It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Yourself a Favor.... Take a Break.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So I was right then? :-)

Anyhow - I did say wannabe. You don't really qualify

You said earlier:

Most political violence is perpetrated by those who mix their emotions into everything, that a nice and quiet room and lullaby for them might do us all some good. This is not directed to you personally, but I think in general it might.

I know you think words should have no influence or effect on emotion, so there can be no actual bullying on the internet. If this is true - what's the point in having emotions or expressing them?

I asked last post:

I've noticed that people that have genuine emotions are people you don't exactly admire or respect. Why is that?

Words do not have influence or effect on emotion, as I've showed numerous times. Something else does.

Everyone has genuine feelings, including yours truly. You're wrong on that account. What I do not respect is those who feel they have to tell others about them all the time, but only because such behaviour is selfish and self-serving, not because they are particularly evil or anything like that.

So tell me about this fan theory you have. Am I compensating for something? Maybe I was bullied too much?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Just edited my last post, so, pleasantly surprised to see a real reply:

Words do not have influence or effect on emotion, as I've showed numerous times. Something else does. 

Everyone has genuine feelings, including yours truly. You're wrong on that account. What I do not respect is those who feel they have to tell others about them all the time, but only because such behaviour is selfish and self-serving, not because they are particularly evil or anything like that. 

So tell me about this fan theory you have. Am I compensating for something? Maybe I was bullied too much?

Mine, will have to wait until later, it's impossible on the phone

And in case we're about to get sanctioned for being off topic - it all definitely goes back to the OP...
edit on 8/1/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Just edited my last post, so, pleasantly surprised to see a real reply

Mine, will have to wait until later, it's impossible on the phone

And in case we're about to get sanctioned for being off topic - it all definitely goes back to the OP...

I can understand taking a break from posting on the Internet—it is not healthy, for one—but to leave because one generates herself into a fit of anger over what she reads seems to me irrational. One can just as easily not read it, not take it personally, and not invest so much emotion in it, while saving the rest of us the display of one's wounds as Balzac said, and the desire for our pity.

I battle with the problems of mobile use too. Big thumbs and little keys are a problem.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Will you two get a room and let this light topic continue?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Will you two get a room and let this light topic continue?

Apologies, good sir. Sometimes light convo leads to deeper discussions.

I was a Norm fan myself.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
sorry intrepid...

:-)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid
sorry intrepid...

:-)

haha, even without his superstatus he can call the shots.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join