It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: Annee

Cathy O'Brien didn't have any nice things to say about her.. I wonder how many kids Hillary Clinton have screwed, and how many virgins she sacrifices each year. Pertinent question.

Passing on that conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Freedom of speech is a human right. You either believe it and respect the human rights of others, or you don't.

And Trump doesn't.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Freedom of speech is a human right. You either believe it and respect the human rights of others, or you don't.

And Trump doesn't.

For instance?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But they wouldn't have to - and if this whole thing was orchestrated, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump was the catalyst - to put all the right-wingers and disgruntled citizens into a frothing frenzy, and name a VP who no one has heard of, and who is an Evangelical Christian -----

and then Trump defaults (ON PURPOSE) and Pence is the POTUS (PLANNED ALL ALONG).

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
But they wouldn't have to...

They would have to or they would have to re-write their rules that the Vice Presidential Nominee can become the Presidential nominee. Both parties currently have no mechanism to transition the roles in the case of the nominee not completing the process.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I am talking about if he gets elected, and then refuses/declines to take the oath. Or dies. Or suddenly disappears. Or is for any reason unable to take office, including whether Congress thinks he is fit.

I looked it up. A President can be impeached on grounds of "No Confidence."

I see what you're saying though - you're talking about if he quit now....
yes, Pence would be out also.

edit on 8/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I am talking about if he gets elected, and then refuses/declines to take the oath.
I looked it up.

In that case Pence would step into the role.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Right! That's what I was saying. I think that could plausibly be the plan. The Dominionists are really sneaky.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Don't they sort of make up the rules as they go along, though? On both sides? There was a big ruckus about the GOP convention "rules" - like, they wait until the week before to decide what the rules are.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yeah, both parties hold their rules committee meetings the first day of the convention to make the rules for the following cycle. I believe Sanders managed to get a large number of Super Delegates removed for next time.

Lot of good it did him, huh?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

He was just the appetizer. It's fine that he gets to go home now, and be the mentor for the next election. 2020. Things are going to change. It won't be quickly, and it won't be pretty or easy - but it's in the works, and there's no stopping it now.

Just like the hippies of the 60s....they started this ball rolling after it had stalled out already....

so in 2020 these kids will be adulting at full capacity.
And have the Boomers behind them.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

She's very intelligent, highly motivated, experienced, politically career focused from an early age, and seriously wants this.

The last thing she wants to do is screw it up.

Indeed. That's what I see, too - and then my spidey senses get the better of me.

But, I'm still on board. Berney pushed her a long way (or was cast in the role) toward the left. The USA isn't quite ready. I read an interesting piece this morning somewhere or other - that talked about that.

I don't "hate" either of them......I am totally interested in how it plays out, but whichever way, I'm just watching with fascination.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

He was just the appetizer.

I am sure he was thrilled with that.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

He did his job. He represented. He spoke as a Senator. He made our case. Everyone already knew Elizabeth Warren, and Hillary.....he was a fresh face, who willingly, and without pomp decided to throw a hat into the ring.

He did a fantastic job. He stuck to his platform the entire time. And he has nothing at all to be embarrassed about....Clinton and Trump, however, do have lots of baggage and history to be vulnerable to.

Bernie has no criminal or sinister or dishonest or scandalous items on his background. The only thing his haters have to say is "he didn't have a job".

Well, I'd say that this:

Senator Bernie Sanders is America's longest-serving independent politician in Congress and sought the Democratic nomination for president in 2016.

“What my campaign is about is a political revolution - millions of people standing up and saying, enough is enough. Our government belongs to all of us, and not just a handful of billionaires.”
—Bernie Sanders

Born in 1941, politician Bernie Sanders started out his political career as the mayor of Burlington, Vermont in the early '80s. He served four terms as the leader of Vermont's biggest city from 1981 to 1989.

Sanders then moved on to the national political arena by winning a seat in the House of Representatives.

From 1991 to 2007, he distinguished himself as one of the country's few independent legislators.

In 2007, Sanders won election to the U.S. Senate and was reelected in 2012.

He announced his plans to run for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2015. Despite defying all expectations and drawing a huge progressive movement during his campaign, he eventually lost to Hillary Clinton.

He did just fine. He's a true leader, and a gracious man. I would be so proud of the USA if he was our prez.
As things are, however, I'm pretty embarrassed.
edit on 8/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm with you 100% on this. I would LOVE to vote for someone I'm proud of. As it is, I just wonder how bad it will be, regardless which direction this election takes.
edit on 8/1/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've never seen so many people duped by one person. Their inability to see through DJT is at times, unbelievable. As in at times, I find it hard to believe so many people are so confused and willing to accept someone with his lack of credentials and personal qualities as President.

Hillary Clinton has been cleared by Congress and the FBI of wrongdoings. And yet, still we see the accusations over and over again as if true. What's true is disregarded, pushed aside as though it doesn't matter.

The blind following the blind. Like children, being duped into thinking they can catch the gold ring.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I know. It's only four years though --- those go by so fast....

and meanwhile, we have to just stay day-to-day vigilant....I read an interesting article about the Palmer Raids the other day - have you heard of those??

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

He did his job. He represented. He spoke as a Senator. He made our case. Everyone already knew Elizabeth Warren, and Hillary.....he was a fresh face, who willingly, and without pomp decided to throw a hat into the ring.

I am fairly certain if you had a conversation with the man he is not happy with the final results. I do not think he was looking for half measures.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I don't think so, either - but he accepted it gracefully, without pitching a hissy-fit.

That makes him all the more worthy of respect. I watched his speech at the DNC....his speech was delayed by thunderous ovations and applause. He made a decision to not stir up more crap and make things even worse.

See? He knew/knows that his own behavior reflects on those who support him. Class, integrity, common sense, and experience......he showed all of that. Make no mistake, he won't be shrinking away into the woodwork anytime soon.

edit on 8/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: pitching

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Honestly, I thought the GOP meltdown would have been resolved by now. It started at midterms.....
see, it takes years for this stuff to be realized.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join