It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Oh, goodie! Another stupid internet meme... So childish!

Trump's mistakes, bumbles, lies and incompetence get highlighted in the 100 days before a presidential election, causing the rats to abandon ship right and left, and you consider that "good" for Trump.

And some people can't even recognize a meme when they see it... Oh, Lord!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

A screenshot of a website is not an Internet meme.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Those people do not accept hillary has done anything wrong

That's simply not true! If that were the case, Bernie wouldn't have been as popular as he was. This is not a contest of "the flawed one" vs "the perfect one". Neither one is flawless. One simply has a lot more flaws than the other.

Don't you just love how our arguments are always restructured into the ridiculous?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That is not a screenshot of a website. Read it. "Trump is Terrible for Puppies"? "Maids Against Trump"?

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Don't you just love how our arguments are always restructured into the ridiculous?

Yes. People who can't debate the issues as they are, have to take the argument to the extreme to make theirs look like it makes some sense...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

lol its not the issues as they are its the issues as you wish to present them

were it the issues as they are no one would support hillary

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I stand corrected. It is a lie and fabrication, and you were right to ridicule it. I suppose photoshopping screenshots is a thing?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Why do I keep hoping that something really bad happens to CNN? Trump being elected would make me so happy, just to see CNN melt-down, followed by him finishing them off...as President. That would make this holiday season the best ever!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
is is not just cnn
nbc and abc are in as well

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why do I keep hoping that something really bad happens to CNN? Trump being elected would make me so happy, just to see CNN melt-down, followed by him finishing them off...as President. That would make this holiday season the best ever!

I'm afraid your xmas might be a little disappointing this year.

Trump is melting down and the GOP knows it. They are looking for a replacement. That's not CNN fault!

www.mediaite.com...
abcnews.go.com...
www.politico.com...

As I predicted....Trump will bail before November

There is already a term for what Trump will do when he realizes he can't win...."derp spiral"

edit on 3-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I suppose photoshopping screenshots is a thing?

Yes. And I don't mind that, because people get their kicks in many ways that I don't understand. I just think posting internet memes in serious discussions, in an attempt to make some point is lame... But such is life.

originally posted by: carewemust
Trump being elected would make me so happy, just to see CNN melt-down, followed by him finishing them off...as President. That would make this holiday season the best ever!

And this is they way many Trump supporters think. That Trump is going to be some sort of King or Wizard, who will rule by decree, and the checks and balances of the other branches of government will be helpless to stop him... It's a fantasy. But you gotta believe in something, I guess.

originally posted by: shooterbrody
is is not just cnn
nbc and abc are in as well

And FOX is "fair and balanced", I suppose...

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump is melting down and the GOP knows it. They are looking for a replacement. That's not CNN fault!

When it happens, it will be spun by the Trump campaign and his supporters that they were all VICTIMS and it was all so UNFAIR! They were "viciously attacked"! And so on... But, no, it won't be CNN's fault, nor MSNBC's fault, nor Hillary's or Bernie's fault. Not Black Lives Matter, social justice warriors, nor political correctness... It won't even be Obama's fault. The fault and responsibility will be SOLELY on the shoulders of Mr. Trump. But he will NEVER take responsibility for what he's done. NEVER.

Thanks for the informative links.
edit on 8/3/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

He will say.."it's rigged, I'm out..and in his own gloriously narcissistic mind he won't see himself as a loser or quitter, he will blame all but himself..the only one to blame.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just for reinforcement of the OP's very salient point:

The Mind of Donald Trump: A Psychologist Analyzes Donald Trump's Personality - The Atlantic

Trump’s personality is certainly extreme by any standard, and particularly rare for a presidential candidate; many people who encounter the man—in negotiations or in interviews or on a debate stage or watching that debate on television—seem to find him flummoxing.

In this essay, I will seek to uncover the key dispositions, cognitive styles, motivations, and self-conceptions that together comprise his unique psychological makeup.

Trump declined to be interviewed for this story, but his life history has been well documented in his own books and speeches, in biographical sources, and in the press.

My aim is to develop a dispassionate and analytical perspective on Trump, drawing upon some of the most important ideas and research findings in psychological science today.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Here's what I've been saying....
after he asked Kasich to do the Foreign and Domestic Policy job: He will hire everything out. But be the 'overseer'....
I figured it out without reading his book, though here it is in The Atlantic:

“I find the people who are the best in the world at what needs to be done, then I hire them to do it, and then I let them do it … but I always watch over them.” And Trump knows that he cannot do it alone:

"Many of our problems, caused by years of stupid decisions, or no decisions at all, have grown into a huge mess. If I could wave a magic wand and fix them, I’d do it.

But there are a lot of different voices—and interests—that have to be considered when working toward solutions. This involves getting people into a room and negotiating compromises until everyone walks out of that room on the same page.

Group Leader. Sure. I believe he could do that.
Chief Executive Officer of the USA? hmmmm......no. I don't think he could do this. It says that he'd "find" the very best talent...okay....find them, Donald..... and "hire" them. Well, suppose they aren't interested?

He also can't "fire" them, if they are appointed cabinet members, judges, or congress members. I think he's not grasped the whole picture of it yet - I don't know that he's really thought it through.

He can't order them to do it. And many simply won't. Like John Kasich. And just like former President of Mexico Vicente Fox - he's not going to pay for that ******** wall, he said.

edit on 8/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hey guys, honestly, neither candidate is good for office. We have no control over who wins or who we get to choose from. Either we come together and topple them or sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Group Leader. Sure. I believe he could do that.
Chief Executive Officer of the USA? hmmmm......no. I don't think he could do this. It says that he'd "find" the very best talent...okay....find them, Donald..... and "hire" them. Well, suppose they aren't interested?

He also can't "fire" them, if they are appointed cabinet members, judges, or congress members. I think he's not grasped the whole picture of it yet - I don't know that he's really thought it through.

He can't order them to do it. And many simply won't. Like John Kasich. And just like former President of Mexico Vicente Fox - he's not going to pay for that ******** wall, he said.

This is exactly what I found when I was researching how Perot, a business man, would perform as president.

I personally thought it was exactly what this country needed - - - until I started researching.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It's becoming more clear to everyone by the day. He won't let this Kahn thing go, he backpedals and flipflops at every whim, denies ever meaning anything he said when he's asked about it (but not until), explaining that he was being 'sarcastic'. I honestly don't think he remembers much of what he says. I wonder if he's ever really watched himself from an observer's perspective. I think not.

He's a scheister supreme. I don't even dislike the guy, actually, I find him very fascinating as a case study in uber-successful neurosis. Wall Street and Capitol Hill are loaded guys just like him! He's in his league, but out of his league at the same time. He is a conman.

LOL!!

And everyone who is drooling for him is being conned, but doesn't realize it, because that's what master conmen do - that is exactly what psychopaths do. His mob - all of them - are like putty in his hands. He just has to have them (you, if you're a fan of his, reader!) get him there....then he'll take on the "big dogs" ---- and find out he's not a King after all.

If he was violent or homicidal, he'd be truly truly scary. He isn't (or doesn't seem to be) - but his willingness to use all the toys (like the military and the nuclear codes) to get his way makes me scared. He wants that tool box.

Megalomaniac. Not Dr Evil, but equivalently self-absorbed.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent365

We do have control. We are all human beings, and when we operate in groups, we can do anything. We have control over exactly one thing: ourselves.
Whatever the situation, we have control over ourselves and not much else.
And some people don't even have that.

We used to tell the SB/ED kids: "If you don't control yourself, others will control you."

(Severely Behaviorally/Emotionally Disturbed)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

He is a conman

If he were a conman he would have everyones confidence with his charm.

If he were a professional LIAR (proper politician) he wouldn't be getting into these kinds of situations.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Agent365

We do have control. We are all human beings, and when we operate in groups, we can do anything. We have control over exactly one thing: ourselves.
Whatever the situation, we have control over ourselves and not much else.
And some people don't even have that.

We used to tell the SB/ED kids: "If you don't control yourself, others will control you."

Human beings in large groups is the antithesis of self control / self thought.

Read up on it (Groupthink) it's a most important and fascinating subject involving many different aspects of psychology, social psychology and other brain / mind sciences.

(Severely Behaviorally/Emotionally Disturbed)
edit on 3-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

He is a conman. He's just not able to con everyone at the same time. Some people see through it.

Those who are huge fans - his mob - they are his targets (victims for now). Now. Once he's voted in, he'll turn that skill on Congress, other world leaders, and anyone else who gets in his way.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join