It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

CD a liberal term couched as modern day psyco block. First used by libs to describe folks they couldn't understand.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If you don't see the Democrats are suffering from severe cognitive dissonance then you are also suffering from severe cognitive dissonance.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

...."of Mr. Donald Trump... And his followers."

..."Why anyone believes anything this man has to say is far beyond my comprehension "

Why do you ASSume that you can Ascertain with Any Degree of Certainty the Mindset or Psyche of Registered Voters who are Thinking about Voting for Mr. Trump in Nov. ? On the other hand , If it came Down to a Choice of Voting with Ones Conscious , what do you Think Most Americans would do Considering the Candidates they have to Choose from in that regard ?
edit on 2-8-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

This kind of thing seems like trivia, but people size an individual up during moments like that. He didn't handle it well and wound up looking pretty charmless.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I fear for our first Amendment if Trump is elected President. This guy has literally attacked every precept of it. The press, religion, and now with this attack against this father, speech.

Trump really should have said that this guy doesn't have the right to be heard purely from the weight of his position as aggrieved father. Why? Because he sells bundled passports and green cards and he was selling out his son for political considerations.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: olaru12

This kind of thing seems like trivia, but people size an individual up during moments like that. He didn't handle it well and wound up looking pretty charmless.

Just so we do not forget that it would not matter what Trump said or how he said it right now. Hillary is getting the same as coverage Obama has been getting for his terms in office and Trump is getting the Tea Party treatment.

I mean dam Obama said today about Trumps disposition, ruff speech ect and he was the one that besmirched millions of american patriots with his "clinging to gun and bible" line. Hos meaning clearly toward christian types that bought him his rights by the way......what sort of temperament did he display there? Zero.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yes considering that everyone knows that Hillary should be up on indictments as we speak.......but instead is running for president.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Obama is not running for election.

How many of the sort of people, like McCain, Ryan, Cruz, Bush and Kasich, in the Republican Party, do you think Donald Trump can aggravate and still win? This is the part of politics that neither Mr. Trump nor his supporters take very seriously, but a failure to compromise, temporize and accommodate is going to be very costly, in my opinion.
edit on 2-8-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Trump really should have said that this guy doesn't have the right to be heard purely from the weight of his position as aggrieved father.

The First Amendment applies to everyone, period.

Why? Because he sells bundled passports and green cards and he was selling out his son for political considerations.

Even if these unfounded allegations were true, the First Amendment applies to everyone.
edit on 2-8-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: ipsedixit

He doesn't have the sense to shut up about Mr. and Mrs. Khan. He is fighting with important Republican Party icons like Paul Ryan and John McCain. He doesn't even have the charm, or humor to be able to handle the noise of a crying baby at a rally.

Well now Trump has alienated all Mothers....

This is the sort of thing that makes me wonder if Trump is running a purely satirical campaign, an Onion style performance piece.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

He doesn't have the sense to shut up about Mr. and Mrs. Khan. He is fighting with important Republican Party icons like Paul Ryan and John McCain. He doesn't even have the charm, or humor to be able to handle the noise of a crying baby at a rally.

This is the sort of thing that makes me wonder if Trump is running a purely satirical campaign, an Onion style performance piece.

Kinda makes you wonder what would happen if he actually took his campaign seriously, huh?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

... politically tone deaf.

....I think the wheels are going to come off his campaign long before November. His only chance is to show well in the debates.

......Right now, from where I sit, his campaign is dying the death of a thousand self inflicted cuts.

Trump is a great salesman. His sales pitch can change, because if one sucker doesn't buy, he knows that another one will. It doesn't work that way in politics.

In any election I've ever seen, I've never seen so much hope that a candidate can change.

He gave us a clue earlier this year as to how he could lose voters. If he wants to get out at some point now, well, I would urge everyone to avoid being on 5th Ave.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

...."of Mr. Donald Trump... And his followers."

..."Why anyone believes anything this man has to say is far beyond my comprehension "

Why do you ASSume that you can Ascertain with Any Degree of Certainty the Mindset or Psyche of Registered Voters who are Thinking about Voting for Mr. Trump in Nov. ?

Would the criticism carry any more weight for you if it came from a Harvard-educated psychiatrist?

So far it seems Trump's unpredictable instincts have served him well in business and in the 2016 campaign, and although Frank compares the GOP candidate's behavior "to somebody who is under 10 years old," it's actually Trump's followers who have Frank more unnerved.
According to Frank, Trump's repetition of phrases ("believe me") and pledges to single-handedly absolve the fears of the electorate have struck a chord, and have appealed to voters who crave reassurance regardless of the facts.
Frank says this dissonance has inspired a "hot" internal debate within the psychiatric community about whether its appropriate to be more outspoken regarding troubling aspects of Trump's public persona.

source of quoted material (bolding is mine)
edit on 8/2/2016 by Olivine because: spacing

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

yes...and....

what about trump's behavioral offenses?

What are they?
Be honest.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Trump absolutely shot himself in the foot with that comment, considering that 1/3 of voters are married women (who probably have children).
Here is the transcript when he heard the baby crying for the second time:

"Actually, I was only kidding, you can get the baby out of here," Trump said, gesturing like an umpire."
He added, "That's all right. Don't worry. I, I think she really believed me that I love having a baby crying while I'm speaking. That's OK. People don't understand. That's OK."

NPR

Trump is a jackass.

edit on 8/2/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Trump is a jackass.

Yes

He alienated lots and lots and lots of people.

edit on 8/2/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Obama is not running for election.

How many of the sort of people, like McCain, Ryan, Cruz, Bush and Kasich, in the Republican Party, do you think Donald Trump can aggravate and still win? This is the part of politics that neither Mr. Trump nor his supporters take very seriously, but a failure to compromise, temporize and accommodate is going to be very costly, in my opinion.

Watch this short video, and ask yourself if this is worse:

I would have to say this is a video I would show to any person who thinks that Hillary is any kind of option for President. It's downright scary, when you compare this to what she says to the press, and what the press parrot, and completely ignore.

It's exactly why I would not believe ONE THING I read or saw in mainstream media about Trump. They are going all in in an attempt to destroy him.

For those worried about the 1st amendment, remember this. Do you honestly think our press is anything but completely corrupt; bought and paid for? Isn't this one of the *central* problems of our country? That 5 corporations own 95% of what we see, hear and read? IMO, the whole things needs to be blown up. There isn't a decent individual left who could *remotely* call themselves a 'journalist'. They're all hacks, cowards, shills. And it allows the few brave journalists to be murdered for attempting to do their job, like Gary Webb, Danny Casolaro, Gary Caradori, it's a LONG LIST FOLKS. And the shills that call themselves 'journalists' have the blood of ALL these journalists on their hands, for being pipsqueaks and not following through on their brave works.

So I say, blow the whole press thing up. We need to completely remove all the corporate tentacles on our news sources, and limit their size. But don't touch the actual 1st amendment. And I don't think Trump would touch it. But I DO think he wants to blow up the farce that is our '4th estate' in this country.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nomoredemsorreps

And the most ironic thing is that I was on the fence about Trump, but the blatant obvious attacks by all the things in this society that I detest, made me realize that there must be something to this guy...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nomoredemsorreps

omg no. Please....take a step away.....think it over.....keep reading and learning.

Please.

We citizens...we can do this!!! We can make educated, thoughtul decisions now.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Care to explain the dichotomy between that video I showed and what Clinton actually says? How can you conclude anything but that at the very least, she is a sociopath? Because when she talks, it truly looks as if she believes the lies coming our of her mouth. Ain't no way I'm voting for that. No sane human being would.

That video is exactly what proved to me, never Hillary. It just can't be summarized any clearer...
edit on 2-8-2016 by nomoredemsorreps because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join