It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! From UKExpress, Explosion in Olympic Stadium In Rio

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: Glinda

I'd say this is more sabotage and terro.

Just a training exercise....

A Rio-based correspondent for the Wall Street Journal, Paul Kiernan, said authorities had confirmed the detonation was a training drill. 'Explosion today at Rio's Maracana stadium was a training exercise, fire department says,' he tweeted. Another journalist dismissed initial reports the explosion occurred inside the stadium.

www.skynews.com.au...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'm sure Rio hired only the best private security ... GS4. We all know they only hire the best, most stable employees.

G4S, security company belonging to the spouse of the Wicked Witch of Westminster, the one that she was giving all the fat prison contracts to when she was privatising jails. I'm sure now she's PM she'll have lots more ways to look out for her own once more...
edit on 1/8/16 by djz3ro because: I had the spelling down but just as I finished one of the before mentioned flying Monkeys swooped down from my loft hatch and changed one word, just one. Well i had to fix that spelling and dispense of that flying simian....

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I should have read more, thanks for the correction

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'm sure Rio hired only the best private security ... GS4. We all know they only hire the best, most stable employees.

G4S, security company belonging to the spouse of the Wicked Witch of Westminster, the one that she was giving all the fat prison contracts to when she was privatising jails. I'm sure now she's PM she'll have lots more ways to look out for her own once more...

Actually, GS4 isn't and never has 'belonged' to the husband of Theresa May, it's a total urban myth pedalled on the internet and has seen more than one ATS member wrap themselves in knots trying to prove with absolutely no success, but God loves a trier I suppose.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda

And they just hired security? Should t that have been in place over a year ago?

They had hired a security firm who turned out to be worse than useless, not to mention only hiring a fraction of the staff they were being paid to hire (and presumably pocketing the difference).

That firm has now been kicked out and a new security firm hired.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

But just damn. Eat the losses NBC and Olympic Committee types and bail while you can.

I agree. Cancel this mess before hundreds die.

Frankly, I'd cancel the Olympics forever. Its just games for the elites anyway. A total waste of money.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Actually, GS4 isn't and never has 'belonged' to the husband of Theresa May, it's a total urban myth pedalled on the internet and has seen more than one ATS member wrap themselves in knots trying to prove with absolutely no success, but God loves a trier I suppose.

Cheers for the info, I read about it online a while ago, if we fact checked everything we read on the internet we'd never do anything else. So I appreciate when someone helps out, a less smart ass fashion would have been more appreciated of course...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Cheers for the info, I read about it online a while ago, if we fact checked everything we read on the internet we'd never do anything else. So I appreciate when someone helps out, a less smart ass fashion would have been more appreciated of course...

I apologise if you thought I was being rude, but then if you read your post that I responded to, it wasn't without its own level of smart ass attitude - I responded in kind, though you would appreciate.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
They need to cancell this sh@t before it get's out of hand..what a farce.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I apologise if you thought I was being rude, but then if you read your post that I responded to, it wasn't without its own level of smart ass attitude - I responded in kind, though you would appreciate.

My attitude was directed at Darth May, not the person who mentioned G4S.

I knew tensions were gonna be high during the Olympics but I really hope it goes off without any incident...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

they are telling all the swimmers to keep their heads above the water....some guy threw up on an athelete while his accomplice stole the athletes bags during the distraction.

the police have been at the airport holding a huge banner that says "we cannot protect you"

part of the "opening ceremony will consist of Gisele bunchion being "robbed" I kid you not!!!!

there was a special about this olympics on HBO this past month...also included the winter olympics in Russia and talked about the summer Olympic in Bejing and how they will have the winter Olympics in Bejing (several years down the road).....they will TOTALLY have to mass produce all the snow ( there is no snowy winter there)....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

My attitude was directed at Darth May, not the person who mentioned G4S.

I knew tensions were gonna be high during the Olympics but I really hope it goes off without any incident...

You don't think 'Darth May' or 'wicked witch of Westminster' are smart ass comments? I'd agree they aren't particularly smart, but there we go.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The only times the Olympics have been canceled were WW1 and WW2.
The ZIKA virus bombe may or may not prevent some from attending but I doubt the games will be canceled.
We will keep the thread open for now.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

they have to temporarily quarantine each horse that is arriving for the equestrian events, to make sure they don't have that horse disease...that has been going around there, it is not treatable at ll and deadly.

runners have been advised...no running outside at night ,too dangerous

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
This whole olympics is a disaster waiting to happen. Floating feces making swimmers sick, a severed foot washing up on shore at the volleyball venue, now this. Just scrap this year, and the whole olympic committee, and start over.

You forgot the Zika Virus rampaging around the entire country, that's going to ruin futures a lot more than a turd or two floating about in a pool.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

today they had the australian swimmers get out of the pool the water was so milky and murkey...they don't want the swimmers to get any infections from the water...

the russian diplomat was attacked by a brazilian motocyclist who broke his car window..they had a scuffle inside the diplomats car and the diplomat got the robbers gun and shot him dead....

so...Pele was supposed to light the flame...but he is too sick and announced today he can't do it....who will they get to replace him??
edit on 5-8-2016 by research100 because: added new info

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

so peolpe are complaing it started an hour late (on the east coast I guess)...

chinese basketball team fired on by gangsters after their bus left the airport their way from the airport

police shooting tear gas at protesters outside where the opening ceremonies are being held

bomb scare at the copacabana during the opening ceremonies

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 5-8-2016 by research100 because: added new info and link

top topics

<< 1   >>

join