It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Godstuff
a reply to: Annee

Duh?... So what views does she have that you support other then "Trump must be stopped"

What you are saying is that being the leader of the united states does not require integrity

Being president of the USA requires winning.

Which requires getting people to vote for you.

Listen, maybe in your twisted, screwed-up, over-pragmatic world, 'being president requires winning'. But those are the words of a freaking sociopath. YOUR WORDS. What a ridiculous excuse for lying to people.

And gotta love the twisting of what Sanders did. Who cares if he was an independent or whatever???? WTF does that have to do with running in a primary, and having the DNC do things like, oh, have SEVEN freaking heads/tails in Iowa, where Hillary supposedly won every one! And then having states like NY and Arizona where magically, those people who were independents and switched to Democrat so they could vote in the primary, all of a sudden find their affiliations switched BACK so they can't vote! And in Arizona, closing almost all the voting centers to limit the vote.

See, what I described above IS cheating. Running in a democratic primary where the democrats LET you run, knowing what your affiliation is, is called a freaking AGREEMENT. That you can't manage to figure out the difference between what Sanders did and Hillary's people did speaks volumes about you and the twisted way you think.

Yeah, most definitely the words of a sociopath. And perhaps a psychopath...SMH. Stunning. To think someone can type that here and think they'll get away with it.
edit on 2-8-2016 by nomoredemsorreps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Whatever the outcome of this election, I have forever been disabused of the false notion that virtually all Americans share the same principles and values...He is a 3rd World wannabe dictator. Actually he is less intelligent than most 3rd world dictators. I am grateful for Trump as he shined a light on the actual number of people in the USA who would choose to be ruled. Sad, but we all need to be aware the danger is real.

Last night, Chris Matthews asked the Kahns if they thought Trump actually believes the things he says... I thought about my answer to that question and came to the realization that Trump doesn't really believe anything. I don't think he hates Muslims and Mexicans, I don't think he's particularly racist or disrespects women... He just knows he's on a the world stage, and he'll say whatever he needs to say to get the needle on the approval meter to bump up...

John Oliver answered this question well regarding Trump...
"The point is, with an answer like that, you are either racist or you are pretending to be, and at some point, there is no difference there.”

Otherwise...In the context of American principles...Asking the question...Are you an actual racist or are you just fanning the flames of racism to win votes?...really, the answer does not matter because they are both morally reprehensible.

if you don't have a moral center that guides your beliefs. If accolades and approval are the most important commodity to a person, they will follow the path that leads to applause, without thought of what they actually feel or think.

Trump is a celebration of sociopathy. He believes morals are paintings on walls and scruples is money in Russia.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Whatever dude, hillary is corrupt.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
a reply to: Indigo5

Whatever dude, hillary is corrupt.

How so? Honestly...I know that is the meme being sold, that Hillary Clinton is corrupt, but by objective political standards she is an average politician and by average political standards, Trump is the most dishonest and corrupt person ever to seek the office of President. That is a simply rational evaluation based on fact-checking and logic and absent propaganda and partisan craziness.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
It will be interesting after the election to see how many Hillary supporters are left posting on ATS, irregardless of who wins ?
I am talking a year from now, I am just saying.

I'm wondering how many Trump supporters there will be next February, one way or another.

By February...Trump will have lost the election, declared bankruptcy and Melania will divorce him.

He will get a show on XM Radio where he will become Glenn Beck light.

Most of his "supporters" will pretend they never supported him and the GOP politicians who are supporting now will be treating him like Lord Voldermort from Harry Potter..."He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"...hoping everyone forgets that they supported a mentally ill facist.
edit on 2-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Fun read...

The Devil and Donald Trump

Alone in his bedroom on a dark and stormy night, Donald Trump was inventing some tax returns, when the devil appeared before him.

“Fear not,” the devil said. “You need not file tax returns. Ever. Also, I will make sure you are elected president this year and again in 2020. But in return, you must sell me your soul. You must betray all decent principles. You must pander, trivialize and deceive. You must gain victory by exploiting bigotry, fear, envy and greed. And you must conduct a campaign based on lies, sham, hype and distortion.”

“So?” Trump said. “What’s the catch?”

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Change the thread title to "Hillary echo chamber, trump haters apply within."

And good Job BH, keep the divide growing and ever increasing. Good job.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nomoredemsorreps

I hope you enjoyed your rant.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
Change the thread title to "Hillary echo chamber, trump haters apply within."

And good Job BH, keep the divide growing and ever increasing. Good job.

Could you tell me how Trump isn't divisive. After he has alienated women, Jews, Minorities, moderate Republican and now a large segment of the military. For Trump to have any hope of winning the election....he better mend some fences.

Gin

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
he has alienated women, Jews, Minorities, moderate Republican and now a large segment of the military.

Didn't you watch the RNC? There were plenty of women and minorities and republicans talking for him.

If you want to see more of women supporting Trump then look below. Whole huge group of just Trump women!
twitter.com...

What comes to Jews. His daughter and son are married to a Jew, and well he also promised good ties with Israel.
www.reuters.com...

And what comes to the military claim, you should dig some evidence to back that up because without any it just sounds total #.

No alienation here folks.

edit on 2-8-2016 by Gin because: added twitter link

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gin

And don't forget Chachi! Seriously though, there's not a woman I know who will admit to even thinking about voting for him. Not saying some aren't, but, don't be so sure of those feelings there.

Oh, and Chelsea Clinton also married a Jewish man, and yet that was somehow sinister? I'm sure I saw that around here somewhere....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Godstuff

What views does Trump have that you lot so admire again?

You mean the bigoted, racist, myopic and misogynistic self-assured views? The view of himself as the owner of America if he wins?

Hater is hateful.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gin

I am a contractor with our Local GOP media pool. The Republicans I come in contact with are mostly vets as am I and they are voting Libertarian. They think Trump is a Pu$$y as does our ex Gov. and Libertarian choice for POTUS.

independentpoliticalreport.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You're right! trump has introduced cognitive dissonance into the election by not agreeing with the politically correct nonsense of the Democratic Party

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: skeptikal1
You're right! trump has introduced cognitive dissonance into the election by not agreeing with the politically correct nonsense of the Democratic Party

Apparently, not the GOP party either.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Trump's Mental State Is Becoming a Campaign Talking Point

This is not going to make him happy.

According to Frank, Trump's repetition of phrases ("believe me") and pledges to single-handedly absolve the fears of the electorate have struck a chord, and have appealed to voters who crave reassurance regardless of the facts.

Frank says this dissonance has inspired a "hot" internal debate within the psychiatric community about whether its appropriate to be more outspoken regarding troubling aspects of Trump's public persona.

I'm still going with psychopathy.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Trump's Mental State Is Becoming a Campaign Talking Point

This is not going to make him happy.

According to Frank, Trump's repetition of phrases ("believe me") and pledges to single-handedly absolve the fears of the electorate have struck a chord, and have appealed to voters who crave reassurance regardless of the facts.

Frank says this dissonance has inspired a "hot" internal debate within the psychiatric community about whether its appropriate to be more outspoken regarding troubling aspects of Trump's public persona.

I'm still going with psychopathy.

Better than the armchair psychology that runs supreme in these particular threads.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Wow. I can't even. You literally just described our queen and savior Hillary with your comment.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Up until very recently I thought that Donald Trump had a very good chance of winning the presidential election. I don't support him for reasons given in my handful of threads about him. Mostly it boils down to temperamental and intellectual unsuitability.

I've changed my opinion. Now I think that he may wind up with the lowest numbers of any presidential candidate since Walter Mondale.

The reason? He is politically tone deaf.

He doesn't have the sense to shut up about Mr. and Mrs. Khan. He is fighting with important Republican Party icons like Paul Ryan and John McCain. He doesn't even have the charm, or humor to be able to handle the noise of a crying baby at a rally.

I think the wheels are going to come off his campaign long before November. His only chance is to show well in the debates.

Right now, from where I sit, his campaign is dying the death of a thousand self inflicted cuts.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

He doesn't have the sense to shut up about Mr. and Mrs. Khan. He is fighting with important Republican Party icons like Paul Ryan and John McCain. He doesn't even have the charm, or humor to be able to handle the noise of a crying baby at a rally.

Well now Trump has alienated all Mothers....

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join