It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third party Candidate Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Just heard through the VPOA that Aljazeera English had offered a live streamed debate for the Constitution party, green, libertarian, and VPOA...

Libertarian declined from the get go... then Constitution, and green backed out at the last minute... Kenniston had his ticket bought and bags packed when he got word it was cancelled.

What the deuce... I didnt realize the third parties are so well known that they can turn down these things..

Has anyone else heard this?

it was supposed to happen on the second, I just got word yesterday.

If your a supporter of one of these parties could you ask them why they declined?

We need to get the word out if we ever want to actually make a dent in the two party strangle hold.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

If your a supporter of one of these parties could you ask them why they declined?

Maybe because no politician in their right mind wants to be associated with Al Jazeera in any way?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Maybe ATS or other independent media outlets should offer a similar gesture and venue as well. What does it cost to host such things? I would be interested going in on that. What would it cost for a live streaming debate in regards to network capacity to handle millions of views??? Is it possible with current technology/equipment?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I hate to say this because I am a libertarian.

But the libertarian party put up Johnson and Weld. Both men hold very anti libertarian ideas that I simply can't get behind. They are fake libertarians and neither of them are even being questioned by the membership of their own party.

The Green Party has Jill Stein who advocates for pseudoscientific quackery, outright denialism, and other stupidity that I simply can't get behind. Unfortunately that is the core of her constituency.

The Constitution Party is basically non-existent, their members aren't active in much outside of soapbox speeches on YouTube, and their candidate has even been talked to by any media because they almost never release statements.

3rd parties make themselves irrelevant. It's a god damned shame but it is what it is. They do it to themselves and then complain about the two party system they helped create with their incompetence.
edit on 1 8 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Yea... my jaw hit the floor when I heard Gary Johnson supports TPP... Pushing those two its hard to see how they are holding to the Libertarian values.

It is a shame... this is a great chance this election to actually catapult a third party into the mix for the next 4 years and instead it looks like established third parties no longer care... like they have been bought out and are going through the motions to keep the illusion of choice.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

This is the dilemma I'm facing. Which to pick, because now even the 3rd party groups are starting to look like the D's and R's.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

Look at us... Veterans Party of America... I get that Kenniston doesn't appeal to some, but check out the party as a whole, you don't have to be a Veteran, just an American that believes in the Constitution.

We are looking for people to help challenge all the uncontested elections in the country, its a shoe string budget the entire way but currently not bought.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Link me up, Irishhaf!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

Sent you a PM with the info...

Veterans Party of America

I strongly urge people to look at the VPOA if they are feeling disenfranchised...

If you want to run for office, we are looking for people to run, No you will not get millions for your campaign... but if you pass the simple vetting process you will get support for your effort.

If you volunteer, to help make the change you want... there is no pay... right now every dime that comes in goes to elections/paying the bills.

So if you like no pay...long hours... little chance of immediate gain... just the satisfaction of trying to help change the direction of your country... come on over, be happy to have you.

new topics

top topics

join