It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I sometimes feel that Trump is a political honeypot.
He is bait for Facists. Whatever the outcome of this election, I have forever been disabused of the false notion that virtually all Americans share the same principles and values...He is a 3rd World wannabe dictator. Actually he is less intelligent than most 3rd world dictators. I am grateful for Trump as he shined a light on the actual number of people in the USA who would choose to be ruled. Sad, but we all need to be aware the danger is real.

edit on 1-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Actually no I think Trump is buffoon and a court jester and his presidency will be the closest thing to idiocracy we would ever see, I have no illusions about his stupidity.

And yet I still want him to win, why because Hillary is shady, and she had a coronation that deprived the Bernie people of their democratic rights. She is boring, and to be honest I don't want to hear her cackle for 4-8 years.

Trump craziness will bring excitement to Washington, you fear him, I do not.
I don't fear Clinton either, but she is just going to be another Obama that does nothing to address many things that at least Trump acknowledges, now does he fix them with real change, well if he doesn't he will be out of office in 4 years.

I think many on both sides see the flaws of the person they support but as the OP says the cognitive dissonance is very strong this election cycle towards both Clinton and Trump. Those that have broken free of it will vote third party in protest, and I respect that. Others will be, "we have to stop her/him at all costs"

edit on 1-8-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Actually no I think Trump is buffoon and a court jester and his presidency will be the closest thing to idiocracy we would ever see, I have no illusions about his stupidity.

And yet I still want him to win, why because Hillary is shady, and she had a coronation that deprived the Bernie people of their democratic rights. She is boring, and to be honest I don't want to hear her cackle for 4-8 years.

Trump craziness will bring excitement to Washington, you fear him, I do not.
I don't fear Clinton either, but she is just going to be another Obama that does nothing to address many things that at least Trump acknowledges, now does he fix them with real change, well if he doesn't he will be out of office in 4 years.

I think many on both sides see the flaws of the person they support but as the OP says the cognitive dissonance is very strong this election cycle towards both Clinton and Trump. Those that have broken free of it will vote third party in protest, and I respect that. Others will be, "we have to stop her/him at all costs"

Yeah, I have to admit, that though I am still not sold on Trump and am well aware of all his fallacies, the thought of a Clinton, with her globalist, pro-banking, pro-corruption, constant lying to the American people, rampant disregard for human life agenda scares the crap out of me.

I am FULLY aware of all the evils our gov't has been up to, as I've posted here and other places, and I absolutely do not like the people that Trump has surrounded himself with: his campaign finance director is ex-Goldman Sachs, Rudi Giuliani is a freaking crook, and let Colonel Michael Aquino off the hook in his failed prosecution of Aquino's pedophile, satanic acts he pulled in the Presidio (I ain't lying folks, look it up) before he was granted the privilege of running for mayor of NYC, and Jeff Christie who is nothing but a fat bully, mama-state politician that wants to control everything we do...I could go on. It ain't pretty.

But even with all that, heck, even if Trump started killing people, I still would not vote for Hillary Clinton. As it is, I am deciding between Trump and the Constitution Party candidate, since the Libertarian ticket has been overridden by Neocons with that Bush-lover Gary Johnson trying to act like a libertarian, along with his drinking buddy, Bill Weld, who as federal prosecutor squelched any investigation by the gov't of Mena Airport and Bush and Clinton and the CIA importing coc aine (which got Gary Webb murdered in the process along with a lot of innocent people).

There aren't a lot of choices folks, but there is ONE clear non-choice, if anyone actually researches the Clintons. I mean, if you are a believer in the Neocons, then by all means, vote for Clinton. But you should at least be aware that this is what she is--A NEOCON, based on her and her husband's voting record.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This thread has been very interesting...

This must be where the Clintons internet army hangs out lol... weak troll is weak.

Trump is winning everyone over because he is talking about major issues, the biggest issues in the US while Clitons are just talking about Trump and how bad it would be to do things differently then a corrupt career politicians dictate.

Hope they are not paying you much... If you are supporting HIllary for free lol you should check craigslist more often.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Godstuff

She couldn't beat Sanders with her own views so she broke the law and cheated the man and his supporter.

And now she has changed her stance to match Sanders views in a attempt to gain more votes so she can beat Trump.

Trump who has MAJOR support on his own views, but really its the fact that he has enough integrity to talk about real issues, say Americans come first and Islamic extremism is a real thing thats rapidly spreading in the world.

Interesting

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Godstuff
a reply to: Godstuff

And now she has changed her stance to match Sanders views in a attempt to gain more votes so she can beat Trump.

Interesting

Yep..Hillary's a pandering politician who knows that most Americans are too dumbed-down to understand her real intentions.

But, you could tell from Bernie's glares at the DNC convention, that he doesn't trust her. He knows that after she takes office, Hillary will give him the middle-finger, and put their agreed-upon priorities at the bottom of the pile.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Duh!

If you don't win - - you can't make changes.

This isn't the Boy Scouts.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Duh?... So what views does she have that you support other then "Trump must be stopped"

What you are saying is that being the leader of the united states does not require integrity.

What you are saying is if not enough people support your views its ok to break the law and cheat to win.

What you are saying is you dont care what the "change is" as long as the Clintons are the ones to make it then you will support it.

WELL "DUH?"

edit on 1-8-2016 by Godstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Duh?... So what views does she have that you support other then "Trump must be stopped"

What you are saying is that being the leader of the united states does not require integrity

Being president of the USA requires winning.

Which requires getting people to vote for you.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

"Being president of the USA requires winning.

Which requires getting people to vote for you."

What you are saying is that being the leader of the united states does not require integrity.

What you are saying is if not enough people support your views its ok to break the law and cheat to win.

What you are saying is you dont care what the "change is" as long as the Clintons are the ones to make it then you will support it.

WELL "DUH?"

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Never said that. Those are your words.

Bernie was an Independent who chose to cheat by becoming a Democrat just for the Presidential primary. Depends on how you look at cheating.

Your words.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

"Being president of the USA requires winning.

Which requires getting people to vote for you."

WELL "DUH?"

Clearly integrity is not a value to voter, else we would not have Clinton and then Trump who makes her look like a beacon of integrity. Politicians, change views all the time to get elected. Trump changes all of his. This is the nature of politics.

It also the nature that you do not burn bridges something Trump is learning a to try and take some the heat off of feuding with now an entire group of dead soldiers parents he ask the GOP members in Congress to back him up, even giving the talking points to support him. The ones he thought supported him, ignored it, the other attacked Trump. lol imagine Trump in office with a united GOP and DNC Congress against him. He could pass no legislation, not be able to stop anything they wanted to pass, get no funding for any EOs or anything else and the first time he did something stupid they have the votes to impeach him. All because his egos writes checks he can not cash.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I already said who I was voting for, not my fault if you fail at reading.

You are just as tedious repeating MSM talking points, about how awesome sauce hillary is... and how crazy/racist/he is going to start ww3 trump is.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Give me a proper argument. Quote Donald Trump, argue why it is a breach of human rights, and employ your own reasoning instead of someone else's. This tiresome parroting of the "blogosphere", the groupthink involved in it, and the propagation of questionable propaganda is not reasonable by any means, nor evidence of anything but party dependency.

Still trying to tell people what they can and can't say, I see. Sorry if freedom expression extends to people who disagree with you.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Sorry, no link. You failed to address my post. All you have to do is look, but you avoid. It.

Since you admire Trump's frankness: that's a lie, and you know it. At least you are not trying to argue that Trump has good judgement. What kind of moron takes on the expense of maintaining two full sized passenger jets he has no practical use for and cannot monetize?

He doesn't have a fourth grade education. That's false.

There is a paper trail showing he attended a series of schools, but, if you had clicked on my link, you would know that functionally, he operates at a fourth grade level. He even acts like a fourth grader. Although ghost writers make him sound intelligent, when left to himself he struggles with expressing even simple concepts. So true, nothing past fourth grade (including math and civics) seems to have stuck.

He lacks curiosity? You lack curiosity, and you don't see me complaining.

Typical ad hom from you: attack anyone who proves you wrong. No wonder you like Trump. Trump himself admits he does not read; that suggests a lack of intellectual curiosity. Still, some people have different learning styles. The problem is, for all the encomiums being sung for him, no-one has ever said: "He is always peppering me with questions, and trying to come to grip with how things work." He is neither a reader nor a "hands on guy." He's just a guy who thinks he knows it all. Only he can fix things. (That's why all his businesses fail.)

Manifort is a Lobbyist? Yes, Mainort is a lobbyist, who owns and runs a lobbying business, who has lobbied for everyone from Bush, Dole, and to some Russian guys. Having a client isn't a crime in some circles.

But being an undeclared agent for a foreign government is. Do you really think it is a coincidence that Manifort is an associate of Yanukovovych and Russian oligarchs, and that Trump has made accepting Russia's seizure of Crimea a plank in his platform?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

The problem with Trump is he is embarrassing his party.

I don't swing left or right but there is no doubt he is going to send the right into meltdown in the weeks towards the election. But he is the man apparently and despite his fear campaign, his brain fluid leaking into his mouth and him being the laughing stock of the world is apparently good enough for the RP.

Hillary may be shifty but at least she has some experience whereas all Trump has been doing is flapping his tongue like a wind sock in a breeze. Would anyone like Foghorn Leghorn in charge of the nation? I certainly hope not

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It will be interesting after the election to see how many Hillary supporters are left posting on ATS, irregardless of who wins ?
I am talking a year from now, I am just saying.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Whatever the outcome of this election, I have forever been disabused of the false notion that virtually all Americans share the same principles and values...He is a 3rd World wannabe dictator. Actually he is less intelligent than most 3rd world dictators. I am grateful for Trump as he shined a light on the actual number of people in the USA who would choose to be ruled. Sad, but we all need to be aware the danger is real.

I agree... I am glad he's transparent enough to see through. Yes, transparency is a good thing. Unfortunately, seeing who someone really is does not guarantee that what we see will be good for the people of this country.

Last night, Chris Matthews asked the Kahns if they thought Trump actually believes the things he says... I thought about my answer to that question and came to the realization that Trump doesn't really believe anything. I don't think he hates Muslims and Mexicans, I don't think he's particularly racist or disrespects women... He just knows he's on a the world stage, and he'll say whatever he needs to say to get the needle on the approval meter to bump up...

Not believing in anything is why he so easily changes his stance on so many basic issues. It's easy to go from pro-choice to pro-life if you don't really care about or believe in either. It's easy to change your rhetoric on gun control, refugees, Hillary, healthcare, taxing the wealthy and torture, if you don't have a moral center that guides your beliefs. If accolades and approval are the most important commodity to a person, they will follow the path that leads to applause, without thought of what they actually feel or think.

Trump's Changing Views

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

The problem with Trump is he is embarrassing his party.

True. He's also embarrassing the country. Unfortunately, people from other countries are now convinced that Americans are too stupid to live. Only if they follow our news closely do they realize that the majority of us really don't support him.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
It will be interesting after the election to see how many Hillary supporters are left posting on ATS, irregardless of who wins ?
I am talking a year from now, I am just saying.

I'm wondering how many Trump supporters there will be next February, one way or another.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join