It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would I be profiled if I download app to read Quran?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Thanks for all the responses.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

You have, like us all here, already been profiled simply for joining ATS.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

*submitting tip to FBI*

No you're fine mate.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013

And what has happened to any of us due to being members? My Known Traveler ID has not been pulled, I can still leave the country, come and go as I please and last time I checked there was no FBI van parked in front of my house.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And what has happened to any of us due to being members? My Known Traveler ID has not been pulled, I can still leave the country, come and go as I please and last time I checked there was no FBI van parked in front of my house.

*"cable guy" van screeches off from near Augustus' premises*

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

what has happened to any of us due to being members?

Wasn't Jared Loughner MK Ultra'd...

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
*"cable guy" van screeches off from near Augustus' premises*

Damn, I was honestly hoping it was the Candy Van.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Everyone on the internet is profiled, to think otherwise is to your own detriment.

Google analytics.

Good point. If you download a Koran app you will be pestered by pop up ads for prayer rugs and discount flights to Mecca. Better if you just buy a copy at a used bookstore.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It took me 15mins to buy a New AR-15 from a legit gun shop with background check and my CCP is still active. However I think if they tried to stop us from stuff it would tip us off they are watching.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

No you won't. It might help to realize that Muslims have been a part of America for a long time. Even Thomas Jefferson had a Qur'an and he taught himself Arabic from it.

But if you're really worried about it, you can read it for free online. Quran.com has several different translations, though I strongly suggest native English speakers start with the Pickthall translation. You can even read that translation in my sig for free. You can probably also find free pdfs if you're really interested. (Haha! Just found a PDF of the Pickthall translation while typing this & it's here for free!)
edit on 31-7-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Just go to your local Mosque and ask for a copy if you want one. Otherwise you can read it online through various websites. This is good since you can find many different translations for quick comparison to make sure you understand what you're reading.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Unless you are already being actively monitored by some part of the intelligence community due to suspicion about previous activity, you are fine.

For example, of course the government is able to see what you download, what you post, what you check out at the library, who you call on the phone, etc. But you need to get on the radar before they bother. To be fair, unfortunately getting on the radar can be as easy as attending a few protests or getting caught with a radical leftist zine, as I and many of my friends found out. But that led to harassment and intimidation, not long term jail time or being disappeared or something. It resulted in getting our Facebooks printed out and handed to us like "Haha, look what we can do," and remotely sending dumb texts from our phone numbers, lurking around outside the house, etc.

Unless you get framed by someone like Brandon Darby or are a POC or a Muslim, being on the radar isn't the end of the world. Don't get me wrong - # the police - but everyone makes a blip on their stupid radar sometimes.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I don't think anyone would care if you download the Quran. Now, if you were to download the Quran AND also download instructions for making bombs... someone might have an issue with that.
Lol nice one

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScriptedSociety
Just go to your local Mosque and ask for a copy if you want one. Otherwise you can read it online through various websites. This is good since you can find many different translations for quick comparison to make sure you understand what you're reading.

I would dare not go to a mosque the same I wouldnt walk to a group of black people and say hello. I am just not welcome from their POV.

Ps, all my friends of every color know what I meant, do not exacerbate confusion of the sensitive subject.
edit on 31/7/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01
I would dare not go to a mosque the same I wouldnt walk to a group of black people and say hello. I am just not welcome from their POV.

You a mind reader?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

A little.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Thanks!

No problem.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:11 PM