't. You did. Really not sure what you're getting at, either.

So the Trump-cult method isn't wrong. I wonder if you're a part of this cult.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Open_Minded Skeptic

It's comforting knowing that the only arguments against Trump is that he said some things, and it hurt everyone's feelings. One of the beauties of Trump is that he's exposing the Orwellian natures of those he triggers. There is going to be no living it down.

It may be comforting, but it's not true. Another argument against him is that the one thing he has spoken of in some detail - his proposed tax structure - continues to prop up the "Supply side", "Trickle down" or (to quote George HW Bush) "Voodoo" economic model, which has been proven to be a miserable failure for a strong economy in the US.

Whatever anybody may think of that economic model philosophically, it does not work, and has been proven to not work since it's inception in the 1980s.

Trump's communication style is by no means the only argument against him.

That would be a valid criticism, and it is refreshing.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

When you implied someone was a liar just a couple pages back I think you lost any moral high ground you were trying to hold, by reacting in an emotional way... just like you are so upset about trump doing.

Keep in mind I am not voting Trump... I find it amusing that the man has been a close confederate of the clintons for years, is suddenly a horribly psychotic person that must be locked away.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Maybe when Trump said he was being nice to Clinton he was referring to all the money he has donated to the Clinton's over the years?

I bet those two just can't wait until the election is over and they can go back to being friends again, just like all the other Presidential candidates before them. Only three more years until the next "most racist man in the world" becomes the Republican front runner. I wonder who it will be? It would be nice to know now before he runs for President.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

When you implied someone was a liar just a couple pages back I think you lost any moral high ground you were trying to hold, by reacting in an emotional way... just like you are so upset about trump doing.

Keep in mind I am not voting Trump... I find it amusing that the man has been a close confederate of the clintons for years, is suddenly a horribly psychotic person that must be locked away.

Any psychological diagnosis made from a distance, without the clinician meeting and talking to the patient, is not only suspect, but unethical. The Moral high ground slips away quite easy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join