It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Trump is a streetfighter. The only rules of engagement he cares about are his own *shrug*

Now doesn't that sound like presidential material?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Olivine
a reply to: carewemust

Take a dive.

Do you know why fighters do this? To get paid.

This bid for the presidency by Trump has always been about only 2 things for him: ego and $$$$$.

What's sad is that the entire GOP now seems to be working to help Hillary Clinton get elected.

I would take the hint.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
MSNBC running a segment on The Last Word about Trumps mental health. Saying there are now serious concerns that Mr Trump is mentally ill. They just ran down the list of NPD symptoms stating most people won't display all of the symptoms/traits and most not even half. But Trump exhibits every one every day every time he's on camera.

Hahahahaha
GIGO

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Double

edit on 2/8/2016 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: nomoredemsorreps

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: nomoredemsorreps

See, that's what you people do. You attempt to put words in my mouth.

WHAT?

Okay - you have issues with Trump. That's great, and I'm glad to hear it.
Okay!

So, why, then --- why would you call me "you people"? Why won't you clarify your position in language that makes it more precise and accurate? Why accuse the rest of us.....the scary "we people" !!!..... of trying to shoot your thoughts down!!!?????

What is that?

Why do you keep failing to respond about the video I put up? Explain that. Because *that* is exactly why I don't understand why *anyone* would discuss the cognitive 'dissonance' of Donald Trump, when the proof of her dissonance is blatant. At least you have to discuss his dissonance. Of hers, there is no doubt. As you would know if you watched the video. But you seem to respond to everything BUT that video. Curious.

Those people do not accept hillary has done anything wrong
Its all loony rightwing sexist hogwash
She has to be the first woman in office
Ho's before bro's

Yeah, it's kind of weird trying to have a conversation with these people. They completely ignore anything you state that has negative connotations. To the point where they start talking gobbledygook things like 'do you think everyone knows everything?'. I mean, what does that even mean? And what does it have to do with watching a video that absolutely, 100% proves the 'cognitive dissonance' of Hillary Clinton.

It's ironic, because they are also exhibiting the classic symptoms of 'cognitive dissonance'. They really need to find a mirror. I certainly will ignore anything they say, since it's obvious they're not here to learn anything new. Truly sad...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There's too many people on this forum that have yet to break away from the political correctness mindset. On a realistic scale, you have two and only two choices. A third party realistically will not be able to contend. I don't agree with the parties at all btw, the two party system is broken because it doesn't allow a third to have a chance.

If you don't want/like trump, then realistically, who do you think has a realistic chance at beating either of the two.

I use the world realistic because it needs to be drilled into people's heads. Realism trumps emotions and feelings, no pun intended.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abinkadoo
There's too many people on this forum that have yet to break away from the political correctness mindset. On a realistic scale, you have two and only two choices. A third party realistically will not be able to contend. I don't agree with the parties at all btw, the two party system is broken because it doesn't allow a third to have a chance.

If you don't want/like trump, then realistically, who do you think has a realistic chance at beating either of the two.

I use the world realistic because it needs to be drilled into people's heads. Realism trumps emotions and feelings, no pun intended.

Absolutely. Couldn't have said it better. And it's obvious and has been, for decades that the two-party system is a complete joke of a process, and an obvious engineered one. There is no reason at all that we only have two major parties, in a nation that is as diverse as the USA. I mean, we have always been an endpoint for people of all nations, and yet we have two solutions (which is really only ONE solution the last 40 years--the globalist immigration war party, and ....the war immigration globalist party!).

Meanwhile, Israel has a dozen parties. As does Switzerland. But the two parties have BOTH conspired in this country to make it almost impossible for 3rd parties to flourish here. And the media and gov't have been complicit, by only offering funds to those that reach the magic 7%, and the media's refusal to recognize other parties (although it is very telling that that globalist neocon creep, Gary Johnson, has been on CNN at least 3 times in the last two weeks. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that he could draw votes from Trump, right? I mean, our media is so unbiased!)
edit on 2-8-2016 by nomoredemsorreps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Trump is not stupid. He has the intellect to be a pres. Trump is severely narcissistic, on top of whatever childhood negative influences that shape him now. These are not uncommon traits in politics, except in Trump they're of a level abnormal in politics. His life is ego and money, lots of money, both of which he must wear like a straitjacket, to ensure that he and he alone is in control (of himself and others). And this is where I think he diverges from what we tend to want in a pres.

This is not the first time he has run for the office, but this particular year provided the perfect opening. The 99% are sick and tired of the economic structural problems that have failed them for 30 years. One party has RINO'd themselves down to extremists, and it is through this party that Trump found a following. It is as if the body of the Nation, greatly weakened, has succumbed to a grave illness.

Was it supposed to happen this way for him? I doubt even he believed it could happen as it has, but it all fed his narcissistic ego, which would not allow him to back out but to go forward and fight to win. His life has been one long successful run of narcisism, ego, and money; but business is not politics, even though his followers encouraged him on as a business man to "save the country".

Trump cannot be honest with himself, which makes him dishonest and inconsistent with his statements. He has never before been held to this level of accountability or scrutiny. And he is proving a pathetic, weak human being. What was part of his success before is now part of his undoing in an entirely different sphere of society. He is a sham, always was and always will be; he knows it, but that knowledge is locked so deeply away, that he is on autopilot, being self-driven by his fabrications. He cannot live, survive, any other way now.

The Wizard of Oz was not so wonderful afterall.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
but business is not politics, even though his followers encouraged him on as a business man to "save the country".

Your entire post was right on the money, desert. I especially agree with this,

Trump cannot be honest with himself, which makes him dishonest and inconsistent with his statements. He has never before been held to this level of accountability or scrutiny.

I just wanted to address his credentials to run the country based on his business prowess, as so often cited by his boosters. I wonder if his supporters have this in mind when they tout his business accumen?

Circuit Court Judge Jorge Cueto, presiding over a lawsuit related to unpaid bills brought by a local paint store against the Trump National Doral Miami golf resort, ordered the billionaire politician’s company to pay the Doral-based mom-and-pop shop nearly $300,000 in attorney’s fees.

All because, according to the lawsuit, Trump allegedly tried to stiff The Paint Spot on its last payment of $34,863 on a $200,000 contract for paint used in the renovation of the home of golf’s famed Blue Monster two years ago.

Trump National’s insistence that it had “paid enough” for the paint despite a contract, according to the lawsuit, caused The Paint Spot to slap a lien on the property and Cueto to order the foreclosure sale of the resort.

Stiffing an American small business because his company thought it had paid enough.
That is the Trump way, not the American way.

Trump loses lawsuit, still to pay $300,000

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The American people are being well and truly played for fools. Clinton was always going to be the next president, and will be so. Trump is playing his part as such a caricature of ineptness and buffoonery that the 'elite' know full well that he won't make it into the White House, because no sane person would actually vote for the clown...that is how they get the person they (not who the people of America need) want as president.

Trump is nothing more than an offensive distraction, doing his best to come across as both a racist and a bigot, but even Clinton is, as I have said before, 'damaged goods', but she is whom mthe elite want in the White House to carry on the global agenda of their hegemonic empire.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
When I go to CNN and see this, it just tells me he must be doing something right.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
When I go to CNN and see this, it just tells me he must be doing something right.

Yeah, that's freaking ridiculous. Anyone who cannot see through that obvious bias is crazy.

link   

Yeah, that's freaking ridiculous. Anyone who cannot see through that obvious bias is crazy.

link   

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I fear for our first Amendment if Trump is elected President. This guy has literally attacked every precept of it. The press, religion, and now with this attack against this father, speech.

I fear for the future of the English language if the PC / SJW's get another 8 terms at the helm, with them rewriting / defining it as a hobby agenda, along with digital "book burning", blackballing / rabidly protesting / banning speakers and such that aren't PC, and much more making them without a doubt the most diabolical and dangerous threat to free speech since McCarthyism. And that's just tip of the Iceberg.
edit on 3-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

WOAH!

Where those ALL the 'proper' list of top stories for the day, or were they aggregated as Trump results?!?!?!?

"Trump bad for puppies". A story like that is just plain obscene.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Where those ALL the 'proper' list of top stories for the day, or were they aggregated as Trump results?!?!?!?

The pink highlighting means that the political operative who started this meme used a search function to aggregate all of the Trump stories. It's no-one's fault but Trump's if they are all about stupid things he has said or done.

ETA: Not sure who actually started it.
edit on 3-8-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Thanks for the red herring.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: nomoredemsorreps
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Why anyone watches mainstream media at all is beyond me,

Mainstream media is only ONE source I watch. And that includes FOX News. I also listen to some conservative radio shows and read liberal and conservative internet sites. I take in all sides of the discussion, then decide for myself.

Where is all the anger about the lies that Hillary told to the mothers and families of the men killed in Benghazi????

What are you talking about? There is plenty of anger out there about that. I don't like Hillary! I wish Bernie had won. Hillary does lie to cover her ass. But, by my personal assessment, Hillary is far more fit to lead the country than Trump. Clinton AND Trump both have negative points. Let me illustrate...

"you have NO RIGHT to spout off about being 'inspired' by anyone"

Donald??? IS that you?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Those people do not accept hillary has done anything wrong

That's simply not true! If that were the case, Bernie wouldn't have been as popular as he was. This is not a contest of "the flawed one" vs "the perfect one". Neither one is flawless. One simply has a lot more flaws than the other.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join