It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romantic Relationships With Erratic People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This thread is a follow-up to the thread linked to below. I'm starting a new thread because I want to analyze the analysis that I received.

If you're everything then aren't you nothing?

I was very surprised that posters were trying to explain the erratic behavior I described. It's not that I don't think any potential explanations are important in the big picture. I just don't see how the potential explanations would be relevant to staying in the romantic relationship I described (with no marriage involved).

I got a lot of different potential explanations for the behavior I described:

"sociopath"

"always two sides of the coin"

"psychic vampire"

"it was potentially your fault"

"downward spiral of deceit"

"bipolar disorder"

"PMS"

"hormones took over"

"borderline personality disorder"

"relationship dynamics"

The reasons for the erratic behavior are irrelevant to me. It's not like we're talking about a blood relative or someone I'm married to. In those cases, the reasons make all the difference in the world.

In this case, I just wanted out, or I would have ended up with a severely damaged psyche.

Concerning a romantic relationship with an erratic person, how would you deal with it?
edit on 31-7-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Sounds like a bipolar person to me. Swings from one side to the other. Maybe a horny demon keeps trying to take control

You can control demons with holy water, you know the type they drank in the bible that is made with grapes and gets you drunk.

edit on 31-7-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Two people makes one relationship, so if you say you want two stories of a relationship with two people in it, you are a sociopath? If a listen to a single source of information I would be called an idiot, but it's great to know when I ask for two side of a coin, I'm a sociopath.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

In my former life as a touring musician...the WORST I had...absolutely the worst...was a young lady who was a schizophrenic bi polar alcoholic...who would get up in the middle of..."relations"...say nothing...go to another guys house for an hour or so...climb back into my bed to continue...

She would also stand in the street by her car and chug a fifth of peach schnapps...then drive off without knowing her headlights werent on....

It took 5 years to get her to leave me and my now wife alone. She would call passed out snoring on the other end or just hanging up...30-50 times a day....blowing up our answering machine!

I do hope to this day, she got help, quit drinking and found peace. Lord knows she didnt give me any!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Can you define erratic? Is that like similar to sporadic or random?
From my personal experience with relationships, you see each other whenever and wherever...just happy you are in each others presence... work and play away from one another should not be such a tight nit schedule... as we are given the gift of free will... do whatever we want as human beings... or what we need..as long as everything is in agreements... according to each individual involved...
A very great and wonderful member posted, this... props to that certain one...

Bruce lee is very wise... and he lives on...

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This is a reply to the last post (I couldn't quote the last post for some reason):

erratic

I agree with your view of relationships.

Bruce Lee's "Be like water" speech encapsulates my view of life fairly well. I agree with the concepts presented in the speech.

edit on 1-8-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion thank you for posting the definition... it might stick it might not... have a good night/day...😎

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I dated someone who was extremely emotionally irrational. It ended horribly. It turned so ugly. He ended up stalking me for years. Sometimes it can be handled if you go to counseling and if they truly have a mental health issue that you can work with. But if it's so much and causes you too much pain. Let it go. It's best for both of you.

new topics

top topics

join