It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Accurate observations, it's not looking good for November and beyond is it?

No, it's not. But if one choice brings me another 4 years of Obama and the other brings total chaos, I'll take the 4 more years.

I have hope. I just heard Kahn speak on Chris Matthews and if he can have hope and love this country the way he does after what he's been though, I can do the same. He is very inspiring! We can't have Trump be the leader of this country. He would ruin it!

originally posted by: Granite
I stopped reading at #1.

Well, thanks for trying.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: redempsh

In other words, he knows exactly what he's doing, and plans and executes his "media moments" with the cold, dispassionate calculating sobriety of a surgeon.

I don't think so. He's off the cuff, and all over the place with his thoughts, thus, the "cognitive dissonance". Things don't jive in his brain. His thoughts are at odds, they conflict within his own brain. He's mean.

If he were as "calculated as a surgeon" he wouldn't spend so much time apologizing and lying to cover his tracks.
He was kidding, right. We misunderstood, right. He didn't do what it appeared he did, right. He didn't say that, right.

If he was a surgeon he'd be in a constant state of mal-practice suits. ? Oh wait.........

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
That is the point of my question in my above post. I am not sure exactly what sort of cognitive dissonance the OP is suggesting Trump is suffering from. It seems to me that Trump is merely inconsistent on lots of issues from day to day. a reply to: ~Lucidity

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Freedom of speech is a human right. You either believe it and respect the human rights of others, or you don't.

And Trump doesn't.

For instance?

Instance #1

Instance #2

Instance #3

Instance #4

Instance #5

Instance #6

Instance #7

Instance #8

This took me eight and a half minutes to compile.

Keep on telling yourself he represents the average American.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xtradimensions

Whatever the truth, or the lines in the play.....Donald is portraying a person unable to think outside of his own bubble.

Either way, he's dangerous. Whether he's faking his dissonance, or oblivious to it......makes no end diff.
The damage is already done.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Here's another one for all the Trump supporters.

edit on 8/1/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: redempsh

In other words, he knows exactly what he's doing, and plans and executes his "media moments" with the cold, dispassionate calculating sobriety of a surgeon.

I don't think so. He's off the cuff, and all over the place with his thoughts, thus, the "cognitive dissonance". Things don't jive in his brain. His thoughts are at odds, they conflict within his own brain. He's mean.

If he were as "calculated as a surgeon" he wouldn't spend so much time apologizing and lying to cover his tracks.
He was kidding, right. We misunderstood, right. He didn't do what it appeared he did, right. He didn't say that, right.

If he was a surgeon he'd be in a constant state of mal-practice suits. ? Oh wait.........

Knows exactly what he's doing?
Cold calculation like a surgeon?

Hahahahahah! The dude flip-flops on virtually every issue - hardly the trait of a "calculated surgeon."

Trump supporters see this man as a sort of diety, I swear. Defend him at every turn, praise him when not defending him!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobotBomb
This thread give Mr. Trump 1000 + more votes.

Thanks OP!

Trump has a solid base among right wing conservatives but with out women, minorities, Jews, moderate Republicans and the disabled. He doesn't stand a chance of being elected.....Clinton won't win, but Trump will lose and it's his own fault for insulting and alienating so many groups that he needs to get elected.

Who will he blame that on....the Media? When I watch TV, all I see is Trump.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

No.
Nonono.

Cold calculation like a conman.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: RobotBomb
This thread give Mr. Trump 1000 + more votes.

Thanks OP!

Trump has a solid base among right wing conservatives but with out women, minorities, Jews, moderate Republicans and the disabled. He doesn't stand a chance of being elected.....Clinton won't win, but Trump will lose and it's his own fault for insulting and alienating so many groups that he needs to get elected.

Who will he blame that on....the Media? When I watch TV, all I see is Trump.

And the same people who decree the "mainstream media," are absolutely obsessed with it now because they've continually parroted and perpetuates the myth that "Don is an outsider! He's shaking things up!"

We went from a period in which Americans were becoming aware of a rigged (s)election system that's operated from behind the curtains - and now we're cheering on the same government because "this time, it'll be different," and "this time, this person will clean it all up!"

I don't share the optimism of fellow Americans.

Ron Paul was given virtually NO airtime - that's a sign, as well as Gary Johnson. Trump, however?

Dude is plastered all over the place just as much as Hillary.

But he's an "outsider," and "anti-establishment." What a joke.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

No.
Nonono.

Cold calculation like a conman.

And (unfortunately), a very, very good conman.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: xtradimensions

Whatever the truth, or the lines in the play.....Donald is portraying a person unable to think outside of his own bubble.

Either way, he's dangerous. Whether he's faking his dissonance, or oblivious to it......makes no end diff.
The damage is already done.

The difference is that the OP's premise to his argument is that Trump is plagued by cognitive dissonance and that the many examples the OP posted are examples of said cognitive dissonance. I don't believe Trump is suffering from cognitive dissonance but rather he is merely inconsistent, doesn't think through his positions, and that he says whatever comes to mind based on his feelings at the moment. There is a very big difference because cognitive dissonance would indicate an inner-awareness that I don't believe Trump possesses.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Here's another one for all the Trump supporters.

They won't watch them.

Anything that exceeds the 140 (?) character limit on Twitter or isn't a meme goes over their heads and isn't worth their time.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
The Trumpledites keep attacking Hillary's character because they cant attack her policies or platform, because they are ignorant to the actual issues and incapable of formulating any solutions or resolutions like their fearless misogynist bigot billionaire leader.

Has anyone realized Trump almost answers every question about his policy or platform with "Build a wall!" no matter what the subject is? Has he actually said he was going to do anything else as president? Besides, you know, crashing the currency and lowering taxes for the rich?

Yeah.. Id be scared and looking for excuses if I was him too.

We have been attacking her policies for 8 yrs.

All it got us was to be called racists.

Everybody knows she hasn't an original thought in her head.

She's a woman that has had titles and that does not qualify anyone to be potus.

So Trump's 1st amendment rights don't count?

Oh, he's not presidential you say? He shouldn't talk like that? lol.

How should he talk? Like obama? Hillary? They both suck.

How about the word "comprehensive"?

Whenever I hear them say that word, I know everything said after is BS.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I will counter with Hillary Clinton. There is enough here to bury the b!tch.

I would vote for Negan over her.

Who cares about "words" and "feels".

Find another hero.

Enough said.

What I find ironic is that these 'pro' Hillary people never mention all of her crimes. They simply ignore them, even crimes like murders of teenaged kids (yes, 3 teenage boys were killed for what they discovered at Mena Airport).

Never mind the fact that everything Hillary and her husband have done in the last 20+ years shows that they are truly Necon Republicans and not Democrats at all. They've basically take over the Democratic party AND the democratic process, along with the best buddies, the Bush family, Romneys, and all the other criminals that run for office.

You'll never get a rational response to the 'a vote for Hillary is a vote for Neocons'...because there IS no rational response that can deny this truth.

And another thing I find funny in a sad way is that these people have to assume that just because you don't like the Clintons and what they represent, it means you're a 'right-winger' and pro-Trump! I am neither of those things. What I AM, is a person who focuses on the truth, and what these people DO, not what they SAY...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The opposite of Donald is not Hillary.

The response to every discussion about Donald should not be, "But Hillary...."

And also...

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I'm writing this to illustrate the cognitive dissonance of Mr. Donald Trump... And his followers.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hillary might be wrong on some issues but she's wrong within normal parameters.

What Trump is proposing would bring chaos and start trade wars along with alienating ourselves from the rest of the world.

It's no wonder why the intelligence community from former CIA directors to generals have come out against him.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

What I find truly sad is how easily people are manipulated in this country. Why anyone watches mainstream media at all is beyond me, never mind using it as some kind of 'proof' about what is really going on in the world, when it's obvious that they twist ALL news to suit their agenda.

I mean, this Kahn character. Where is all the anger about the lies that Hillary told to the mothers and families of the men killed in Benghazi???? How is that any different than what this Kahn character spouts? Oh, right, one is pro-Hillary and the other isn't. No wonder the Benghazi mothers aren't on tv, to fill the little minds, with 'inspiration'. SMH.

If you want to know what REALLY happened in Benghazi, just do a web search on 'benghazi moriarty dia clinton' and you will discover how the defense intelligence agency and ALL our 3-letter agencies control the press, threaten and try to manipulate the witnesses, and even destroy them financially. Until you know about the Moriarty's and what happened to them, you have NO RIGHT to spout off about being 'inspired' by anyone...because you're not being 'inspired', you're being manipulated, as anyone with a brain knows by reading what you write...
edit on 1-8-2016 by nomoredemsorreps because: add manipulation

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
I got two replies into the thread and the political bickering had already begun.

The Cognitive Dissonance of the Trump is a very stimulating topic and a very important one to understand, but right away too many want to turn it into a political argument of some type.

It isn't a political discussion, it is about the guy mental illness, and he is mentally ill.

I wish I had enough money to say anything I wanted, regardless of how stupid and offensive it may be because I had lawyers on retainer to squelch anyone with a retort, I would probably be a big stupid bully on my bad days too.

Does this #ing idiot ever have a good day though?.

He's not mentally ill.

He doesn't have a brain clot compounded by OCLD and short term memory loss.

OCLD, obsessive compulsive lying disorder.

Memory loss is forgetting what Comey said about her classified emails they found, in the 1000's.

Cracking her head before the Benghazi committee and her violent outbursts.

Probably has a drinking habit too.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Yeah, I know. But at least this way they can't say haven't been warned.

I've just been reading up on Manafort and his adventures with Marcos and Seko and Yanukovych. Exciting times.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join