It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cognitive Dissonance of Donald Trump

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I mean she seems serious and I'm glad we'll finally get a female president, but I still really don't like her much.

yeah like i said NOT Trump

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There is video of Bernie supporters chanting "F%ck free speech". Free speech has been under increasing assault by the left for the last 8 years. Where have you been?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Hey, there is always room to grow. That's what happened with Obama. I started off with a neutral opinion about him because I didn't know anything about him. The opinion turned negative for a while, but over the last few years he's really grown on me and I happen to like the guy now. So you never know, if she does a good job then I may come out the other end with a better opinion of her.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
There is video of Bernie supporters chanting "F%ck free speech". Free speech has been under increasing assault by the left for the last 8 years. Where have you been?

Since when does a random, anecdotal video represent legal discourse? You are REALLY stretching here.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Who cares? At this point, what difference does it make? I would vote for literally anyone before I voted for Hillary. Let's just pretend that every single thing the media says about Trump is true, hypothetically. He is a jerk? Okay. A little racist? Whatever. Doesn't like Islam? Sure. Insensitive? Likes to have a lot of sex with women?

None of it really matters at this point. If you compare the Clinton's to Trump, it makes him look like the reincarnation of Jesus. Everything the media has EVER said about Trump can be seen in the Clinton's times a million.

The president is not a dictator. It isn't like he has the power to be the next Hitler. It doesn't work that way. Both sides of the establishment hate him, including the media. With that being said, I will be taking a chance with him. There is no possible way by any stretch of the imagination that he can be more evil and more corrupt than Hillary.

If the establishment tells me that I need to either support or denounce someone or something, doing the opposite is the best decision.

The government and the media establishment have proven that they do not work or care for the people, so why the heck are people still following their orders and suggestions?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
But would they?

I would think they would want to hold a new nomination of some sort since Pence was not involved in the primary process.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

In their eyes, it did not happen, till their holy leader Hillary, that some may call Killary, say it.

That's why they still think she's not a criminal...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Increasing assault?

What restrictions have been placed on free speech over the last 8 years?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Thanks for adding that video. I was looking for it but couldn't find it.

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Since when does a random, anecdotal video represent legal discourse? You are REALLY stretching here.

I looked it up. That's not what they were saying anyway...
twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Excellent OP BH!

You put all the pertinent issues in perspective

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Apparently, it's not allowed to speak against Hillary, or you will be banned from a Convention...

Where is freedom of speech here? It's banned. She will ban a lot of stuff actually. That was just the beginning

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Thank you.

originally posted by: Nikola014

Apparently, it's not allowed to speak against Hillary, or you will be banned from a Convention...

What the hell are you talking about? Did you see the GOP convention?

You said that free speech has been under increasing assault by the left for the last 8 years.

Please tell us what the left has done to assault free speech?

Where is freedom of speech here? It's banned.

What do you mean it's "banned"? WTF?
edit on 8/1/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Where is freedom of speech here? It's banned. She will ban a lot of stuff actually. That was just the beginning

Besides the fact you just made that # up, that isn't even what freedom of speech protects. Freedom of speech ONLY (I repeat) ONLY applies to the government and the government blocking free speech. Why do you people who cry about free speech being infringed refuse to understand this point?

Y'all harp so insistently about the text of the 2nd Amendment and the phrase "... shall not be infringed", but apparently the phrase "Congress shall make no law ..." means nothing to you guys.
edit on 1-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Thanks for adding that video. I was looking for it but couldn't find it.

I looked it up. That's not what they were saying anyway...
twitter.com...

Of course not. Addressing that point was ridiculous to begin with. I can't believe I stooped to doing so...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Besides the fact you just made that # up, that isn't even what freedom of speech protects. Freedom of speech ONLY (I repeat) ONLY applies to the government and the government blocking free speech. Why do you people who cry about free speech being infringed refuse to understand this point?

Y'all harp so insistently about the text of the 2nd Amendment and the phrase "... shall not be infringed", but apparently the phrase "Congress shall make no law ..." means nothing to you guys.

That's the first amendment, not freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is a fundamental human right, evidenced by most of the declaration of human rights through the world.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Hey, there is always room to grow. That's what happened with Obama. I started off with a neutral opinion about him because I didn't know anything about him. The opinion turned negative for a while, but over the last few years he's really grown on me and I happen to like the guy now. So you never know, if she does a good job then I may come out the other end with a better opinion of her.

I voted for Obama because he said he was a methodical thinker, as I am. He said he would form a committee to address each issue, and present those conclusions only when reached.

This is a thinking man, not a reactionary.

Anyone, who believed, we'd pull all troops completely out of a war that continues to escalate is not being realistic. But, he did bring many home.

edit on 1-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

What assaults on free speech have occurred over the last 8 years?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Cathy O'Brien didn't have any nice things to say about her.. I wonder how many kids Hillary Clinton have screwed, and how many virgins she sacrifices each year. Pertinent question.

Do you think she drinks their blood after she's done violating and or killing them? You think she collects their skulls? Probably.. this woman isn't human like the rest of us, her long term goal is probably to ascend to demonhood..

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

That's the first amendment, not freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is a fundamental human right, evidenced by most of the declaration of human rights through the world.

I knew it would be a matter of time before you had to weigh in on this. No you are wrong. The first amendment and what it protects ONLY applies to the government infringing speech. Social or economic infringement of speech is 100% ok and has always been that way. Thanks for playing though.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I knew it would be a matter of time before you had to weigh in on this. No you are wrong. The first amendment and what it protects ONLY applies to the government infringing speech. Social or economic infringement of speech is 100% ok and has always been that way. Thanks for playing though.

My only point is that freedom of speech and the first amendment are not interchangeable. Freedom of speech is a human right. You either believe it and respect the human rights of others, or you don't. Freedom of speech is not limited to the government, as you stated.

Freedom of speech ONLY (I repeat) ONLY applies to the government and the government blocking free speech.

Thanks for playing.
edit on 1-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join