It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Shots fired". Trump responds to veteran's father who gave speech at the DNC.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

What does this have to do with trumps claim of an equal sacrifice? . This is transference. Let's substitute a more palatable subject for the thread than the one where trump better provide some apologies to these people he has maligned or slip even further down in the mud.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: atrollstalker

And they're off...topic that is
See how they do that?

It's trump. His uncalled for derogatory comments about Muslim women. That is where we need to focus.
Not oh it's so unfair let's find some diversion instead.

Trump smears Muslims then says, " That's what people are saying" twice. Like he can't even own his own thoughts and ideas. He thinks he's reinforcing his viewpoint with appeals to authority(everybody says so) when he has nothing to support the stupid things he says.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out why the guy was mad at Trump and what connection his son has to him.

With Trumps "muslim ban" would they even be in the US so his son could join the army and get killed by his own religion?

No, they came to the US in the Pre-Trump era.

Trump didn't deploy him, neither did any of us here.

Maybe they can camp out at Trump tower like Cindy Sheehan did to Bush.

What Trump said was fine. imo. Just as relevant as attacking him.

The guy was a soldier, he was killed in the line of duty fighting people that are still causing problems, 12yrs after.

Now how does Trump owe this guy and his wife anything more than "sorry for your loss and we are grateful for your son's service"?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Meanwhile, back at the topic, what about the person in question?

Khizr Khan’s rhetorical scorching of Donald Trump was one of the most memorable moments of the Democratic National Convention. His former Hogan Lovells colleagues say he is a man of character.

law .com

Why does that law firm's name ring a bell?

Records obtained by Breitbart News reveal that Hillary Clinton’s own lawyer’s firm represented the company and handled the patent for the program that Clinton used on her private email account.

New York tax attorney Howard Topaz became Bill and Hillary Clintons’ personal tax lawyer in 2004 and started filling out the couple’s tax returns. Topaz was a partner at Hogan & Hartson, which later merged to become known as Hogan Lovells, where Topaz continues to practice. The firm’s lawyers were major donors to Hillary Clinton’s first presidential campaign.

Breitbart

Guess who else used to work there?

In 2002, she joined Hogan & Hartson LLP (now Hogan Lovells) as a partner in the firm’s New York office.

Loretta Lynch

You know, just to provide a little context...
edit on 31-7-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed tag

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

So the Democrats and MSM making issues of Patricia Smith, mother of Benghazi victim, at the Republican National Convention was OK. Let's cleave to our double standard.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
What is odd is their son is dead at the hands of Bush & Obama by having him deployed instead of back home stateside, but somehow Trump is the evil because he wants to scrutinize what is currently tearing Germany and France apart. The DNC spin factory hard at work.

He died twelve years ago, how the hell do you lay that at Obama's feet? Bush was a republican.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Trump's instincts were right.

Khan is a militant proponent of sharia and admirer of the muslim brotherhood and almost certainly holds to the traditional muslim viewpoint of the wife being subservient.

shoebat.com... to-advance-sharia-law-and-bring-muslims-into-the-united-states/

I saw that article too. I'm looking for second-source corroboration.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

We're supposed to toss logic and reason aside for 'teh feelz'

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Annee

I am voting for Trump because he has the courage to expose the inherent brutal sexism of Islam.

Muslims consider women property and women cannot speak without their permission.

This is particularly true of Pakistanis who accept "honor killings" as part of everyday life.

Just a few weeks a brave Pakistani model was murdered by her family for daring to speak out on social media without permission.

Hillary and her supporters enable and promote the most brutally sexist and misogynist culure/ideology on the planet- Islam.

Trump considers women the same way, can you say civil suit by a woman that says the Trump and Epstein raped her when she was 13. When has The Donald ever shown any respect for women, oh wait Megan Kelly, nope, his first wife, when he cheated on her, nope, his daughter, when he said if she wasn't, he would date her, nope. Mysoginistic Douche Weasel = Donald Trump

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It is apparent we see things differently. You only see Trump's statements as an attack on women.
I see a devout Muslim supporter saying Trump has a black heart. I guess our priorities are different.
So, in my opinion, you changed the topic.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I saw that article too. I'm looking for second-source corroboration.

What about a paper he himself wrote?

Juristic Classification of Islamic Law

Journal of Contemporary Issues in Muslim Law

This journal publishes scholarly articles and book reviews on Islamic law and it’s legal application in various societies and states. This journal is committed to focus on contemporary issues that related to fiqh, Islamic law, comparative law between civil and Islam, fiqh muamalat, Islamic economy and Islamic banking.

edit on 31-7-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: more to say

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Can you not see that this is all set up to attack Trump?

The opposition roll out 1 (yes ONE) muslim family who have had a son die fighting for the US to directly attack Trump, and somehow in the feeble minds of the sheeple this maes all muslims a-oh-k and so American they might be made out of apple pie.

Roll out the thousands of muslims who have comitted attrocities and what do they say - "oh, these aren't real muslims, blah, blah, blah".

So the actions of the thousands that do bad things should be ignored as not being indicative of islam, and the one family in this story should be put on a pedestal and lauded as being typical muslims?

Or is it just to attack Trump?

I think it's a lot of one and a bit of the other, but really what this shows you is an insidious type of politics that I thought was more prevalent in the UK and Europe than the US.

It's a kind of politics that tries to enable victory by default, because rather than having to be elected on your merits and ability, if you can paint the other guy in a very dark light and make them look worse than you do, then you win.

So the electorate rather than having to listen to who has and will do whatever and pick the best, is left with a choice of picking the least worst based on their perceived faults.

And since the person who is the best at painting people in a bad light will be a manipulative, deceptive, lying, cheating, self serving, hypocritical, nasty, and quite possibly evil sack of crap, then you really don't want anyone with those attributes being anywhere near being in power.

But sadly since they are the most ambitious and the most vicious if you allow this type of politics to flourish then in the end those will be the only choices you will ever have.

Bad - worse - or evil.

No it is about a Presidential candidate belittling American Citizens, because of their faith. For all of you the claim to be constitutional conservatives, maybe you need to think of things in a different light. That phrase has become such a dog whistle I will never again vote for a candidate that uses it. Constitutional Conservative = Pro Gun, Pro Life, religious nutjob.

(post by Teikiatsu removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Writing about Sharia 'justice' does not mean he is advocating for it to be the law of the land in the USA.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
I'm still trying to figure out why the guy was mad at Trump and what connection his son has to him.

With Trumps "muslim ban" would they even be in the US so his son could join the army and get killed by his own religion?

The guy was a soldier, he was killed in the line of duty fighting people that are still causing problems, 12yrs after.

Now how does Trump owe this guy and his wife anything more than "sorry for your loss and we are grateful for your son's service"?

Only problem is, Trump didn't and couldn't say those things, he went into Pit Bull mode instead. Can you see why some of have issue with him dictating foreign policy.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Only problem is, Trump didn't and couldn't say those things, he went into Pit Bull mode instead. Can you see why some of have issue with him dictating foreign policy.

Yes, but do you think pit bull outbursts will be the totality of his complete foreign policy?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
a reply to: BubbaJoe

All the sharia-loving Muslim douche weasels fully support the way Hillary acted towards her husband when Bill cheated on her. What a good, subservient woman.

You and I agree on nothing in this forum, however, how a couple deals with infidelity by a partner, is no one's business but their own. I am sure the good Christian Dominionists were cheering her as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Nucleardoom

This is about trump the soldier who died and his grieving parents. Not about Obama.
Stay on target .

Nice deflection and good job at trying to pigeonhole the subject while ignoring the fact that Obama and his administration actually increased our military involvement in the middle east. The kid was an unfortunate victim of a corrupt system that hasn't changed one bit since Bush and is even worse under Obama.

Sorry but that IS relevant to the subject whether anyone want to address it or not.

A simple question - Was the reason behind why this kid died justify his death? Ask yourself that question.

It's actually really ironic seeing his father capitalize on his son's death, soap-boxing for the DNC while in the National TV spotlight, considering it's the same corrupt system that's responsible for his own son's death. Actually very sad. RIP soldier.

edit on 31-7-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Yes, but do you think pit bull outbursts will be the totality of his complete foreign policy?

No, but some of his foreign policy decisions may have him pushing buttons. While I am not afraid, and hope I go in the first exchange, his thin skinned, pop off responses to people worry me.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

Nice deflection and good job at trying to pigeonhole the subject while ignoring the fact that Obama and his administration actually increased our military involvement in the middle east. The kid was an unfortunate victim of a corrupt system that hasn't changed one bit since Bush and is even worse under Obama.

Sorry but that IS relevant to the subject whether anyone want to address it or not.

A simple question - Was the reason behind why this kid died justify his death? Ask yourself that question.

It's actually really ironic seeing his father capitalize on his son's death, soap-boxing for the DNC while in the National TV spotlight, considering it's the same corrupt system that's responsible for his own son's death. Actually very sad. RIP soldier.

Somehow everything that has happened in American History is Obama's fault, we get it, you don't like him. Washington lost several boats crossing the Delaware, you want to tie that to Obama? You be better off, tieing them to me, My GGGG something Uncle was the one that gathered those boats.
edit on 7/31/2016 by BubbaJoe because: Can't type

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join