It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too little, too late? Or could it actually work?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Remember the chat forum(s) were dropped here not too long ago. Too much confusion, disrespect and I believe degrading down into a mass of peat moss.

I dont think (and we asked) that any type will be returning soon. Ask a mod. Send a u2u to Springer or S.O.-site owner. They'll explain...or correct me if Im mistaken...or plans have changed to start up again. Dont think so....

But starting your own for ATS'rs? That could be cool

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Oh, i forgot to clarify in the op, woukda cleared up your confusion, hopefully.

The goal of the globe is to have chat rooms for each level of commujity on the planet... From global level things like world hunger, world peace, space program. Also disputes between continents and yes, working down to neighborhoods and camps etc. Though, to start, it'd be cities up to the world, and people could add in chat rooms for smaller levels, or different ones at higher levels for huge topics, like all the examples at the global level would be different topics.

(I'm aware they were just examples) But there wouldn't Be any vote for mayor , no need for a mayor when that cities people are already talking about that cities problems, deciding how to fix them, and then actually carrying out those solutions, all on their own.

No need for mayors, or politicians, or presidents...
No need for wars, armies or weapons(except for possibly an overwhelmingly hostile alien threat)...
No need for money, or greed...
No need for ego.

That said, somebody from China wouldn't have a direct influence on how things in Ontario, Canada are handled, but he is free to leave any suggestions he has on Ontario's comments section...
a reply to: jappee

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ScriptedSociety
Okay, two comments sections at every scale. One solely for constructive criticism from outside influences like a Chinese guy giving advice on how to fix Ontario's rat problem...

And one for keks. With a bog ol warning label XD prolly not for kids, either.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
l feel like you didn't read the OP. Or anything else I've said.

That said, you do give an interesting idea. Meta chats for websites...
Hmm... Website wars? Not literal, aggressive and evil wars, mind but fun ones. reply to: mysterioustranger

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I totally understand moderators will be in theory there to identify trolls and flamers, but like moderators at twitter banning Milo. Or FB, Google censoring whatever they don't agree with. Where does it end? Moderators at a global scale would have tremendous powers of influence and control. Too much in my opinion, and we have that problem already just in our present (global)media platforms.

edit on 7/31/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well, nobody would be able to be banned, except by overwhelming majority... Ala rotschild
The human half of moderation would be randomly elected from the populace... They would exist only to monitor the chatbots... And again, the whole modding operation would be completely transparent.

To be honest im a lot more worried about hackers... But, and heres the beauty of the plab, i kboe there peoplw out there, hackers that would help with such a ptpblem.

Any problem at all, can habe the weight of the entire world driving towards its peaceful solution.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I'll leave with this...there is no hope of utopia thru digital media. IMO it's impossible.

It is a nice idea, but a flawed concept in practice. The current state of media control and manipulation proves it. You will never remove the tentacles as the system stands.

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Whether or not you are tight about it being impossible, you are wrong when you say it has no hope. I have hope in it, and I will not lose it.

The current state of media does Not disprove me... If anything it further validates my original argument. You said it yourself, media is manipulative. Plainspeak, media is serving an agenda which is NOT the betterment of the people its supposed to inform... So why should we listen to media? Why not create a media, that actually gets its job done? I'm trying to, with my proposal.

See, you keep disagreeing with me, citing corruption and manipulation.

When in fact, you're just further proof that it Could work, if people were wiling. You see, by you expressing your wariness, You're letting me know that if this site was a thing, you could be just one of the people it would need, people who would safeguard it from corruption...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I did read every word you said. The idea in general is a good one. Re-read my response.

Best

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join