It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooter - Austin Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Breaking news
One dead according to early reports
Many injured

cnn.it...

Doesn't sound good!

'(CNN)A shooting early Sunday in downtown Austin, Texas has claimed the life of a woman in her 30s, according to the Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services. Several other people were wounded in the shooting.

There are multiple victims with gunshot wounds at 208 East 6th Street, EMS says. Three people have been transported to the University Medical Center Brackenridge.'

edit on -050031SundayAmerica/Chicago16 by Otley because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jul 31 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: ADDED TAGS IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Pool Hall shooting. Quite possibly just riff raff. -yawn its late-
edit on 31-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

whatever it is, AJ should have it plastered on IW soon enough.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Probably was Alex.

Cenk with the drive-by via a PS-90, Alex retaliated with a Barret 50 cal.

Allegedly.

edit on 31-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Well even if that were not the case, it'd make one helluva satire video

But seriously, sucks to hear about whoever loss .

I don't like the way the media spins every damn gun death. If they did the same with all suicides, we would hear triple the reporting. But its like "oh multiple victims, 1 or two dead blah blah" . The same exact headlines could apply to any number of automobile accident that occur on a daily basis in every damn state. But its like "oh there was a gun... lets get the Red banners with ALL CAPS BOLD, and make it seem like everyone in the world is in immenant danger of these attacks right outside your door with the tone" and like, God forbid it happens with a rifle and the pundits get on and talk about "common sense" reforms and stupid crap like that.

I am sorry if the body not even cold yet, but its like every MSM report on these incidents always gets the BOLD CAPS headline on a RED BACKGROUND every damn time even if no one died. How come I don't see that with automobile accidents that happen everyday with the same rate of victimization??

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Lately it's always all about Texas.

WHY?

Talks of Texas Secession?

edit on 31-7-2016 by Now2016 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Now2016

Because we rock in Texas.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

It's definitely not normal for a relatively minor shooter situation in Austin to be this big a deal elsewhere. Definitely spin for the media because it fits an agenda. I just hope they stay the hell out of San Antonio.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Right? I was thinking the same thing. This isn't news
Hell, I usually shoot at least three people on the way to work.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Now2016
Lately it's always all about Texas.

WHY?

Talks of Texas Secession?

It's the most pro-gun/2nd Amendment state in the union.

The agenda is to make them eat their boot. California does it all the time. I'm not surprised.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Shooters Chicago!

5 dead and over 30 wounded so far this weekend.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

You freakin' know it!

Tragic about the shooting, crazy days that we are living in. This election, the highly promoted race war, the scary Muslim invasion, and we can't forget the Russians, Chinese, or Mexicans are always ready to pounce. Then, there are those dasterdly Canadians, don't even get me started on them!?!

Its like we are in a minefield of self destruct buttons hopping around on Pogo sticks, and I don't know about you guys but my pogoing skills might be a little rusty. This environment makes walking on eggshells a breeze. You can't keep your head down and mouth closed and keep your head on a swivle all at the same time. Where is it coming from next!? Seems like the lack of agoraphobia in a person might be a sign of mental disease. But if we are scared and hide they win.

If we want to keep our way of life we are going to have to find some sort of balance. I fear it is too late for action, the people are too weak and the people pulling the strings are far too strong. People are so brainwashed that we all believe exactly that, if I speak out, if I act out, I will be singled out, and effectively taken out. Be it behind bars or socially outcast and demonized, or dead.

Could it be that our world isn't any different at all. Maybe these same struggles have been going on forever and always will. I don't know why but people have always hurt, robbed, and killed each other. Now that we are connected it seems we have the worlds tragedy at out finger tips, and tragedy attracts page views, which attracts dollars. Where dollars are involved you can bet people who collect them are doing everything they can to collect them all like money = Pokémon, and people will get hurt in the process. There is power in this. The ability to manipulate the masses for profit or control is not a new concept. The masses eat it up. 11 years later and people still watch the towers fall over and over. Its like fear feeds this machine, that is a snake eating its own tail.

Cheesy love stories are corny, we need blood!!!

Our environment might be a little sick. Maybe a reset is the only antibiotic. I hate to be all pessimistic, but I am a Libra and understand the idea of balance. What is good without the bad? You can't understand light without first knowing the darkness. The tragic thing is why we all have to learn this life lesson first hand.
edit on 31-7-2016 by wastedown because: Grammar Nazi evasion

edit on 31-7-2016 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

top topics

join