It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidney stones (oh how I hate thee, let me count the ways)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

My sympathies! No remedies I'm afraid - just an amusing story to go with the others. One of my friends had them quite bad, but he had no idea. No symptoms, nothing.

Anyway one day he doubles up in pain at home. His missus was out and he didn't know what the problem was . He described he pain as if someone had shoved a coat hanger into his groin, and was slowly twisting it back and forth (his words!).

He rang the ambulance who said they'd be there in about 10 minutes. In that time the pain for even worse, and rang his wife - urging her to come home immediately. He told her he was dying!

It got so bad he went outside on his front garden to wait for the ambulance to arrive, on his knees screaming in agony. I don't know - for some reason I had the image of the front cover of Platoon in my head when he described it!

I think he actually passed out when he managed to shift it as well, so go steady!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The best way to avoid kidney stones is to try to lessen the intake of foods with high oxylates and stay away from high vitamin C supplements. If you do eat oxylate foods, make sure to consume calcium foods along with them. The calcium will bind to the oxylates and the oxylates will not enter the body and be excorted out in the feces. That is what the info says anyway, it seems to work. Oxylates are heat stable to about ten minutes of boiling then they break down. So boiling veggies can lessen the risk.

I used to have kidney stones once in a while and I have learned how to lower the events, now they don't happen much anymore. Coffee is high in oxylates but also has a chemical that makes it so the oxylates will be excreted without causing stones. The article I read said how it works but I just needed to know it worked. If your interested, the article can be found on science daily.

Here is one which slightly discusses this subject www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Man, thanks so much for all the responses, guys. Haven't been on the computer much today to thoroughly check out all the links and recommendations yet, but I am now. Has been painful just sitting straight up in my computer chair. I had to go back to the ER today because the Tramadol continued to do absolutely 'effing nothing. Prescribed me Hydrocodone this time, instead. Different ER doc, probably why. And boy is it ever working; CANNOT feel the aching stabbing pain at all right now. Gave me a strainer to pee through, as well. Have pissed twice since being home, and there were extremely tiny, dark particles. Not sure if sediment from the stone, or... coagulated blood/flakes(?). They detected blood in my urine the first night there, so. Anyways, hope this thread keeps going; is refreshing to see other people's stories. Man, glad I am not alone!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

This is why when my neuro listed potential kidney stones a possible side effect of my daily meds, I resolved never to be anywhere without a large cup of readily drinkable, mostly water liquid. I generally put down an easy 64 oz+ every single day in an effort to avoid this.

I am horribly paranoid.

Friend of ours had one and he described the experience in excruciating detail as only a medical professional can.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Boron binds to the calcium in oxalate stones and decreases them, 10 mg a day should be enough although I would take it twice a day if I had a kidney stone, try and get some pure water reverse osmosis or ozone water as ozone kills most of the rubbish in the water supply.
you also need to preload with tyrosine to increase the uptake of boron you can use boric acid as well always take boron after food 30 minutes

Pure gum Turpentine breaks the rubber down in the rubber based kidney stones you can buy turpentine in a glass bottle in art stores never use it when it is in metal or plastic containers or If you really want pure turpentine I can give you a recipe that you can make it yourself but the artist based one is fine turpentine is also a fantastic cancer cure as it kills fungus in the body.

cut out dairy products the calcium phosphate balance is wrong and therefore causes these build up minerals to wreak havoc in the body, also synthetic Vitamin D in the dairy deposits the calcium anywhere in the soft tissues unlike natural vit D which deposits the calcium in the bone where its meant to be

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I saw a man in the E.R. once who had kidney stones, he was dripping sweat from the pain. Even though it was a slow night and only him, none other person and myself were there, the took their sweet time getting him triaged. I felt so bad. I insisted he go before me since I was only their for a tetanus shot after cutting myself on something rusty.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There are a lot of methods to calm the pain down, however it needs to pass, and you can't speed it. Here is what can help to survice through this: Get a heating pad and place on the side(s) experiencing pain. Additionally, you can try getting into a hot shower, allowing the water to spray onto the afflicted area. These provide temporary relief, as they are methods of distraction for your body.
The heat allows your mind and body to focus on an additional stimulus, taking the full focus off the kidney pain. The heat not only distracts the mind but also relaxes the tender, swollen muscles around the kidney. This allows some of the muscle tension to ease up, thus making it easier for the stone to work its way down.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Wow, page two and no one has said. ALL of you with kidney stones need to immediately look up Chanca Piedra. Right this second. This is not a joke.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I know I guy that had them. He had two. They kind of sucked one out but the other that was still inside suposedly slipped through the tisue and the pain was gone. don't know how this is posible. He also said that some people have huge stones but they dont bother the organs...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Currently suffering from a kidney stone for the past week. Finally decided to go to the ER last night thinking it was a bad kidney infection this whole time. Nope, CT scan revealed it to be a 4mm shard making its way through my ureter tube. Taking all damn eternity to reach my bladder so I can piss it out finally. First time having one; hopefully last time having one. The Tramadol (synthetic opiate) they prescribed me for pain is just making me feel spaced out moreso than actually alleviating the pain. It literally feels like someone has my kidney and abdomen in a vice grip. Came across a recipe on the net that said to mix one part water, second part concentrated lemon juice, and third part apple cider vinegar -- to prevent kidney stones and to help alleviate the urination pain that often accompanies kidney stones. Not the best tasting, but I'm desperate to try anything at this point until the stone actually passes. Anyone else on here currently suffering from or has suffered from kidney stones? Any tips/advice?

And for those who have never experienced it, here you go:

Did it or they pass?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here is the thing about herbal remedies...there is no concrete science behind them...some stones move quicker than others..some stones may not even hurt as they pass and depending on the stone it could be couple of different variations.

I let one of my stones sit in lemon for a day with no breakdown..still crystallized like a pointy grain of evil sand.

Your stone will move primarily due to the amount of liquid you can take in...and it can be beer.

I've done the asparagus, several cans of soda and the biggest help are pain killers.

Like every other herbal myth a lot of this stuff is horsecrap. It usually takes a week or in my case a few weeks for a stone to pass and unless you have an ultrasound before and after to determine it's measurement there is no proof that they are dissolved through herbal remedies.

I have had enough of them since my early twenties to test all the theories and I'm now in my late forties..

edit on 6-10-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join