It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I'm a supporter by default. You think I love the guy or something?

She must be taken down. I give a damn about the consequences. What the hell is she going to do with her power? Must I vote for her to find out? I've voted for many people across the spectrum, and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

Here we have a real life cartoon character to throw the vote behind, just to see if it's all real.... This is a topic that has been argued back and forth on ATS for as long as I've known about the site. It is a conspiracy theory site after all. If we truly want to know about the inner workings of this sh!t machine that most of us claim to rail against, then there is no reason to support anybody other than DJT. It is really simple.

Does politics really matter? Do insults on the internet really cause you anything other than a reason to fight harder, and actually stand for something? Does it cause you real anguish and pain like I see on youtube videos?

People write in dumb sh!t for every election. This is a chance to see if your vote actually matters on a national scale.

We already can see clearly that it doesn't in the democratic primaries. I mean, Hillary had so much more support than Bernie.... Sure she did.

Get offended. At least you feel something.....

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: bknapple32

I'm a supporter by default. You think I love the guy or something?

She must be taken down. I give a damn about the consequences. What the hell is she going to do with her power? Must I vote for her to find out? I've voted for many people across the spectrum, and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

Here we have a real life cartoon character to throw the vote behind, just to see if it's all real.... This is a topic that has been argued back and forth on ATS for as long as I've known about the site. It is a conspiracy theory site after all. If we truly want to know about the inner workings of this sh!t machine that most of us claim to rail against, then there is no reason to support anybody other than DJT. It is really simple.

Does politics really matter? Do insults on the internet really cause you anything other than a reason to fight harder, and actually stand for something? Does it cause you real anguish and pain like I see on youtube videos?

People write in dumb sh!t for every election. This is a chance to see if your vote actually matters on a national scale.

We already can see clearly that it doesn't in the democratic primaries. I mean, Hillary had so much more support than Bernie.... Sure she did.

Get offended. At least you feel something.....

You sound like a sheep.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Calling criminal a criminal, is not an insult; it's the TRUTH.

If crooked Hillary was an insult, don't worry, ATS staff would remove those posts as soon as possible.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I can not figure out if he is completely unhinged or just throwing the election.

Oh, I think I can figure it out...

Mayo Clinic - Narcissistic Personality DIsorder

DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:

Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
Exaggerating your achievements and talents
Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
Requiring constant admiration
Having a sense of entitlement
Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
Taking advantage of others to get what you want
Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
Being envious of others and believing others envy you
Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

If you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care.

At the same time, you have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make yourself appear superior. Or you may feel depressed and moody because you fall short of perfection.

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear.

Top US Psychiatrists Confirm - Trump is a "Textbook Case" of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

A person with narcissistic personality disorder:

Reacts to criticism with anger, shame or humiliation
Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals
Exaggerates own importance
Exaggerates achievements and talents
Entertains unrealistic fantasies about success, power, beauty, intelligence or romance
Has unreasonable expectation of favorable treatment
Requires constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
Has obsessive self-interest
Pursues mainly selfish goals

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I expect someone who shared the same office as John F Kennedy and Eisenhower and Reagan, to have basic social skills and refrain from the childish name calling that Donald Trump spews.

I expect someone who HASNT clotheslined Vince McMahon to share the same office as George Washington.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Calling criminal a criminal, is not an insult; it's the TRUTH.

No it's an assumption you made based on media news telling you it's the "truth". Yet you have zero physical evidence of it being true. Though it's funny how you have qualifiers for what is and isn't an insult. Really does dial in how deep your cognitive dissonance goes.

If crooked Hillary was an insult, don't worry, ATS staff would remove those posts as soon as possible.

Calling a politician an insult isn't against the ATS T&C unless Hillary Clinton was physically here posting and you called that to her face. So that argument doesn't work.

Gin

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Top US Psychiatrists Confirm - Trump is a "Textbook Case" of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Entertains unrealistic fantasies about success, power, beauty, intelligence or romance

Hillary fits on the bill with all of those points. Thanks for sharing and pointing this out.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The Trumpledites keep attacking Hillary's character because they cant attack her policies or platform, because they are ignorant to the actual issues and incapable of formulating any solutions or resolutions like their fearless misogynist bigot billionaire leader.

Has anyone realized Trump almost answers every question about his policy or platform with "Build a wall!" no matter what the subject is? Has he actually said he was going to do anything else as president? Besides, you know, crashing the currency and lowering taxes for the rich?

Yeah.. Id be scared and looking for excuses if I was him too.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gin

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Hillary fits on the bill with all of those points. Thanks for sharing and pointing this out.

Once again, rather than try defend Trump, the only option seems to be to switch the topic to Hillary.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yea. It's always the text book answer. Just a tu quoque fallacy, "Well what about Hillary?"

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

As opposed to what dude? Some "enlightened soul" ?

What are you railing against?

Do any of you actually think that for one instant Trump will accomplish anything? He would be killed for even attempting to pull off 10% of what he talks about. Do you think that we would be appointing a dictator to the helm of the USS Divided?

I sound like a sheep because I want to see the most polarizing figure appointed to the highest office in the land, just to see if people actually react. I'm an effing sheep...

I guess you have better plans. You are going to subvert the establishment through your continued support of something that I have personally seen you rail against..

I guess I'm cool with that.

Not like you're going to stop visiting or anything..

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The problem with Trump is that he is narcissistic on his best days. There is strong evidence that he decompensates into anti-social behaviors, possibly even deluded and dangerous.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gin

Thanks for the amateur diagnosis, but when top US psychiatrists confirm your opinion, let me know... Until then, your opinion is meaningless.

In a thread about Trump, all you can do is talk about Hillary.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

...because the narcissistic term could never be applied to Hilary Clinton.

The Character of Hillary Rodham Clinton

Why Narcissists Become President, with Jeffrey Kluger

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hey, I'm thinking of this as a golden opportunity to finally kill off the Democrat and Republican parties, once and for all. It doesn't get as obvious as this, that both sides are utterly corrupt.

The problem is convincing people that they *can* vote for a third party candidate, even if they're not "allowed" into the debates by arbitrary criteria, and that would not mean 'wasting' their vote.

Wasting your vote is voting for a mad man or an unindicted felon.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Well your argument here is basically, "I'm a Conspiracy Theorist. I may not like Trump, but I have to vote for him because he stands for conspiracies." Nevermind all his faults and that he is as trustworthy as a drug addict in an unsupervised pharmacy.

Not like you're going to stop visiting or anything..

I don't believe in most of the CT's on this website, as I find them to be silly, full of holes, contradictory, and mostly reliant on wishful thinking. I mostly come here for the discussion.

I don't want to see the world burn just because. I happen to LIKE the direction the world is going in.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I can not figure out if he is completely unhinged or just throwing the election.

I've been thinking the same thing. This was all just a contest for him - the howling hordes made it more fun for him....but now I think he's realizing he doesn't have what it takes. He asked Kasich to be his "Foreign and Domestic Policy advisor" - Kasich refused (good for him!) - but really what else is there?

What scares me is that Mike Pence is just a lesser-known version of Ted Cruz. If Trump backs out at the last minute, Pence would be the acting POTUS. Yikes.
He's already (as Gov of Indiana) tried to pass laws that allow discrimination, disallow abortion for anyone for any reason, and other really backward stuff. He's an Evangelical Dominionist.

Anyway - I think Trump just figures he'll delegate and hire out all the work while he sits in his throne in the Oval Office and calls the world leaders to tell them how Great America is again, and how he's even Greater than ever!

edit on 8/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
If Trump backs out at the last minute, Pence would be the acting POTUS.

The RNC could hold a new nomination process and pick someone else.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: MrSpad
Anyway - I think Trump just figures he'll delegate and hire out all the work while he sits in his throne in the Oval Office and calls the world leaders to tell them how Great America is again, and how he's even Greater than ever!

I'm going to finish your thought for you:
"... all while he sits on Twitter and rages against any media persona that dare to question or make fun of his policies".

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

It's comforting knowing that the only arguments against Trump is that he said some things, and it hurt everyone's feelings. One of the beauties of Trump is that he's exposing the Orwellian natures of those he triggers. There is going to be no living it down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join