It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Labour MP Says All Men Need Gender Equality Lessons.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
All British males should be taught how to interact with women according to Labour MP Thangam Debbonaire.

“All men need this education, our indigenous population is not a haven of gender equality and you could have a situation where boys who have settled, just arrived, or been born here, would all get the same information on how they should interact with women.”

www.politicshome.com...

No mention of women being given lessons on how to treat men, presumably a strong indication that "our indigenous population is not a haven of gender equality".

I hope she'll be frogmarching Jeremy Corbyn into one of these equality lessons.

. . . I had found out from other front bench women how unwilling and unable Jeremy is to communicate with, listen to or work with anyone outside his narrow group.
www.debbonaire.co.uk...

Here's a comment on extreme anti-female violence in her own area.

Thangam has worked for over 20 years protecting women and girls against violence. BUT there have been 705 cases of FGM recorded in Bristol in the last 12 months with ZERO prosecutions ever.
www.bristolpost.co.uk...

Teaching every male in Britain how to interact with women as a way of preventing extreme anti-female violence seems likely to dissipate all the energy and achieve nothing.

Thangam Debbonaire needs to have lessons in targeting the problem.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I was raised in a granola eatting, feminist, female bread winning household.

I never really saw the disparty, until I joined the Army.

Women the most oppressed group ever.

What would you suggest the solution be other than education?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Screw labour and there social engineering BS. This is why they are not a credible party.

Money wasted on programs like that could be used on the NHS or our broken roads.

Least labour are crashing and burning and in no state to do anything

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

She's being sensible in her way. Ignoring the political sides for a moment....she's acknowledging that some incoming Muslims will be sexist and possibly sex offenders. Sure, she's phrased it in a way intended to be as inoffensive as possible, but that's what she's getting at.

With that in mind, she's saying schools should have more focus on sexual equality so that unfair treatment of women/girls is discouraged. After all, the youngest of immigrants/refugees will learn more about our way of life in school than anywhere else.

I also discern a subtext of no end-game for refugee or immigration numbers.

She's being reasonable in the scheme of things although many would like to hear people like her talking tough on justice too. For example, convicted sex offenders should be DNAd, fingerprinted and sent back to wherever they came from. Even if it's the middle of Aleppo.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I think all MP's need lessons in how to be friggin human beings, these scumbags are so out of touch of what is needed for the common people it makes me sick.....

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
F#ck Labour and everything they have to say, the war mongering idiots that nearly bankrupted the country all whilst enriching the local population with mass uncontrolled migration that has crippled the NHS and School system all whilst lowering the earning ability of almost everyone.

They think men need lessons in equality, you lot need a lobotomy.

RA

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

If it apply s to middle eastern and African immigrants I 100% support it.

But forced reeducation for ALL males to me is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
So when are British females going to be taught how to interact with men?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Saying *all* is ridiculous. If she believes *all* males require training in how to be decent to women, it's probably her who's the sexist.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I live in Manchester and you'd be amazed at some of the sexist bull# that comes out of men's mouths. Its so ingrained they don't even realise its sexist till you point it out.
These are guys my age so late 30s, they are now raising children who will follow their example.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
You have to love the irony. 'all men need... '.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

is this the perspective of a minority in the ideological extreme or a reflection of neutral logic on behalf of the common good?

Sounds like vindication so as to project an extreme perspective rather than a drive to solve a true problem.

Might make more problems....considering that the females of that population raised the men.....and are just about as informed as those they helped raise...so maybe this is BS that deserves to be ignored, not dedication for more concerted efforts.

True people are not femenists or macho...left or right. They are all things in balance. This is an imbalance.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
All MPs need lessons on the Democratic Rights of the People.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I live in Manchester and you'd be amazed at some of the sexist bull# that comes out of men's mouths. Its so ingrained they don't even realise its sexist till you point it out.
These are guys my age so late 30s, they are now raising children who will follow their example.

So true!

The ladies should go on strike and tell them to wash their own damn clothes for once. That'll teach them not to be so sexist. Make them cook their own dinners too lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

It would be easier to just round up the entire population and put them in reeducation camps. Seriously, tell your Government to sod off.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

It would be easier to just round up the entire population and put them in reeducation camps. Seriously, tell your Government to sod off.

Dont worry this party is not in power and wonr be for a long long time as like your democrats they are in the processes of sellf cannibalising themselves and caught up in voteing corruption.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RobotBomb
So when are British females going to be taught how to interact with men?

Interacting with men is easy. You start with a fresh sub roll, assorted meats and cheeses, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, ...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
And people wonder why the Labour party is completely unelectable at present.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I think you are definitely on to something.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

In the long list of demographics that need re-educating, men learning how to act towards women runs a very very distant second to politicians learning how to come to terms with reality.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join