It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times, enough is enough!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
New York Times, enough is enough! Your one sided view on todays news stories is becoming rather aggrevating. Man, from the Swift boat vets to the Dan Rather scandal you have consistently shown your biased reporting day after day. I’m not on the right, or the left for that matter, and don’t agree with the current adminstration on many things but come on just report accurate news. I can make up my own mind and don’t need someone to alter my news to get their point across. If this was just another right or left publication then I would just dismiss it as so, but for Gods sake this a daily news paper circulated in the countries largest city. It is there, mainly, to report the local and world news and is one of the most widely read newspapers in the world so come on get it right. Please, just report the facts on the news and leave the opinions for the other sections. The last time I checked it wasn’t titled The New York Editorial so come on just give me the facts and let me make up my own mind.
Man, this type of stuff just angers me. I have become so weary of the bias in today’s news. I used the Times as an example but I know it’s rampant with many newspapers and media outlets for both sides. What ever happened to just giving us the facts and letting us make up our minds. There are still those in this country that can do that. Here are a few recent examples that just make you want to put your head in your hands.

chrenkoff.blogspot.com...

www.thatliberalmedia.com...

members.aol.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The New York Times is disgusting. I live in New York City and canceled my subscription long ago. It's not just its editorial pages, the entire paper, including supposedly hard-news stories, from front page to last is steeped in hardcore liberal-progressive bias. It's just getting worse and worse. Bob Kohn exposes this in his book Journalistic Fraud: How The New York Times Distorts the News and Why It Can No Longer Be Trusted.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
... and acknowledge that there are a couple of "conservative" authors working for NYT, who are so severely biased, hawkish and pro-Israel that it really counterweights the left bias on the other side! Hence, NYT is pretty balanced.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I was being fair Aelita, I put links to sites that showed examples from both sides. Believe me, I'm stating that I'm just sick of bias from both sides but NY Times has just become so ridiculous that it was a prime example. For instance, I had to laugh yesterday while watching Fox coverage of the Rice hearings. She was asked if she considered the abuse in Abu Gharib as being a form of torture. She did everything she could not answer the question but at the bottom of the screen on the Fox ticker it read something like "Condi answers the tough questions on abuse". Please, I just want the news, and not views.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
... and acknowledge that there are a couple of "conservative" authors working for NYT, who are so severely biased, hawkish and pro-Israel that it really counterweights the left bias on the other side! Hence, NYT is pretty balanced.

With the retirement of William Safire the only conservative commentator left at the NYT is David Brooks. But my main problem with the NYT is not the Op/Ed page, it's the way they slant hard news to their agenda by their wording, article placement and choice of articles -- such as their overreporting of the Augusta National Golf Club and Abu Ghraib in comparison to all other mainstream media outlets and their omission or hiding of any good news for President Bush.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

How does having "a couple of conservative authors" (token conservatives?) balance against a whole newspaper biased toward the liberal side

[edit on 1/19/2005 by centurion1211]

new topics

top topics

join