It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Bernie Supporters Being Disrespected And Humiliated By Their Fellow Democrats ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Who really changes intrenched beliefs because of an internet post?

Your right, all these discussions effect maybe 3% of the people who aren't sure and are waiting for more input.
Were at the point where people are dug in on both sides, whatever is presented against their guy/gal is viewed as lies and propaganda from the other side or the media.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Interestingly, I don't know who I will vote for yet.

But I do know who I will not vote for.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Did you watch the coverage from both the 2008 and the 2016 DNC, what you are saying does not fit with reality.
I think you are taking your personal feelings from 2008 a bit far.
edit on 31-7-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Support for Clinton is slightly higher among Democrats and Democratic leaners who backed Sanders in the primary contests: 85% say they plan to vote for Clinton in the general election, compared with 9% who say they will vote for Trump and 6% who volunteer that they will voter for another candidate or don’t know.

They are not including independents.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Of course I watched them both.

And I do not think I am taking my feelings too far. The DNC is not my friend, they aren't my buddy, they don't make apologies, and they disenfranchised me (and 18 million other Hillary supporters), in 2008, when they simply handed Obama delegates that Hillary actually WON in Michigan.

And his name didn't even appear on the Michigan ballot per his own doing.

I don't have to take that kind of abuse and I refused to stick around for it, AGAIN.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I would imagine that most independent Bernie supporters that voted for him in the primary would be considered 'Democratic-leaners.'

Regardless, I think it's fair to compare the poll of Hillary supporters, in 2008, to that poll. Keep in mind, MOST of Hillary supporters, in 2008, were democrats. And still 54% polled said they would not be toeing the party line and voting for Obama.

And, again, I hope Bernie supporters prove me wrong and bail on the DNC and Hillary, in November.
edit on 31-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The "source" at the bottom of that poll goes to a 404 Not Found page, AND it's an internet poll... so it doesn't mean anything. Not that real polls mean much more, but that one is nothing.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yeah both political parties pulled shenanigans, there was a ton of Ron Paul people in 2012 on ATS, the GOP did the same thing to them. People ask were did they all go ? Some just gave up on the political process and just went back to living their lives, they were burned out after two election cycles, others(fewer) went on to support Bernie or Trump.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Uhhhhhhhh . . . Perhaps it is somewhat inherent . . .

Folks who have bought the propaganda and the RAD (Attachment Disorder) conditioning that:

1. Their 2 year old narcissistic mentality has some relationship with reality;

2. The world owes them a list of wonderful things just because their idiotic notions and behaviors are constantly spewed across the landscape;

3. Their rebellions and idolatries are reasonable, right and going to be fruitful of additional goodies from Uncle Sam, the oligarchy, the planet . . . all they have to do is march, blame, demand, screech, yell, accuse . . .

4. Their similarly minded political idols are great icons of sanity and responsibility and will faithfully insure the regular delivery of goodies for nothing;

5. Their smug, haughty, self-righteous anger is always justified and will produce wonderful responses from the nation, the landscape, the universe;

6. Those who see life 180 degrees differently are automatically defined as insane, stupid, evil;

7. Anyone who is not 100% in lock-step-mind-numbed agreement with them at the moment are only worthy of contempt, rejection, derision, hostility.

= = =

So Bernie is only worthy their contempt. He didn't survive the oligarchy games so he is O U T--OUT. The designated super-stooge and supremely arrogant Queen Bw*tch will reign supreme by decree. Out d*mn spot--on with the show.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

When you are disenfranchised, it's not surprising you aren't interested in participating in elections. That's not taking anything too far, BTW, either. It's the exact response voters should have after being disenfranchised.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Here is the direct link, it's true it's an internet poll, but it gives you an idea of what the Gen X and Millennials are doing.
Of coarse how the baby boomer's vote or not vote will decide this one last time.

Poll

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Did you watch the coverage from both the 2008 and the 2016 DNC, what you are saying does not fit with reality.
I think you are taking your personal feelings from 2008 a bit far.

BTW, did you watch this, in 2008:

I am not taking anything too far. Imagine if the DNC Rules & Bylaws Committee gifted Hillary with delegates that Bernie actually won?

Definitely watch that video...it's the 'stuff' that the DNC is made of.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Yeah that is BS for sure, same thing happened to Ron Paul.

‘A new documentary about Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney premiered Friday night at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah. During one of the final scenes in the movie, a confession is admitted.’

Near the end of the documentary, the film shows Mitt Romney in his national campaign headquarters in Boston. It’s the day after the 2012 General Election in which President Obama easily defeated the Republican nominee. As the beaten candidate gives his staff a post-election goodbye speech, he publicly admits that the Republican nomination was stolen. The movie doesn’t say who they stole the election from, but it’s obviously Ron Paul. Paul was the last remaining challenger and had won a series of caucuses - victories that were also stolen by the party. Throughout the campaign, Romney often publicly wondered how he was winning when his rallies drew 200 supporters while Ron Paul’s were drawing 20,000.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Hillary is establishment, Bernie is not, key difference.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Key difference in what way?

Obama was Establishment, too. The only people who thought Obama was an outsider were his gullible supporters. And they admit now they were all wrong and taken in by his BS rhetoric.

54% of Hillary voters said they would not vote for Obama and support the DNC Establishment nominee. So I am not sure what your point is here?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

That's my point. They were both establishment, so switching was no big deal. It was also the Establishment who will vote Dem no matter what .. which were the Hillary supporters.

Bernie ran with an anti-establishment platform, so his supports might find it more difficult to switch to the establishment, so 2008 might not be a good comparison.
edit on 31-7-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That's my point. They were both establishment, so switching was no big deal.

Bernie ran with an anti-establishment platform, so his supports might find it more difficult to switch to the establishment, so 2008 might not be a good comparison.

But they DIDN'T switch. Not in the numbers that Bernie supporters are switching to Hillary.

After Hillary dropped out, only 54% of Hillary supporters said they would vote for Obama. Link

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I have always been respectful to Bernie supporters and to Bernie Sanders himself.
I am firmly in Hillary's camp and have made no secret about it from the beginning.
Bernies peeps are young democrats. I welcome them to the process and experience and welcome them to the party.
They don't have to vote for Hillary. They need to give Bernie more democratic house mates to help move his policies forward. Skip president or write in your choice but Bernies ideas can't go forward with a republican house.

Every seat in congress and half the seats in the Senate are up for grabs this year.
Vote D to help Bernie get his ideas passed.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The Democratic convention appears to have helped solidify support for Barack Obama among former Hillary Clinton supporters, with the percentage saying they will vote for Obama in November moving from 70% pre-convention to 81% after the convention

www.gallup.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Every seat in congress and half the seats in the Senate are up for grabs this year.
Vote D to help Bernie get his ideas passed.

Hahahahahahahahahaha .. hilarious. Vote establishment to get anti-establishment ideas passed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join