It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death and the Tunnel of Light: The Final Grand Trick

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
Or just go right back immediately.
Game of Worlds

That would work as well but I don't think it counts as a game over. It's sounds like you got a do over.

It reminds me of most NDEs where there is light and love and relatives that have gone on to better lives and then, something tells the person having the NDE that it isn't their time yet.

I had a similar experience but it was an OBE and I flew up until I was in total darkness. I was alone and it was the most peaceful emptiness. Then I felt a flutter. Like a restlessness and although I couldn't see anything I knew that there was a spot somewhere past the darkness where, in keeping with the theme, it was still my turn.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

That would work as well but I don't think it counts as a game over. It's sounds like you got a do over.

In psychiatry, confabulation (verb: confabulate) is a memory disturbance, defined as the production of fabricated, distorted or misinterpreted memories about oneself or the world, without the conscious intention to deceive. Individuals who confabulate present incorrect memories ranging from "subtle alterations to bizarre fabrications", and are generally very confident about their recollections, despite contradictory evidence.

The context of the OP is the possible manipulation of humans by outside(non-human) influence, and how people should react to them. The story I linked to was written for a fiction writing contest, theme being something like "If you were the ruler of the World".

The story contains confabulation with enough fiction to bend it into what would fit the theme.

Objectively, the narrator did a back dive off a cliff which should have resulted in death by broken neck. Subjectively, a seed was planted in the child's mind which if properly cultivated would have resulted in a solipsist attitude toward life and perhaps even full blown delusions of grandeur.

My hope is that I put enough into the story to suggest a considerable span of years is involved from the beginning of the story to the end.

The end then,

The laughter may begin at any time, signaling the end of my turn. That's true, but in the meantime, I fight on, as a man.

would suggest that the grown up version of the character prefers to live as a human rather than as the "co-creator" of the World. The same basic theme of Philip Jose Farmer's World of Tiers series of books.

For this thread then, the story represents the human's ability to judge for himself.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I got that but I thought there was a nudge and a wink. My own experiences, no doubt, made me see that.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I got that but I thought there was a nudge and a wink.

The nudge and wink would be a confirmation of the VR made by us, the archons?

In The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
(published in 1980), Zaphod is separated from the others and finds he is part of a conspiracy to uncover who really runs the Universe. Zaphod meets Zarniwoop, a conspirator and editor for The Guide, who knows where to find the secret ruler. Zaphod becomes briefly reunited with the others for a trip to Milliways, the restaurant of the title. Zaphod and Ford decide to steal a ship from there, which turns out to be a stunt ship pre-programmed to plunge into a star as a special effect in a stage show. Unable to change course, the main characters get Marvin to run the teleporter they find in the ship, which is working other than having no automatic control (someone must remain behind to operate it), and Marvin seemingly sacrifices himself. Zaphod and Trillian discover that the Universe is in the safe hands of a simple man living on a remote planet in a wooden shack with his cat.

Perhaps someone who has read the books more recently knows where the reference is to the incident wherein a replica is made of a building wherein all knowledge of everything ever is stored. In the story, the actual building is fatal (at least psychologically to people) because their sheer insignificance is evident. But the replica, made to trap Zaphod, confirms that he is actually the most important person in the Universe because it was made specifically to trap him.

But here's another link to a thread I started long ago with very little participation by ATS members: Consensual Reality or Consentual Reality?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You're right that dimension as alternate reality and dimension as an axis of space or time is different, but wrong that the popular conception of dimension doesn't exist in physics. Both the many worlds version of QM - the multi verse, and the idea that black holes might be singularities for different universes with potentially vastly different physical laws exist.
edit on 2-8-2016 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
from the Essene Gospel of Peace Book 2:

"Do not wait for death
To reveal the great mystery;
If you know not your Heavenly Father
While your feet tread the dusty soil,
There shall be naught but shadows for thee
In the life that is to come.
Here and now
Is the mystery revealed.
Here and now
Is the curtain lifted."

We have been given an open door to be sought after within our lifetime. Do not stop seeking until you have found!
edit on 2-8-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Which is more scary...a calm devil or an angry angel?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Which is more scary...a calm devil or an angry angel?

What's better: the quiet and comfortable decay of your soul, or rightful discipline?
edit on 2-8-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

That depends, on how good that dicipline was wouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

What is funny is the term demonic....like they can't just say they are evil interdimensional beings.....no....it somehow has to be tied to God and the Devil yet again.

bookmarking for later too...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I've seen the "tunnel of light" during a mild fainting spell. I even had out of body experiences. I wasn't dying it was just a trick of the mind

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

I personally believe that is why the population is so HIGH, folks losing their touch w/The Divine and HAVING to re-incarnate...

Yeah it couldn't possibly be because mammals like having sex, that would just be silly.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

And a really good episode, I'm liking your post a lot.

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I know this is an old thread but current events, specifically, the Scientific Remote Viewing work by Farsight Institute seems to point to this thread as likely to be true. They have a project called Death Traps and other projects around it, using scientific methods.
Andro

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join